You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Orison, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

^Funny you should mention "wangs" *points to her signature*

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hiya - Just wanted to say, I'm envious of all of you and will live vicariously... :D

I think the Fugly Tie idea is brilliant, and I hope maybe you'll all consider maybe sharing some pics... If people aren't comfortable having their faces posted, how about a few Guerilla Fugly Tie pics, on famous statues or city landmarks or something...? Like that obnoxious travelling gnome... (Maybe a tie over a Big Wang...? :lol:)

Hope everyone has a fantastic time!! All the best,
    El. :p

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

~1 month until I descend on LA.

Hee!

:devil:

4. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

:lol: Of course! Just be sure not to overpack, I wouldn't want to have sore muscles when we get to LA... ;)

The "Fugly ties" idea is brilliant, MrsG, I'll be sure to bring something... :D

And thanks for the heads-up on the WB tour, I'll take care of that.

ETA: I can't remember if it's been asked before but is there a dress code or something for those upscale restaurants/clubs like Les Deux?

5. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Well, you know what they said about black men. ;)

They sell some great t-shirts at Big Wangs, btw. There's a lot you can do with that name. :lol: Top and I both have tank tops, which may need to be worn at some point on the trip.

Dress code for the upscale clubs is a good question. I'll have to check and post the specifics of the dress codes. In LA the actual dress code is usually designed to avoid the Kevin Federline look -- no baggy jeans, no athletic shoes -- nothing that really effects women too much. On a practical level though, the look is pretty upscale. If you wear jeans, make sure they're dark and you're dressy looking with heels and a nice top. Camisole tops and halter tops are very popular. Otherwise, you can always go with a cute dress. I know I plan on wearing a dress at least one night.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think breaking out the Big Wangs tank tops for either Big Wangs or the beach (or the hike) is a must. :lol:

MrsG summed up the club look in LA pretty well! I'll probably be wearing a dress at least one of the nights, too, but jeans or black pants (or a cute skirt) with a fun top work just as well.

7. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Alright, thanks for the clarification, ladies. :)

8. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Still no tickets available for the WB tour at 2 or 2:20. I really don't wanna go at any other time with the cat ladies and weird male Gilmore Girls fans.

9. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Oh please, if they show me the Gilmore Girls set one more time I'll scream! :lol:

10. MrsGiovinazzo

*big sigh*
    That sucks balls, though isn't too surprising given the difficulty I encountered just getting the group sales guy to ever call me back. :rolleyes: He knows that timeslot is now available and I left him a message telling him we have people trying to book that time online. F-er.

I propose that everyone give it until the end of the week and then if 2:20pm still hasn't freed up, book the 2:40pm. I just want to make sure that everyone who didn't get 2:00 pm ends up together and not sitting next to a cat lady or Gilmore Girls fan ... not that these CSI:NY fans are any more sane. :lol:

11. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

^ yeahhh, I am pretty sure that we all rank pretty high up there with the crazy cat ladies and those male gilmore girl fans. :lol:

Sooo, the tube top and daisy dukes are out for clubs then? Bummer. As a joke I was even contemplating wearing them to court this Saturday for my mock trial I am an expert witness for. :lol: I think for a split second I worried the director when I mentioned that I was going to wear that.

12. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

totally psyced! One more month exactly! Next two paychecks go straight into savings.
    Hey ladies, I still need a new room mate if somebody doesn't mind. If not, I'll stay with mom, but I'd love to chill with some new people. Feel free to PM me or post for me. :D

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I finally got my money out of the bank. I haven't gone shopping yet or anything, though...I need to figure out what to take with me and what I need to get...

14. MrsGiovinazzo

^ So the trip is in a month and you hit the ATM already? Excited much? :lol:

I'll have to go through the itinerary and come up with a list of helpful items for people to bring. Random thoughts I've been meaning to post include:

1. Wear comfy shoes the day we hit Beverly Hills. This is no shopping mall. It's like a square mile or two of retail euphoria and it'll involve some walking. While the idea of hitting Rodeo in your cutest sandals that aren't terribly comfy may look adorable, your feet will hate you. ... Don't worry, in LA it's almost kosher to wear flip-flops with formal wear as long as you're sporting a decent pedicure, so don't worry if flip-flops are your walking around shoe of choice.

2. You'll want to bring a light jacket/sweater/blazer/wrap/whatever for the evenings. It can get cool at night and the clubs are indoor/outdoor.

3. When you pack, remember that one of our nights is bowling so don't bring just cute little club dresses. None of us want to see your cooch when you roll the ball. :lol:

Um ... it's my bedtime, but I'll be sure to share more pearls of wisdom when I've got the itinerary in front of me and I'm not falling asleep.

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Thanks for the tips, MrsG! :) They are appreciated. So the itinerary is all ready and finalized? :D

Bowling? I dunno how to booooowl. (Or rather, the last time I bowled, swinging the ball almost made me fall flat on my ass. :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.