"Art Imitates Life" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 17, 2008.

1. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

Excellent points, 11krage. Thanks!

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Did anyone else notice the small timing blooper at the beginning when Catherine arrives at the scene? When the camera pans down to Gil's level, then moves over to see Catherine arriving, she's actually standing still for an extra second or two before getting into action and going under the tape and start talking about why she's late. They should have had her starting from farther away and walking earlier because that would be a hard one to judge from an actor's point of view to figure out just exactly where the camera is focused and when to start walking/talking so she looks like she's actually arriving instead of standing still until waiting for her cue.

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

I could be wrong, but I didn't see that delay as an error. I interpreted that to be her pausing, looking around for the body, not finding one and then walking toward Gil trying to figure out where she was supposed to be.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

well, that could be - but since when does Catherine stop to think on the outside edge of a crime scene? Normally she'd be one to go right up to Grissom first, then ask about the body. At this time though, her mind was on the subject of being overworked and not having enough help (as she made mention of right away), so she wouldn't be thinking of the body at that precise time. I still think it was a timing error. (that's my story & I'm sticking to it!!:lol:)

6. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

I certainly wouldn't say Greg sulks. He does shut off parts of himself because he has to - we know he's a sensitive emotional guy and he does need to shut down to process his feelings and protect himself while he works out how to react. I do this too.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I agree, I don't think Greg sulks. I think he's a sensitive and emotional guy - and quite probably that persona we get of crazy Greg is part of him too - the part he projects to the outside world. I do it sometimes as well.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

REPEATING DECEMBER 18, 2008

For more info such as guest list and links see page/post one.

9. CsiFreak-

CsiFreak- Victim

I just watched a re-run of "Art Imitates Life" and thought it was one of the best season 9 episodes so far. Especially because Riley Adams was introduced.:)