Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You have entered the Season 12 Spoiler Lab. STOP or be spoiled! :eek:

**As per usual, please take a moment to refresh yourselves with the guidelines for this thread.**

Welcome to the Season 12 Spoiler Lab! Just like all of the other Spoiler Labs, Smokey & DJRideout ask that you read, remember, and respect the following regarding this thread.

This thread is for the discussion of spoilers regarding future episodes, story-lines, and characters as they relate to the current season in the US. This thread has nothing to do with the actors/actresses themselves, ship discussions in general, or past episodes. Each of these have their own respective threads and/or forums. Some comparison to past episodes is fine as long as it follows the line of your current discussion, but don't let it dominate.

What Should I Know About Spoilers?

Spoiler Code Boxes:

• Not needed! The warning is already in the thread title. You may discuss freely here. :)

Copyrights, Sites, & Pictures:

• Posting a spoiler word for word is not allowed. We ask that you put it in a short summary of your own words. Otherwise, you can just post a short description and then link to the site for the rest (as long as it's not one of the sites we are not allowed to link to...see below).

• Some places prefer that you not link to them for the spoilers. You are not allowed to mention or link to places such as SpoilerTV. You are also not allowed to link to or mention casting sides, and do not quote any portions of scripts here. Copyright violations will be edited and or removed.

• Spoiler pictures should be placed in the spoiler picture thread, not here.

Shipper Discussion:

• Shipper discussion is allowed in this thread only as it pertains to a particular episode/spoiler. All other ship discussion should be done in the Shipper Central forum.
    Episode Threads:

• If there is already a discussion thread up for an episode, please discuss that episode in that thread, as this is for future episodes. This thread is for Las Vegas spoilers only. Any Spoilers for Miami or New York belong in their respective forums.
    And last but not least, please remember that spoilers are subject to change and should only be considered as a guide to what could be happening in that episode, and not what will happen. :)

If you have any problems or questions, especially about citing sources and what you can/cannot post, please do not hesitate to contact one of your friendly LV mods, Smokey or DJRideout.

Remember... please respect the rules, respect each other and to respect each others opinions...oh, and of course, have FUN. :thumbsup: Let the conversing continue!

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  2. Smokey

Since we have some information starting to come in already about next season, we are going to go ahead and open the Season 12 Spoiler Thread for discussion.

A reminder...PLEASE stay on topic about the spoilers and refrain from getting into any disputes or arguments. If things begin to get out of control or if discussion strays due to lack of spoiler information, the mods may decide to close the thread for awhile until more information comes in. Your cooperation is much appreciated.

3. Smokey

Shanessaunders.com reports that Season 12 will bring some familiar faces back to CSI, including writer Elizabeth Devine. Full article located here.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm anxious to find out just who's coming back next season...wish we'd hear about the contracts.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm hoping that a few other writers return as well. Liz Devine wrote some great ones over the years, so I'm looking forward to her coming back.

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'm so happy that Elizabeth Devine will return to the show next season...She has written some of my favorite episodes...

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I love Liz Devine, I'm glad she'll be back. Do we know what actors are back yet? or even if the show has been renewed?

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Glad to hear an old writer is coming back :)

^ So far we know Catherine is supposed to be around for like 8 episodes, looks like Paul, LF, and George will also be back

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I thought they said Cath was saying for a while? Or is it going to be like a Sara thing in the last few seasons, more spread out between appearances?

10. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Neither Marg nor Jorja have signed their contracts yet, so the exact number of episodes and the manner in which she is credited are being determined.

Probably they will wait till AFTER the finale airs to decide.

11. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

From what I can gather the cast index thing looks like this:

Confirmed Actors for next season:
    Elisabeth Harnois

Actors more likely to return than not:
    Laurence Fishburne, George Eads, Eric Szmanda, Robert David Hall, David Berman, Wallace Langham, Paul Guilfoyle

Likely to return for some episodes:
    Marg Helgenberger

Could go either way:
    Jorja Fox

Actors likely to return for Guest Appearances:
    William Petersen

12. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

I think Marg was talked into coming back because there really was no way to fit her departure into this season's story arc. (Still not giving a whole lot of credence to that article in the French National Enquirer.) At least not in a way that wouldn't be rushed and leaving the fans feeling cheated.

Since no one has a new contract yet, I can only assume that all this stuff has been talked about and nothing more. In that interview a few weeks ago, Christopher Barbour's responses were very vague; they were his thoughts and feelings but not one word of concrete fact. All he can talk about is what's been talked about. He even said that the general public probably knows as much as he does.

The networks announce their renewals the week of May 16. Contract negotiating starts a couple weeks after that. Hopefully it will all be quick and painless. Then we can start speculating about what the new season will bring with a little more clarity.

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Marg, who is currently promoting CSI in France is currently saying she'll be here for half of season 12. She also says that logically Nick should be replacing Catherine.

Beware... Translated by Google! (because I failed French in Jr. High! :lol:)

Susan

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Thanks blackflag :) Lawerence, George, and Liz or Jorja should be the top people

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Damn right he should be! It'll be nice to have another "bug man" at the helm. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.