You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

Hey, Orison, you'd only have to swim 5,572 km from France to Massachusetts (isn't Google handy?) and then head to Virginia to meet up with midnight. If you get a little cargo thingie on the back, will you swing through Washington DC and pick me up?

I love what some of you are willing to go through to get to LA. :D It'll be well be well worth the trouble.

Elsie - Yep, I've got all your info. Thanks.

Girls, I've asked ka990 to extend the deadline on the Eddie fugly tie fan project because I was struck with a little moment of genius the other day. I want you all to bring the fugliest tie you can find to La with you. I'm thinking of a group shot of the ladies of CSI Files decked out in their fugliest ties and a bunch of individual shots of girls wearing their fugly ties out at Hollywood hot spots. I think that would be a cute tribute. Eddie will know the background of some of the locations we'll be at and should be truly flattered that fans would be caught dead sporting fugly ties at places like Les Deux and Boulevard3. ... Don't worry, what I'm invisioning is you bust a fugly tie out of your purse and wear it for like one minute to have your piuc taken, then you shove it back into your purse and pray no one noticed what tremendous dorks we are. :lol:

:lol: I love it! What a fabulous idea MrsG, I'm definately up for that! :D

That is an absolutely brillian idea MrsG! I love it! I'm getting a tie tomorrow on my way to school.

:lol: What a fun idea, MrsG! I am purchasing my father's day gift tomorrow, so I can get a fugly tie as well!

ooooo and I am getting a cute sundress to wear! I *might* actually dress girly on more than one day in LA! :lol: (that is good for me)

** IMPORTANT **

I didn't end up coordinating the Warner Brothers studio tour as a group reservation because they don't really take reservations. Rather, all tickets have to be purchased in advance, so I would have had to pay for 23 tickets up front to book it as a group. $960. Not gonna happen.

Therefore, everyone needs to be responsible for purchasing their own tickets online through the Warner Bros. website. The cost is $45 per person. The day/time on the itinerary set aside for the studio tour is Friday, July 20th at 2:00 pm. When you buy your tickets please try to get this timeslot so we can be together. The tours aren't very big, so there is a chance we may get split up, particularly if you wait to purchase your ticket. That's not a super huge deal because the tours leave every 20 minutes. If you can't get 2:00 pm, try for 2:20 pm.

Currently 2:20 pm isn't available on the website because they set that time aside for us, but since we're not doing it as one giant sale, I'm sure they'll free that time up again within the next couple days. But shoot for 2:00 pm first so that we can be together.

It is imperative that you purchase your tickets online in advance. During the summer the tours fill up and you're not likely to get the time you want if you just show up.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but having everyone get their own tickets is the easiest way to go on this.

Thanks for the update MrsG, currently neither the 2pm or 2.20pm are available on the website so I haven't booked anything. I'll try again later and hopefully they'll free up the 2.20 time soon. :)

I've got my ticket for the 2pm--hopefully it isn't full already, but they should free up the 2:20pm soon with any luck.

Just a reminder--the day we're going on the studio tour is Friday, July 20th.

That sucks that 2pm is booked because several of us have tickets for that time. :( Sadly when you buy the tickets online there is no way to see how many remaining spaces are available for that time. I'll touch base with the guy from Warner Bros. today though and let him know we have people trying to buy tickets for 2:00 and 2:20 and make sure he at least puts the 2:20 slot back online.

There should be plenty of 2:20 slots once they remove our group of 23 from that time. If anyone ends up not being able to get one of those two timeslots, worst case, you might want to go with 2:40. The tour lasts over 2 hours, but dinner isn't until 7pm, so there's plenty of time. I wouldn't suggest picking a timeslot any earlier than 2:00 because we have lunch reservations at noon at Big Wang's (a total dump of a sports bar/wing place co-owned by Hill) in Hollywood and the studio tour is in Burbank. While Warner Brothers is only about 10-15 minutes from Big Wang's, I'm not sure how long parking will take or how far in advance we need to check in for the tour.

I'll have to do that right away.
Anyways, I was going to bunk with a couple of people, who unfortunately can't go anymore, so I am currently roomless.
So here we go.
17 year old girl in desperate need of a new hotel room. Anyone willing to adopt me for the trip? If not, I'm gonna end up staying with my mom and grandma...which isn't so bad but still. Only requirements are that you don't mind giving me rides since I can't drive in LA yet. Thank you!

^ That's bad that your friends aren't able to come anymore and you're now homeless. :( Well, not really, mom and grandma aren't a bad way to go. Casa de Mrs. G is already booked, but maybe someone else will have room.

Wow, this was such a great idea :D
I can't go, obviously, too young, too far...and so on and on. But I really hope you guys have the greatest time ever, all together ;) Hopefully one day it will be my turn to do something like this. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to hearing news for the LA stories, and pictures, of course.

MrsG, that was a great idea of extending the Eddie/Flack fan project, to take some great pictures there ;)

Seriously, I am just here in my little corner wishing you a very happy trip with remarkable moments :)

It isn't a bad way to go per say, but if anyone could take me in, it would be great, that way I have a link to you guys, since I don't think mom wants to chaufer me around LA when she has no intention of joining us for most things.

Ok so after scanning and catching up with posts, the only thing that I got was buffalo wings and beer- more of my favorite things that make me orgasmic. :lol:

Tour is set on the 20th of July... now I need to finish shopping for this trip! :D

MrsGiovinazzo said:
... at Big Wang's (a total dump of a sports bar/wing place co-owned by Hill) in Hollywood ...

Wait, WAIT.

It's called BIG WANG'S? :eek:

So.

Which of the co-owners was the restaurant named after? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back