Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^ Florry, I hope you're right too,but my gut feeling tells me that the focus will be all Jesse...hope I'm wrong.Really,just how much promotion is needed?

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure that tptb at Miami are the ones doing the promos/episode commercials. Those are probably put together by CBS themselves from clips given to them by the Miami ptb. So, I'm not sure the promos have any indications of what the episodes will actually bring.

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

That sounds like it may be the case. I hope you are right.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm not speaking of promos as in the clips.I'm speaking more of introduction,like Ray on Vegas.Of course the promo clips of him indicated
    very well what the episodes bought.Who's to say that the clips given to CBS by TPTB don't have pretty much what we see,perhaps CBS doesn't have a lot of choice because of the clips they are given.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I know. :) I was replying to what another poster said about the promos. :) I was just too lazy to do the quote thing at the time. :lol:

As for introduction, I think Jesse's has been done better than Ray's. Well, Ray was alright in "Grave Shift" when he was struggling with the fingerprint powders... but it went downhill after that because they wrote it as him knowing everything that the higher level CSIs knew. At least Jesse has actually been a cop for years, so it wouldn't be hard to buy that he'd know more than some of the others... he's been a cop longer. We know he's been one longer than Ryan especially because Jesse was a cop 12 years ago and Ryan was a teenager. :lol:

I don't think the episode (Hostile Takeover) focused as much on Jesse as the promo indicated. I think it focused more on Horatio than anyone. The whole theme of the episode was that people see the tv and see that Horatio manages to save pretty much everyone he tries to save. Jesse was just caught in the middle of it all. :lol: Hopefully the next episode won't be all Jesse cause I like him, but the others need time too. At least Ryan actually got a line in the promo this time. :lol:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

How many times have we watched promos whcih lead us to think something was going to happen on the show and oh look at there, it never happened like Eric/Calleigh secret which has never revealed during 7x16 despite the promo...or what about the famous killer who should have been stalking Calleigh during 5x24?? These things were what the promos from CBS wanted us to believe in, but they never happened :rolleyes:.

8x02 promo may have lead many people to think that was gonna be Jesse's episode, but it wasn't. It was an episode about a guy who took in hostage the whole crime lab b/c of an injustice...Jess was in the wrong place at the wrong time...typical? yes...but it wasn't an overdone intruduction of the character as he wasn't the one who saved the day ;)

As for Jesse's introduction...well it was smooth IMO.

Eddi Cibrian surely needs huge promotion in order to get people to enjoy him right after he's gonna replace a guy who's spent 7 years of his life (with a lot of respect towards TPTB) as an employee of CBS. I'm all for some promotion for the guy and I don't care weather they're gonna go on with it or not, all I know is that I'm enjoying the show's situation at the moment, I do enjoy Eddie ...so I'm all for it as they're not focusing too much on him during the actual episodes ;)

7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Well, if there is anything I have learned about the television world, is that promos are usually misleading, they don't tell the whole story or the whole circumstances, all we see are a bunch of scenes spliced together to make the episode all dramatic and breath-taking.

Like the Hostile Takeover promo, it looked like a Jesse episode, but in the end, it was more of Horatio than anyone else. And we were led to believe that from the looks of the promo that it would be all about the hostage crisis when in fact that problem was solved within the first 20 minutes of the show!

I just think CBS does their promos different, they tend to latch onto one aspect to trick the viewers into believing one thing than another. If you looked at promos done for CTV (the Canadian network), their promo for Hostile Takeover showed more balanced than just it's all about Jesse in the promo.

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

This is my third time trying to post today. Hopefully its the charm. :lol:

I find the character to be charming and hope he bonds well with the other characters. But, not to the exclusion of the other chaacters development.

From my POV I do see a little too much promotion. He is not the reason I started watching Miami in the first place. :(

I mean no disrespect to Eddie or CBS, but maybe they need to tone it down a bit.

I feel his character has been well received, and it is not necessary to keep up with that kind of a push. Adam is going to be missed no matter what, and no one is going to replace him.

I personally watch for: 1)The crimes and how they solve them, and 2)My favorite Jon Togo, who is probably one of the most talented and under rated actors today. :)

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's all a matter of perspective,20 minutes of a 60 minute episode is huge and he was in and out of the remaining portion of the episode.

People are going to like him or not,a huge promotion won't change that,a huge promotion is just as likely to turn people off.
    I hope this huge promotion will be wrapped up soon,and we get to Eddie being treated as a regular cast member and his character being treated like the others,including crappy airtime .
    While I'm not saying that I don't enjoy Eddie at all,I will always (and have always) enjoyed seeing all the characters and still would like to see balanced air time,and that doesn't mean that everyone gets equal minutes every episode.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

IMO, I think Jesse will blend well with the rest of the team. Like you, slower, I don't want it at the exclusion of characters who have been with the program longer.

It sure seems as if tptb want it all Jesse all the time. We'll just have to see what the next few episodes bring.
    A couple of episodes to get him established and then go back to more of a team aspect. And give Adam the send off he deserves. :thumbsup:

These are pretty much the reasons why I turn in as well. And you are right slower, Jon Togo is pretty underrated as an actor!!

11. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Hey did anyone see Eddie on Regis and Kelly?? I read that he would be on but forgot to tune in.

12. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

the interview of eddie on regis and kelley is now on youtube so you can just look it up.

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I just got done watching the latest episode, and I believe most people(hopefully) will agree with me that Jesse sure wasn't hoarding all the screentime away from the others, in fact, I found this episode to be well balanced, all the characters got a good share of the pie.

And Jesse is just as charming as ever!!! So adorable!!

If the writers of Miami keep continuing this way in writing the show and for Jesse, I think our new boy will fit in just fine.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree that it was much better balanced tonight.

15. 915

915 CSI Level One

:) The episode was very well blanced like you guys said and while he was in a good number of scenes which I totally expected cause this is still his first few episodes he didn't steal the screen time and everybody had a good share of scenes. I also hope the writers can keep the balance like this throughout the season.