Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I like him, a lot! I think he is a great addition to the cast. And I have to admit... he's very easy on the eyes. :drool: I hadn't ever heard of Eddie Cibrian (my loss!!) before he joined the cast, but even on hearing the things about his personal life, I have to say that has nothing to do with his acting- and his acting is great! He already fits in well with everyone, and I look forward to the rest of the season and learning everything we can about Jesse. :)

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yeah, as much as a well functioning family would be welcomed, I couldn't see tptb writing it - they enjoy grief too much :lol:

I don't want to start any kind of controversy here, but I like the idea of Jesse being a gay man (chime in at any time GNRFan :lol:)
    I just think it'd be interesting & I'd like to see what tptb would do with something like that, it's never been done on any of the CSI shows with main characters. I'm totally not saying that a gay life-style can't be functional (trying to word myself right without getting clobbered). I wouldn't necessarily want a whole storyline/arc on it either, but imo, it would be interesting to see his perspective on certain cases if he was living that life-style.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It would definitely be interesting, but it probably won't happen... unless they bring in yet another new character for that purpose.

But it would be nice if they'd at least make him a family man with a wife, two point five kids and a dog. I'm just really worried that we could have another in-office romance on our hands. We do NOT need that. One was enough. Let's leave it at that please, ptb. :lol:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well....he can always be a lay missionary so that they wouldn't need any more people to give him some romance and we woudln't have more pain in the ass with crappy romances around the lab :lol:

Well to me, he can be whatever he wants, but I'm not going to accept him with any woman in the labs just for my eye's sake 'cause I'm done with romances in the lab :rolleyes:

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It would be so good if they made Jesse a happily married man. Just the odd reference now and then would suffice. But I agree that they probably wont do it.
    The gay thing would also be cool, but that wont happen, unfortunately.

6. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

I decided to stop lurking and declare my love for Jesse. I cannot get enough of him! I watched the first couple episodes of this season online and instantly knew I had a new favorite CSI.

I was dying during Hostile Takeover, I was worried about him. But I laughed at his reponse when asked why he was there. "Well, you forced us in here, as I recall." It sort of reminded me of something Speed would say.

I was practically bouncing last night when In Plane Sight came on. Now I'm actually looking forward to Monday nights again. Miami has gotten interesting again, at least for me.

7. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I feel the same way! The only difference is Ryan is my favorite CSI. ;) Jesse is very likable, though (and fun to look at! Have I already said that?). I like the sensitive side he has, which was shown last night, getting that guy and his family a place to live. I think everyone is giving Jesse a fair chance (viewers I mean), and that's all any new character can ask for. I only hope they continue to appreciate him, and not think of him as a replacement for Delko, which is the exact reason a lot of people didn't accept Wolfe in the beginning.

8. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

To quote a Michael Jackson song
    I feel the same way. That's why I am now using a pic of Eddie Cibrian as Jesse Cardoza for my avatar.
    <---See my avatar?
    <---That pic kinda reminds me of Guy Williams in 1964 when Guy was playing Will Cartwright in 5 season-5 episodes of Bonanza. Or Guy in 1965 when Guy was playing Professor John Robinson on Lost In Space.
    Here's the Guy Williams pic it reminds me of the most:
    http://webs.5u.com/zorrothefox/collage/BonanzaCollage.jpg
    Now, look at that center pic of Guy Williams and try to tell me Eddie doesn't look alot like that.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

10. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

I've heard some unfavorable opinions about Jesse and it reminded me of when Ryan came in. I wasn't a big fan of Ryan in the beginning but I learned to like him because he is a great character too. But at first I felt as if he was replacing Speed.

I guess since I really don't mind what happens to Eric---terrible I know---it didn't matter that Jesse came on. It was also the way they introduced him, with being in the flashbacks. It was as if to say, 'hey, he was here already. he's just coming back for his old job.' not, 'eric is out, jesse is in'

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

That would be great to see! We need to get Rory in on this, lol! Maybe they were like college friends or something?

13. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

well, correct me if i'm wrong but I remember Speed's original bio somewhere said his best friend's uncle got him a job at the crime lab. Obviously this has changed since Jesse was the one that told H about Speed... maybe Jesse is the cousin of the best friend? *shrugs* just throwing out possibilities. Who knows with Miami, lol.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

They probably 'fixed' it when they had to rewrite the epi since Rory wouldn't come back.

15. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I have to say that I am really liking Jesse...he is my #2 to Ryan! I love the interaction the 2 of them have....I hope it continues!