"Art Imitates Life" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 17, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I had the same trouble at first, but I finally found it. Here's the link:
    Art Imitates Life preview- CBS

The second time it shows Greg, he's shining a flashlight in that art gallery or the painter's home or whatever.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The vids a bit dark on my screen. I am looking forward to this one. The counciling looks very angsty - I want to see how they are effected by Warrick's death, and i am looking forward to seeing some emotion from Greg. As for Riley, I am going to wait and see and giver her a chance, I think she'll be a fun character, Sometimes change is good. We better get used to it.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

They all do need thearpy and Grissom is horrified, and in deep despair so he'll be the first I'd think, and this new girl, I hope she works out, but knowing CSI, how many CSI's have come and gone? many. If she's not a bit hit with the fans, [and they'll know] bye-bye again, nothing is written in stone on this show :vulcan:

4. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I can totally see Nick being resistant to therapy but I don't think he or the others are going to be able to avoid it. I'm willing to bet they're required to have X number of sessions with the dept shrink in order to keep working.

I figure Nick will "forget" to show up for his or keep postponing or just sit there and not say anything.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am going to take a wild guess here and say that since Eckley has brought her in it maybe that they won't have the option of whether or not they see her for help, Brass might have a say that would be a line I am not sure of, but the others probably not at least not at first they may be required to see her for at least a couple sessions. I could be wrong and he tells them its their choice, but who really knows.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It's neither here nor there, most of the screen time for therapy will be devoted to Grissom and the case anyways.:shifty::rolleyes:

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

At the bank, whenever we get robbed, the next morning they have an EAP counselor meet with all of us as a group, but then after that it's up to each individual whether or not they want to seek additional counseling.

I don't think they can make it mandatory, but who knows? If it's affecting their work tho, maybe they can, and we've heard spoilers that they notice a change in Nick's demeanor.

Actually, I still think that legally all they can do is suggest it. :)

8. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

Interesting ... it looks like we went from 3 cases last week to just 1 this week? From the clips I'm seeing, everyone seems to be involved in the investigation of the "frozen" dead people. Then there's the counselor. You know, I'm not opposed to them doing this storyline, but it's hard for me to imagine where they are going with it. I mean, they're just being introduced to this character and we're going to see the team (or some subset of them) pour their hearts out to her? It would seem more realistic to me if they had her as a recurring character over the season, with people coming to her at various points to talk. Or if we just saw Nick and Catherine in a bar, talking about Warrick. That I could see. Well, evidently not in this episode, but you know what I mean.

Ali

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Evan Dunsky usually has some pretty good episodes writen (with the exception of "Ending Happy). I'm looking forward to this one.

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Thanks so much for posting that link. It was a much better preview. I'm looking forward to seeing this episode.

11. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Well, this is disturbing. How often do you get robbed? :wtf:

12. lilou

lilou Rookie

I'm a people who don't like how csi change. Well the GSR story which take many time. Well i'm french and we just see season 8 (TF1 don't show us episode in the good order) but sara left last week and in the three other episode we see they talk about her, about Grissom and her. I really didn't like GSR now sara is left and they talk again bout GSR. I realy don't like season 7 and 8 and I'm really happy about sara leaving and I really think that Riley can give somethink to the show. Ok the trailer is short but I like how she's. She seems really funny and I hope she'll have good feeling with Cath. I hope that I'll not wrong. But I really think that csi can down more down that with gsr story. Sorry for fan but it's reallly my opinion. The serie had lost many with this romance and "new blood" is really welcome!

13. ashlmorr3

ashlmorr3 Witness

I can't say I'm looking forward to, or care about the whole therapy storyline. I guess it would be intersting to see how they're dealing with it. I just miss the old days when something happened to one of them, it was forgotten the next by the next episode, and occasionally mentioned at a later date (i.e "Grave Danger," "Gum Drops" and "Daddy's Little Girl"). I mainly only was to see this episode because I think the case looks pretty fricking creepy, and would make for a good horror movie, if there weren't similar ones already out. As far the other stuff... eh.:rolleyes:

I just hope this episode is better than last week. I think this was the first time since this one epsisode in season 2 that I actually did not pay attention to the TV. It served as background noise. Except for the GSR office scene, that made my day. :devil:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's one thing to forget about one of them getting hurt and then recovering. But, when one of them is murdered, to forget about that would be a big mistake. All the diehard Warrick fans would be peeved.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yesss..but this is CSI and in the words of Naren (We don't do drama) Shankar, "This is a PROCEDURAL show.":rolleyes:

Yes, but the characters are humans not procedures. Maybe he should have created humazoids(sp?) like DATA from Star Trek: TNG to be criminalists, not human characters. That way he wouldn't have to worry about his PROCEDURAL show turning into a soap opera.

Then we get to see Greg with the point ears and they could have beamed Nick out of the box instead of digging him out.:lol:

Anyways, I hope the counsellor does talk to Nick-I mean this is the guy who Warrick would have blown up with in Grave Danger. They were like brothers.

Unless the writers figure Nick had his therapeautic moment when he held a gun at McKeen. :eek: I don't know if that's therapy or just plain rage.

I don't know what Shankar is worried about? I mean we had great emotional drama from Chris Noth's character in Law and Order. I loved Logan! And look at Law and Order: SVU tons of emotion, tons of personal conflict and it never took away from the cases.