You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Orison, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

Ooh, I suck at bowling! *is excited* :D Who wants to be on my team?!?! :D :D :D

Hehe. :lol: Well, I had the money in savings and had to empty it to pay for the trip. :lol: I had to use some of it for something else, though, so I just closed the whole shebang out today rather than having to go back. *is lazy* :p

But don't pity me, there's no better use for monies than visiting near-strangers you met on the internet. ;) :p :D

2. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's awesome.

As for the itinerary, we're almost there. Just waiting to hear back on whether we're on the guest list for one of the clubs.

Bowling ... um, I've bowled once -- with my Girl Scout Troop. :lol: Trust me when I tell you that no one wants to be on my team. The lure of the place we're bowling isn't so much that it was picked for the bowling, but rather because it's a trendy Hollywood hot spot in a convenient location. Some of you may even be able to walk to dinner and bowling from your hotel. On Friday night both dinner and bowling are in the same shopping/entertainment complex and we've got a bit of a time gap between the two to allow for prime tourist activity. The place is located next to the Chinese theater and on the Walk of Fame.

As soon as I hear back on the club, I'll post the final itinerary. That'll probably happen by Monday.

3. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I've never bowled in my entire life so you guys are probably going to have a good laugh if and when I decide to try it! :lol:

I also have to agree with Fay here, there's nothing better than spending a year's $$ to travel and meet other fangirls! :D I've been doing this for the last five years and am totally looking forward to this year's experience.

Also uh, flip-flops? Awesome! Those are definitely my walking-around shoe of choice. :D

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

I'm joining the chorus of people who suck at bowling. I haven't played since I was a nanny (more than 7 years ago) and I was pretty bad at it back then!

5. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

I'm gettin so excited! I totally can't wait!
    As for cloths, I only have one cute little dress, and it's not for clubbing so much as a night out, or maybe shopping. And as for shoes, high heels are my shopping shoe of choice, just not the ones I bought yesterday as they have decided they hate me.

6. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Does winning lowest score at a benefit for big brothers and big sisters count as sucky at bowling? Because if so, then I am pretty sucky! :lol: All I am saying is that watching me attempt to bowl is quite entertaining.

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, gee, I guess we already have one team of sucky bowlers right har! :lol: :p

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I have not bowled since 1987 and I was fairly good then but I'm sure I suck at it now. :p At least none of us will have high expectations. :D

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Wow, we're all going to suck! Maybe we can compete for the lowest score. :lol:

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Let's just hope nobody gets a ball with holes that are too small and ends up travelling down the lane with it. :lol:

Or that somebody has butterfingers and slings the ball behind them, forcing the rest of us to duck for cover.

Wow, this is going to be interesting. :lol: I get the feeling that the gutters are going to be getting a lot of love that night. :p (Unless we opt for bumper bowling, of course. :lol:)

ETA: By the way, this is post 999 in here--are we opening another thread or just keeping the same one going? :)

11. MrsGiovinazzo

My esteemed co-mod and I already discussed this one. The first post in the new trip thread will be the finalized itinerary. That'll make it easy so that no one needs to dig for it. Sadly, it looks like our numbers may have scared one of the clubs so I'll need to call and beg on Monday to see if there's any way they can accommodate us. I'll get on that as soon as they have any sort of manager available on Monday and then start the new thread. I guess until then, we can let this one go a little past 1000.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Fay, I hope you know that now that you've said it, both of those things will happen. I thought of another thing I used to do when I bowled. I don't guess I ever throw the ball hard enough because by the time it gets to the pins, they just fall over instead of flying through the air.

Sounds like bowling is gonna be lots of fun. :p

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Hmmm, is it a good idea to post the finalized itinerary in public? :eek: The only people who actually need to know it are those who are attending the meet, so ... I dunno. Just not interested in any crazies wanting to crash the party or stalk us. :p

14. MrsGiovinazzo

^ That's a very good point. Perhaps circulating the final itinerary by email would be best. I've been gathering email addresses to send out a contact sheet anyway and ultimately a super detailed itinerary with addresses, parking info, meeting spots, etc. We can do the basic itinerary by email instead of posting.

I need email addresses for these people: Faylinn, Midnight_tiptoes, JKladis, Camelot and JustFriends. Sooooo, if your name is on this list, can you please PM me your email address and cell phone # as well? Thanks. :D

As for the club that denied our guest list request, I'm going to call a manager tomorrow and if that doesn't work, then Top and I will try making two separate reservations so the party appears smaller. If that still doesn't work, the next plan might be to ditch our existing dinner reservation and go with a club that doubles as a restaurant earlier in the evening so we're already inside once they start doing the lines and guest lists ... don't fret though, if we have to go that route there are actually a few very cool clubs that work that way -- Republic, Sky Bar, Key Club, the list goes on. Hard to get into as clubs, but guaranteed if you just ate dinner there.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I don't think it's a good idea for the finalized list to be posted. We've already had **cough**a problem**cough**. I think email is great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.