William/Grissom: Of CSI & Beyond #14

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 21, 2009.

1. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Me too. I bet he can't half smoulder in a tango... :devil:

In answer to your question, Crim, when we chatted to Dennis (get me name dropping! lol!) the only reason they Americanised it was because of the speech patterns in some of the phrasing towards the end of the play. In my version of the script, the UK original one, she calls after him, then blackout. It would almost make Una a stalker if she followed him, in my opinion. That she wanted more than answers.

You're right, I think leaving her on stage with a slow blackout was very effective. I guess the alternative is down to direction. A quick blackout with her hand on the door compared to a slower one with her just standing there, shell shocked. They carry different messages and intentions.

Until it's confirmed Billy is back in CSI, I'll see it to believe it. I love a bit of Grissom (some bits more than others! :devil:) but the showrunners are toying with us. They know he'll be back for an episode or two. And it will all be kept quiet. Just in time to make the network and the show runners lots of lovely money when the sweeps arrive. It's a business. Nothing more. Nothing less.

So, in the meantime, I'm with Adzix. Unshrug your shoulders and stand tall! This thread is about all things Billy. CSI or films or stage. And discuss them all, we shall.:)

And Gilsgal - fabulous summary of Billy's deliciousness! Glad you get the Captain Von Trapp thing. Series 5 Nesting Dolls beard with a high collared Naval uniform... GROAN!!! He likes a theatrical challenge... :lol::lol::lol:

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I didn't mean to make you name drop! Sorry! LOL Although I'm glad that got cleared up with Dennis ;) Does ANYONE know how the crap to say his last name? Billy says it flawlessly but I can't do it...and he calls him "Dr." So cute.

Anyhow, I think you're right regarding the stalker opinion...or it would seem as if Una still hadn't given up, which I think she clearly had at the end...she knew she wasn't getting answers and he wasn't going to keep her around, which leads to my rather dramatic idea (spurred on by several other people, it was their idea first, and has since become mine) that Una commits suicide. *sigh* That was deep....heehee
    However, I believe Ray likely had other victims, even after that little girl, and I also don't think he probably ever did any more prison time. I think his scheme of 'I'm dating the mom' guise got him through and he slept with their daughters, maybe occasionally faking it with a grown woman....Am I getting too graphic here? Sorry...I think Ray was okay with his life, I think his acts ate away at him (mostly with Una), but I think overall it's something he was stuck in, and probably rather enjoyed it....What ya'll think?

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I loved Grissom in "Grave Danger", the two hr. the fnale in S/5. Quentin Tarnatino brought out the highest accolades of the actors. Amazing. When Grissom so worried and distraught looking for Nick, worried to death, and then found him and put his hand of the coffin he was buried in and said "Hang on Poncho" riveting:wtf: Probably the best epsidoe ever, for all the cast members. I thought this would get an Emmy for best ensemble, but it didn't:confused:

4. britfan

britfan Pathologist

That I can answer. It's pronounced Zah-check. He told us how to say it, was suprised when we said we knew it was Slavic, Czech to be precise and then he explained it meant 'little student' in English. Ta dar!

He was defo The Daddy!! Billy's behaviour changed to impeccable from slightly bored when Dennis told him to expand his answers!!

Dunno about the rest of your post. Hadn't really thought about it!

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I didn't said you can quit talking about Billy's broadway. BTW, How did he do in the broadway? I hasn't heard anything about it, It's good or what?

Carol and Naren are not going to talk about Billy's return, they kept it quiet. I will said he will be back after Christmas or Feb. Sweep or May Sweep. I know he won't be in Nov. sweep.

How about we talking about Billy's movie? Your favorite Billy's movie, I like the movie that I can't think of the name of it. I like Skull and I didn't know that was him and I didn't like his too much gray hair, I like his hair is salt and pepper. The movie is about the boy played by Mark Wahlberg obessed with this girl and he controlled her and he killed her friend. What is it? That's was the best thriller.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

NicknGrissom sweetie, he was in Chicago at the theater there, for the play, but he probably or might do it on Broadway eventually, who knows, and we've all discussed his movies till the cows came home. The one I think your talking about was "FEAR" there's some photos on the pic. thread if you care to see them:thumbsup: We just watched 'BIG MIDDLE' he's so caring and sweet to the 'large gals' didn't even make them feel uncomfortable:eek: So fuuny and the "wink" to Regina, and Greggie getting squashed by the robotic doll:lol: Geez, I miss him on this show, calling Grissom, come back soon:shifty:so do you have a favorite CSI with Grissom and Nick? which one?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  7. Criminologist86

o_Ooooooo!!! Finally I can say it...now that it doesn't really matter ;p LOL
    That's SO CUTE about Billy behaving when Dennis ruled the roost...LOL I think I remember someone said that Dennis had to ask him to expand his answers...He was probably tired & ready to get out of there and go home and take a nap...silly man.

GrissomnNicky: I was trying to say that he was NOT technically on Broadway...Broadway's in NYC and it's all musical stage stuff. Billy was in a play. The play was phenomenal as I have been saying for ages, and you can read more about it in Fan Reviews at www.billypetersen.com (WPAP).

8. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

Honestly Crim, it was SOOOO adorable. He had a bit of cold too. And was tired. But yeah, Dennis told him to expand his answers for everyone. Billy also kept repeating his answers to a little old lady who was on the front row who had trouble hearing. *swoon!!* I suppose Dennis is his acting mentor as he took his workshop in the late 70's, so he'll basically do whatever Dennis tells him to do! :lol: You can tell they hve that kind of mentor-student relationship. sigh...........:p

Oh, i'm 29 (unfortunately - uff!!) Crim. To be able to get a warrant, you just have to be an authorised officer, authorised to enforce particular pieces of legislation. There isn't a min or maximum age in this country.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  9. Criminologist86

God are you SERIOUS!? I thought you were at least my age!! (23) God....
    I bet it was ADORABLE :) I know another woman (who sat right next to the old lady) who was at that very discussion/play and she said Billy knew the woman from a loooong time ago, and she knew him/he knew her :) Cute cute story :)
    That's yet another wonderful thing about Billy; he takes care of everyone...He's just a purely gentlemen kind of a guy and it's so sweet :) I really really hope to meet him next year.....*sigh*

Your job sounds amazing :p Do they pay ya'll a lot to do that? Do you have to wear a godawful uniform? LOL I'm excited to get my CJ degree and be a CSI...OH. YES.

10. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Billy was very lovely with the older lady. He kept making sure she could hear the answers everyone was giving. Bless!

Naughty, naughty, Crim!! Broadway does have musical theatre but it also does Drama too. Steppenwolf did something there last year, and a friend of a friend won a Tony Award for directing a play on there this year. I think he was nominated twice in the same category! And don't forget Blackbird premiered their. I think Jeff Daniels played Ray. Not sure. I get mixed up with the Jeff's! PLG will put me right if it's not him.

That's what I'm holding out for now, Crim. Billy on Broadway... Not been to NY for a couple of years now. Oh, to see Billy there!!

11. Criminologist86

Ok, I bow to the greatness & higher knowledge :) :thumbsup::lol:
    Sorry, I don't claim to be an expert ;P
    I spent this morning checking out apartments in Chicago...I want to move there & be near VG so I can go to shows...I'm really drawn to that part of Chicago, like I feel so at home there...And I want to be able to take my kids (when I have them) to VG and let them experience the phenomenal Chicago theater..It's something I truly wish I had been introduced to sooner, if at all, in my life. I'm not an artsy fartsy 'well rounded' person, but I do want my kids to be part of the Chicago-an feel/unity thing...just that bond that they all have, I want my kids to have that.

*steps off soapbox*

Anyhoo, I'm hoping to get some more Manhunter in tonight :) I'm gonna wear that poor DVD out! It's about 12ish in LA right now (I think)....bet he's going to lunch? :)

12. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

hey guys - Billy has been nominated for a Jeff Award for his role as Ray in Blackbird!! (As has Mattie Hawkinson). These awards celebrate excellence in Chicago theatre. Well done Billy!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm so glad about this. You can tell how much he loves being in the theatre. That it's where he belongs. So to see him get the recognition he deserves is fantastic.

http://www.jeffawards.org/Nominees/index.cfm

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  13. Criminologist86

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE*

CONGRATS, BILLY!! Oh my God that's freaking amazing....I'm SO excited! He certainly deserves recognition!
    CONGRATS Mattie on a much deserved nom as well!

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Oh, man that is awesome news!! GO BILLY!!! I'm sure that means a lot coming from the theatre, which obviously is his passion. No doubt he deserves it and hopefully he'll win. It's nice to finally see him getting the recognition he deserves and in what he loves doing the most. Congrats Billy! You're the man!:thumbsup:

15. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Get in!! That's just brilliant!! He doesn't get nominated for Grissom (booooo to the Emmys!) but gets a gorgeous nomination for 'Blackbird.' Proves what a strong stage actor he is. ;) So chuffed that Mattie Hawkinson was nominated too. They were so good together. Reacting and counter acting. Well done to them both.

What about our Dennis? He deserves a nod too. some stunning direction to build tension and keep us guessing and on our toes.

Just checked PLG's link. No nomination for Dennis Zacek!! Let's start a campaign right now! VOTE ZACEK! lol!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009