Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I've been wondering how Catherine's going to leave also, ladybronco.
    "mysterious" makes me think she's going to join the circus or say some magic words and teleport herself to some secret hideaway in France.:lol: I thought the writers were going to, at the very least, set up some kind of conflict for next season in the finale for Cath's departure but apparently TPTB wants the fans to be in the dark until the day of the episode when Cath finally leaves the show.:)

2. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I was just thinking about that. I don't want it to be this huge bombshell in the premiere. If it wasn't for Raskell stealing the show maybe they could've mentioned Cath's thoughts of leaving. That way they could transition instead of dropping it out of nowhere.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What do we think of Riley saying...was it last season?...that Cath wasn't a good leader? Was that early hints at leadership issues with her or was Riley just getting back at her? I don't think she's a bad leader myself.

4. byline

byline CSI Level One

I don't think she's a bad leader either, but by the same token, her team is getting away from her. I won't be surprised if she's made the scapegoat for certain team members' mistakes.

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Not entirely no, problem is Catherine has never been really given the chance to shine as a leader with Ray and all, she's always stood in his shadow during his time it feels both leadership and character, part of that is also due to screentime and the writers confusing who's in charge and been there longer not who has a bigger star in Hollywood

In season 9 Marg's divorce was going on so that's why her screentime was in short supply, and really the writers were just plain lost most of the time in the 2nd half of season 9, and this now previous season Marg only worked 3 days a week so that doesn't help

EDIT: ^ No unfortunatly I wouldn't be surprised if she takes the fall for everyone's recent actions, I don't have much faith in the writers at this point

6. depo8753

depo8753 Civilian

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  7. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I hope that's not what TPTB is planning on doing with Cath's character. Making her leave because of leadership issues that were hinted at by a character who was on the show for only one season seems kind of...weak, to say the least. With everything the fans know about the character it would be very odd for Catherine to ride into the sunset happily knowing she was leaving the lab as a weak leader who couldn't handle her team effectively.

8. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I swear that if they make Catherine the scapegoat for Ray's sake and that's how Marg leaves, then I will never watch the show again, even if/when she comes back for cameos. That would be completely ridiculous.

9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Having a thought here. Would the actions of Ray and possibly Brass warrant them a place on Squeegel's hit list? Now THAT would be an interesting repercussion to be seen next season...

I should clarify too that I don't care to see a cat and mouse serial killer chase as seen with Raskell. Squeegel comes off differently though. No personal vendetta. He's more like... a force of nature. :lol:

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oooohhh that sounds so good!!!! I mean not from the "another story for Ray" point of view but it makes perfect sense for it to happen if they decide to go down that road.

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Well to me Sqwegel did have a personal agenda. He picked his victims on what he thought their crimes were. The mother who drown her son. The other mother having the affair, etc...

But Sqwegels return would be awesome.

12. semazem

semazem Victim

[spam]

13. klassmsx

klassmsx Victim

[spam]

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Not a bad idea :)

I hope Ray has nothing to do with Sqweegel, he's had plenty of serial killer to last a life time, plus I can't see how that would work since Ray's no hero really

Sqweegel with Brass could work, remember he got that award a couple years ago in Built to Kill for getting shot and saving the girl in Bang Bang, so that could work since Sqweegel chooses heroes with dirty secrets, Brass' being he covered for Ray

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes! Yes! Love it!! But now the writers won't do it for fear that you'll sue them for stealing your idea. :shifty: :lol: Damn it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.