You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

I wonder how long it would take Henrietta to recalculate her location when I toss her ass out the window?

ha... love it!! Makes me want to see you try it and just see what happens...just for the sake of experimenting.

I love Henrietta... lol... she can get a tad bit annoying, but I was a dumba$$ when I first moved to LA, and never got a GPS, and wow, I wish I did... Mapquest sucks a$$...so I learned my way around the Valley and parts of LA and San Diego, by getting lost.... :)

For anyone who is a bit nervous about driving in LA, I'll ditto what Top said a few posts back, its not as scary as people make it out to be. The one awesome thing about it, is that there are major streets that run for miles and usually can take you almost (in some cases all) the way to where you want to go... ie: Ventura Blvd.

CSINYRULZ said:
I wonder how long it would take Henrietta to recalculate her location when I toss her ass out the window?

ha... love it!! Makes me want to see you try it and just see what happens...just for the sake of experimenting.
I'm sure Henrietta would be just fine surviving on her own in the wild of some roadside gutter. She is after all just a mindless piece of metal. It's Top that I would fear for. I imagine her reaction would be something akin to Flack learning that Danny and Lindsay joined the Mile High Club on their flight back from Montana.

For anyone who is a bit nervous about driving in LA, I'll ditto what Top said a few posts back, its not as scary as people make it out to be. The one awesome thing about it, is that there are major streets that run for miles and usually can take you almost (in some cases all) the way to where you want to go... ie: Ventura Blvd.
I third that. There's nothing to fear from driving in LA. The traffic is too bad for anything resembling speed or recklessness. Just watch for the idiots on their cell phones ... which is literally every driver on the road. But other than potentially making a tlittle rip to Burbank for a show taping or studio tour, it's unlikely we'll have any activities that require freeway driving. Everything we'd be interested in is pretty centrally located.

I am getting ready to leave on my first of two vacations :p in two days and we got a GPS system that we are using. I am pumped to use it. And I second whoever said that Mapquest sucks- it does.

Sorry I haven't been around, real life is a bit out of control now and won't really calm down until mid to late June, early July I am afraid. I will be around, but not until my thesis, grant work, papers, etc have at least some substantial work done on them.

I guess I'm fourthing this baby. Stick to the main drags and you'll find your way back where you need to go. I'm sure there will be more than enough LA-centric drivers for group activities though. Should be no worries there. :)

I'm all for B&N, but I'm also on board for the independent bookstores. Those small bookstores have supported families for decades. I guess I'm a little nostalgic today. :rolleyes:

Those small bookstores have supported families for decades. I guess I'm a little nostalgic today.
*coughcough*you're having an old-lady moment, you mean*coughcough*

*flees before PE whacks me with her cane* :p

^^ Bite me Fay :lol:. I just don't like to see small independent shops swallowed up and forced out of business by huge retail chains :(. A certain charm is lost every time that happens. Of course, with the large chains you can't really argue with the lower prices.

Bite me Fay :lol:.
Nope, you'd probably taste like dusty old beef jerky. *bleargh!* :p

I know what you mean about the stores, though. You can't argue with the lower prices or the availability at a larger store, but...I love going to little used bookstores. ;) It's much more fun to find something good there than to go straight to the labeled shelf in a store and get the book you were looking for. :p

Is there a Borders? They always seem to have good sales going on. And the one near us isn't a big ol store like B&N and I'm sure they'd have the book you're looking for.

Honestly, I'm seriously looking forward to getting away from my family for a little while! by that point my mom's gonna be in super pace mode (she's getting married at the end of July) and a break will be wonderful. Shopping is always a plus on my list and I can't wait to see the sight. Any chance of a beach outing? :D I like the beach, but I don't think there are any in Calgary. *sigh* Anyways. I've got a picture of CSI_trainee and I can post at any time. Peace!

Yeah, theres a borders out in Woodland Hills, and I know of one along Ventura Blvd too.

I'm all for the beach too.

YAY! for the beach. I'm totally up for it too. :D

I will not let some of you travel thousands of miles just to sit in a bookstore. Come on, guys, it's California.

Is everyone staying at the same hotel? That might make things much easier.

^Can we buy books and bring them to the beach?

Most folks will probably be staying in the Best Western in Hollywood (Hollywood and Highland I think?). Those with bigger pocketbooks might be staying elsewhere. :lol:

So it's sounding like the must-dos are: the beach, shopping, hiking, and a studio tour. With about three full days, that will probably be enough for the daytime activities (I'm figuring we could combine the hiking and shopping--the former in the morning, the latter in the afternoon).

MrsGiovinazzo said:
I'm sure Henrietta would be just fine surviving on her own in the wild of some roadside gutter. She is after all just a mindless piece of metal. It's Top that I would fear for. I imagine her reaction would be something akin to Flack learning that Danny and Lindsay joined the Mile High Club on their flight back from Montana.

Leave my Henrietta alllllllllllooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnneeee!!!! :p :p :p :p If anything ever happened to Henrietta, I would go on a rampage, something akin to the one Flack will go to when Lame Brain and Scrunch Face get back from Montana. :lol: Flack, I'm with you man.

midnight_tiptoes said:
I will not let some of you travel thousands of miles just to sit in a bookstore. Come on, guys, it's California.

Okay, okay, you have a point there. ;)

Btw, is anyone considering a longer stay? As in, more than the three-day weekend? My friend and I are going to be there for at least a week so it would be cool is someone else joined the fun...

I would stay longer if I had a hotel buddy or 2. So, if you want someone staying with you and your friend let me know and I will buddy up with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back