Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Jess713

Jess713 Victim

every episode i just start to adore this guy more and more. Jesse/Eddie are fantastic:thumbsup:

2. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

I was really happy with the epi. Jesse got equal screentime with folks like Nataila and the new tech (Walter I think?) Made me happy that it was well balanced and everything. The scenes he had were really well done as well. Especially the scene where he was climbing all over the lifeguard tower while Natalia was walking to get a ladder. Nice work from him.

3. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I posted this in the 'Bolt Action' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS*** thread. Now I'm gonna quote it here and I wanna read whether or not you agree with me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  4. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Jesse is smoking...

5. TheAngelDivine

TheAngelDivine Dead on Arrival

Must agree, the two look a lot alike Creepy Carrie.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Why do you think lots of people had a hard time accepting Jonathan Togo as Ryan when he first came on the show? Because there was practically zero promotion on the guy who was gonna replace someone like Speedle after three years of a solid show. When he came to Miami, I didn't know anything about him and I was like "who the hell is this person?". So I am gald they did promote Eddie in the way they did 'cause I goota know who he is and I'm appreciating him. But, then again, it's all a matter of POVs ;)

Absolutely. Totally agree with you. This was one of the most balanced epsiodes in these last years and I'm glad they did it. It was about time.

As for Jesse, I always love him and unless they'll do something stupid like bullets in his heads or crappy romances...there's no way I'm gonna dislike him :thumbsup:

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I think they are writing Jesse well so far. He is coming across as a normal, nice guy. He was in quite alot of scenes, but I can understand that with him being so new, and the scenes worked well. I think he has good chemistry with the rest of the cast and I agree Florry -hopefully there wont be any romance or silly parentage stories to ruin his character.

8. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I wonder what would happen if in a later episode, its revealed that Jesse is a family man and his family is well functioning and all. I wouldn't mind seeing that as it would take some steam off of creating yet another romance..

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

From your post to tptb eyes/ears/thoughts. I'm praying that this will happen. The only one on the team who was ever happily married with kids is Alexx. :lol: It'd be nice if Jesse was. :)

10. 915

915 CSI Level One

Hey I wouldn't mind that, and I also don't want any more romance stuff in this show either. That would be kinda cool to see that Jesse is a family man. Heck it would be believable and they wouldn't have to do a whole story on it or anything like that, maybe just have him mention his family in passing or something would work. Or just showing them in a small scene or something in an episode. That way I don't think any fans would be unhappy and there wouldn't be too much of Jesse's family or anything like that.

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I think it would be so awesome for Jesse to be revealed as a family man! Seriously, he is the most normal character I have ever seen on Miami, so him being a good husband and good Dad would be exactly perfect and fitting!!! At least it'll show that you CAN have a normal relationship without some big whirlwind romance.

Besides, Jesse being a Dad would be SO SO ADORABLE!!!!

Also, I'm interested in learning as to WHY Jesse left Miami PD in the first place for LA and just what that backstory is all about and why he came back to the Miami crime lab. I remember that in the flashback episode, Horatio told Jesse to keep in touch, so I'm guessing they still kept in contact the last 12 years before Jesse's return so maybe Horatio called him back or something.....but what really intrigued me was the line Horatio said to Jesse, "I hope this works out for you Jesse, you're a good man", the way Horatio said it and Jesse's expression and reply afterwards made me wonder.....did something bad happen that caused Jesse to leave? Was he injured on a case? Or did he go through an IA investigation? Just what did Horatio mean when he said he hoped things would work out for Jesse? And why did Jesse look so sad?

I'm totally pumped to learn more about Jesse!

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Original spoilers for the premiere said that Jesse left Miami for LA because his Dad (who lived in LA) was really sick and he went back home to help out. Horatio's comment was probably said meaning that he hoped Jesse's dad would get better.

13. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Another reason why I think its a good idea is because he is restrained when he works with the ladies. Look at his non reaction to Natalya's Tarzan quip. It could be a way of him doing that to respect his wife (If he has one)

14. 915

915 CSI Level One

^ Hey good point never thought about it like that. It would be nice if somebody on the show should have a normal fully functioning family and who better then Jesse after all he is a new character so we don't know much about him yet, gives the writers room to work with to make him have a family that isn't screwed up.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Families on TV shows like this are always disfunctional (ok not like Parker's legacy from "The Pretender"), but very rarely we see all functioning family having a good/normal life.

I would love to know Jesse has a normal family, a wife and a kid, but, honstely, I highly doubt it just because this is TV and we're talking about CSI:Miami where even Alexx's family wasn't that normal considering what her son did or better say didn't :lol:

As for him respecting women, well it was about time! :lol: