You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

Thanks for the good advice Top. :) The post was kind of creepy when I first read it, but I honestly didn't take it seriously.

As for the pictures, bring it on! :lol: My husband is a pretty good photographer, so I'm sure he would be happy to take the group shots if needed, although I would warn you he is a perfectionist (meaning very slow). :p

Thanks for that post, Top. That is creepy! Whether the person was serious or not, it's still a good reminder about not making anything too public. When it gets down to the nitty-gritty details as far as addresses and when/where to meet, I'll do up a very detailed itinerary that will not be posted, but rather distributed via PM or email only to those who are coming on the trip.

Also, to second Top, anyone who doesn't want their pic posted on the board will certainly have their wishes respected.

Freaky Freaky Freaky... but like it was already said - we'll be in a big group, and as far as I know, there will be no field trips down the dark alleys of Los Angeles... :)

Well, I've read that post too. All I have to say is, it totally reeks of false bravado. It's just a cry for attention. I won't go into too much detail of the fandom wank, but really, guys, don't worry. :) That person can't even face up to people online. There's no way it'll happen in real life.

(But should that stupidity ever come to pass, I'll be sure to don my Demonia spiked boots and my brass knuckles for good measure. Been meaning to try them out. :devil:)

All fear Kimmy, the group protector! :D
Top, thanks for the words of caution, not just for the trip but for all posting, we should remember that there are creeps out there, and a few of them might be reading here. Not that I think any of you are freaks, but people do browse anonamously, and they don't need our personal info. Can't wait to see y'all!

Aww...this looks so fun! I wish I could go :(, but I doubt my mom would trust me, and I doubt I could afford it. I hope it's fun! :) Maybe someday...

I know pretty_in_pink, I pretty much had to beg and plead to be allowed to go. That and get my grades up ^_^
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Lookaboomerang is officially (finally) really coming! I just bought my ticket 5 minutes ago. I'm so excited! :D

^ :lol: It's about time woman that you bought that ticket! YAY!!!!! You have a non refundable ticket- so now you have to go to LA!!!!! :D I am excited too!! I can't believe that it is almost here!

:lol: I know. I got a gentle kick in the ass yesterday, so I just did it last night. I couldn't match your arrival time, it was impossible for me to do. Even with me leaving at 6:50 in the morning, the earliest I could get there was 1:25, so that's the one I got.

Sweet!!!! :D :D :D I'm glad it's official now. :D

1:25 is actually good--it avoids both the morning and afternoon rush hours. I know a street route to the airport (well, my GPS Henrietta does :p ) that I'll give to MrsG so that traffic shouldn't be an issue. And then she'll have to admit just how awesome Henrietta is. :p

Also, that will give you plenty of time to freshen up before dinner.

Less than two months!!!!!! :D :D :D

lookaboomerang said:
:lol: I know. I got a gentle kick in the ass yesterday, so I just did it last night. I couldn't match your arrival time, it was impossible for me to do. Even with me leaving at 6:50 in the morning, the earliest I could get there was 1:25, so that's the one I got.

there was probably no way you could anyway, seeing the distance that I have to travel is less than yours. My biggest issue is the short layover time I have- I hope I make my last flight to LA~ :lol:

But, that is an awesome arrival time- it still gives you time to play and even take a nap before most of the stuff begins anyway! :D

And then she'll have to admit just how awesome Henrietta is.
Ah, but I doubt she will. From what I gather she's pretty close to stomping on Henrietta :D
Less then 2 months! So excited!

Oh, my poor Henrietta! :( She'd better not! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back