Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I love the interaction between Jesse and Ryan. I also love the interaction between Jesse and the nightshift guy Walter. Is it just me or do Jesse and Ryan look like they could be brothers?

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's not just you. I thought the same thing. I have to do doubletakes during promos for new eps if they aren't shown close up enough to tell. :lol: And they kind of have that brotherly vibe. They remind me of Sam and Dean on Supernatural. :lol: Both sarcastic with each other, teasing each other. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  3. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

They remind me of Sam and Dean too, well season 1-2 Sam and Dean.

I love that Jesse messes with Ryan, lol. They seem like they'll work well together. And I love Jesse with Walter. I laugh anytime Walter says something because Jesse gets this look on his face like, 'What is he talking about?'

I want to see him work more with Horatio though, see what their past is like and he and Calleigh seem to get along well too.

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

I hope you are right about the working relationship, but, playing a game of RPS proves nothing to me, especially when Ryan walked off and you didn't see him until he was with H. I want to see Ryan and Jessie working an actual crime scene together. :)

I want to like Jessie, but at this point it is a no go. I want to see him move over a bit, and let the others in on the crime solving action and not just in the paling around, funny banter way. :rolleyes:

5. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Firstly, Black Kat i LOVE your Avatar!!!:thumbsup::drool:

I am actually falling for Jesse! He is funny, hot, kind, loving, cool, and obviously a brilliant CSI! I never really had a favourite male CSI on Miami and I think Jesse is slowly becoming one.

He is not a replacement for Adam. They are completely different characters and I think Jesse is too good a character to be a replacement.

I also think the reason that people are excepting Jesse quicker then Ryan is cos Jesse joined the team BEFORE Adam had left, so really he is not replacing anyone, whereas Ryan joined the team AFTER Speedle was killed and H stated in the Episode that Ryan was interviewing for Speeds space.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That depends on the site you are on.Go to CBS,believe me they are not accepting Jesse any better at all.
    I always thought Ryan got a rotten deal,he was filling a need,and Jesse does not appear to be doing better at least not over at CBS.

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Hey, just had to post this. I'm watching hubby play Uncharted 2 and I think Eddie would be a great choice to play the main guy Nathan Drake in the upcoming movie. They look quite a bit alike!

*wanders off whistling*

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

You ar right, I have been over there and they are not as excepting. Some of them are downright hostile. :lol:

9. CSIKitty

CSIKitty Dead on Arrival

Yeah, they are a rude bunch over there. I was surprised at the hostility. I'm always up for a healthy argument but I think that would have been like talking to a brick wall, as I had read some positive comments about Jesse and the non-likers came out in full force.

Overall though, I have heard good things about Jesse, though people would like if he weren't the center of attention, (again, I don't mind lol but totally understand their reasoning)

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

Thank you CSIKitty, for understanding that some of us are not on the Jessie bandwaggon. It is not personal. We just want to see more of our faves for which we have been wathching all this time. They need to be at the forefront not Jessie. I don't completely oppose him, just the amount of time spent on him. The producers or writers could have wriiten so that his character development was spread out over the season. :)

11. Composer1234

Composer1234 Witness

Havent been over to CBS in a while...*goes over and had a look*

OOOOK! a petition already! and Talk CSI was mentioned! :thumbsup: apparently we all love Jesse...

I have to say, as a hardcore E/C and Adam fan, I saw Jesse as an replacement at first. But after the first few episodes, he is all in all a wondeful character! Fine, he did take a way a lot of screen time but I think it might just be the writer's way of getting the viewers to get used to his appearence. To be pretty honest, I didnt really notice a Jesse over dose...

12. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I haven't noticed an OD of Jesse, either. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing more scenes with Jesse in them. Eddie Cibrian is hot. In my opinion, he's hotter now than he was when he was on Young and the Restless from 1994 to 1996 or Third Watch from 1999 to 2005.
    Hear that CSI: Miami PTB-(Powers That Be)...MORE JESSE!!! :cool:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah. They are. I think it's more a younger group on that board who are very committed to their positions and not very tolerant of hearing other sides. I also think that most of the people over there are Eric/Adam Rodriguez and/or E/C supporters who are understandably upset that Eric is leaving and that his departure then puts the "ship" in a questionable state.

I really like Jesse and what his coming to the team has added to the show. :thumbsup: I think his addition to the show, along with Walter, is a chance for a renewed freshness. And I think the audience, as a whole, likes Jesse and that TPTB have done an excellent job introducing the character.

His character is strong, sentitive, kind, humble and ... hot, hot, hot!!! :drool:

I am concerned that we are seeing a lot of this character, however. I don't think it's over-the-top yet, but I do think we're getting close. It wouldn't hurt to pull back just a little and bring Ryan and especially Natalia a little more to the forefront.

If not, I've afraid we might see some backlash. And I would really HATE to see that happen. It's hard enough to come in as a new character on an established show. A number of fans committed to hating this character before he was even introduced. I don't want to see reasons provided to perpetuate that feeling. :(

14. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

That CBS bunch who wants Jesse gone is IMO very very ridiculous and idiotic. Rather than asking for more balance and a good storyline direction for the show, they are content to attack an actor who has done nothing wrong except being shoved into a firestorm that he didn't even start. Poor Eddie, at least the man's handling everything with grace, just like his character Jesse would.

Besides, it's not like Eddie stole Adam's job or anything like that, Adam himself made a decision to leave, and from the stuff I've read, he doesn't seem all that upset about the choice he's made and rather excited about his new projects. I think alot of the fans over at the CBS boards are just spoiled brats who thinks they should get whatever they want and some big happy ending. Well, too bad, life is all about change and not everything is some big sunny happy ending.

I can understand people's dislike of Jesse's character and wanting to see more balance, heck, even I want to see more screentime balance. But the fact remains that sometimes few characters take the lead in a story while others have to take a backseat, it is not an uncommon storyline tactic, and it's something we as fans have to learn to deal with. And as a writer myself, I can understand why sometimes not all characters can have equal timing. But all that said and done, I would never bad-mouth an actor just because I got upset of their character stealing away screentime from others.

What I saw on the CBS board is just absolutely disheartening, to see that people are so prejudice and so unaccepting of change, to see that they would bad-mouth an actor who has done nothing wrong. What a bunch of unintelligent hypocrites!

I just ignore that bunch over at CBS, it's no use trying to argue with a bunch of people who's got their heads so far up their collective a$$es that they can't see or understand change as a part of life even if it was dancing naked in front of them.

I for all am glad to see Eddie Cibrian and the character of Jesse Cardoza on the show! It has turned me from someone who used to spend all my time mock the ridiculousness and stupidity of such an over-the-top show to someone who is now a fan who has found a sense of normalcy from this show and sees its great potential.:cool:

I'm a proud supporter of Jesse Cardoza/Eddie Cibrian!!!!!!:thumbsup:

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

That is what I've been reading as well about what Rodriguez is saying. With the exception of a few tweets where he has encouraged his fans to let CBS know if they are upset about him leaving. A little confused about why he would encourage them to do that when he's telling everyone he's excited about his new projects, but he certainly has the right to do so.

I've already said that I really like Jesse and I'm thrilled he's been added to the show. I think his introduction has been handled well and in every scene another team member has been included. So he's not been alone in his screen time and they haven't hooked him up with any one team member (although they are teaming him with Calleigh more and more and I'll admit I don't like that.).

I think that part of the problem is some of us have been waiting so long for our favorite characters to get their moment after they've been pushed back to allow for others to dominate. The focus for the last 3 seasons has been on Horatio and the Eric and Calleigh storyline. Ryan, Natalia, Frank and Rick have all taken a backseat. Some more than others. We've all tried to be patient and hoped that as soon as the Eric/Calleigh storyline cooled off a little our favorites would get a chance.

I still think that Jesse's time is not over-the-top. But I don't want to see the good will that TPTB have built up with the great introduction of his character wasted as people begin resenting him because he is getting significant time and those who have been ignored for three seasons are still seen very little. I think what we are hearing and seeing is disappointment - again. And it keeps happening and as a result the frustration level is rising.

Jesse is the new guy. So he is going to be the whipping boy. He gets blamed for replacing Eric, he gets blamed because others are still not getting the time they deserve ... yada, yada, yada. And NONE of it is his fault. :(

You're right, BauerAlmeida, it's not the character's fault and it certainly isn't the actor's fault. It's the writers -- AGAIN! But to a lot of people the actor and the character simply cannot be separated. And the same holds true for an actor and his personal life. It sucks, it's wrong, but there it is. :scream:

Disheartening is an excellent word for it. But you do have to ignore them. It's the only way to survive in the online fan community. I have been trying for a long time to ignore that type of misinformed bad-will. For the most part I'm successful. Everyone once in a while I slip. The reason I watch the show is the individual most held up to ridicule and most attacked (and I'm thinking maybe one of the reasons you found a need to mock the show sometimes ;)). I was also a huge fan of The X-Files and David Duchvony. I was there when he was being crucified. It was insanity and the most hateful thing I've ever seen. Some fans can turn quite malicious when they feel they aren't getting what they want. Oh well... :)

I'm happy you've found a reason to enjoy the show.

I also enjoy the character and see a tremendous amount of potential with his addition to the show. This is my only experience with Eddie Cibrian as an actor and I'm very impressed. He's good and I'm glad that I withheld judgment and didn't listen to others.

As far as what is happening outside the show, it's his business and absolutely no one elses. No one is that pure that they have the right to judge another. That right has been reserved! ;)