William/Grissom: Of CSI & Beyond #14

Smokey

Nickaholic
Hello and welcome to thread number 14! This thread is dedicated to William Petersen and Gil Grissom. Please feel free to talk about the Actor/Character, his work on the show, and like the title says, his career beyond the show.

Due To Board Clean Up the Links to: Pages 1 - 12 do not work. Thread #13

Please remember both sides of an opinion is allowed, it's how you handle it that matters.
Please remember the rule regarding Ship Discussions.

Have fun posting! :)

Congratulations on a NEW thread, ya'll!!!
I'm not thrilled with the new name, but I'm excited we're posting on #14!!!
I'm going to watch Manhunter in celebration ;p

Congrats on the new thread guys! :D :thumbsup:

I'm hoping to see a bit more of Grissom when I go to CSI: The Experience here in Dublin :D Hopefully Steph aka Adorable_Crazy will be able to come with me! I'm really looking forward to it!

Thank's Smokey & Destiny YIPEE,
weehee.gif
classsy title, so beffitting of him, and so appropriate
jb.png
and we're going to watch "JACKPOT":thumbsup:

post-8-1085568871.gif

Last edited:
YEAH! New Billy/Grissom thread!!!!

Whooo hooo!!!

OOO Jackpot, got to go watch that one. A classic Grissom episode. :D

Congrats on the new thread, as to the name, told you we word play but we wanted a compromise as well. Going though all the good suggestions helped alot in doing this, so give yourselves a hand for helping with this. :)

We watched "What's Been Eating Gilbert Grissom" tonight on SPIKE, and when him and Brass were interogating that freak-show serial killer. Billy [as Grissom] knows the camera is on him, and his delivery of the dialogue, so perfect and precise. His expressions, lowering his eyes, prusing his lips, he's mesmorizing:p

I'm not thrilled with the new name

You said it, Crim. :(:(:( Not thrilled with the new thread name either. It's the dullest on the board.

Congrats on the new thread, as to the name, told you we word play but we wanted a compromise as well. Going though all the good suggestions helped alot in doing this, so give yourselves a hand for helping with this. :)

Can't give myself a hand for this one, I'm afraid.

Compared with 'Szmokin' Hot' and 'More than a Pretty Face,' 'Eye Candy' and 'Texas Charm;' this doesn't do it for me... Sorry. Where's the alluring at his sexiness in the title? Uff.:censored::brickwall:

Last edited:
:brickwall:I agree. Dull, dull dull. Oh, and dull. And boring. No fun in the title whatsoever. The other people on other threads obivously have a bit of fun on their threads. This title suggests we don't.

Like BF said, where's the mention of his sexiness? I want to talk about his gorgeous fuzzy legs and his broad shoulders. His sexiness is as big a part of why i lke him as his talent. Its as if we shouldn't be bringing attention to his sexiness cos he's a bit older than others in the csi cast. Oh joy!! :brickwall:

Last edited:
No one said you all couldn't talk about alot of the stuff, a title is just that, the content is what makes it a thread. :)

Wow, a new thread!!! Congrats to us :)
I have to agree that the name is a little dull...oh well. :rolleyes:

Christine and I are watching "The Beast" tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing younger Billy with his beard. :drool:

My sister's boyfriend, who got the movie for me, laughed at me for buying it. He said he and his friends rent it when they want to have a "bad" movie night. I told him anything that had Billy in it couldn't be bad and he just doesn't appreciate the total Billy package the way we all do...lol!!! :lol::devil:

"The Beast " is kinda of a cheap version of "JAWS", but he's great and darling, the worst archaic movie he'd done so out dated is 'TLADILA' my son-in-law said "it's the worst movie he's ever seen". Billy is good but the movie:( and in 'Manhunter' he squelches his natural charm, way to serious, almost not like him at all. These two movies are not every ones favorite. For those who like them.. to each his own. And I think the new TITLE is stylish and elegant, like the man himself, it says it all:thumbsup: and thank's again Destiny and Smokey for choosing it, I like it, classy:p

Last edited:
Ya know, I gotta beg to differ on that. No, TLADILA and Manhunter aren't the greatest movies ever made, but they're both favorites of mine as far as all the movies he's done. I mean, you gotta give the guy credit, LA was his first major film and his first time doing anything like that. All he'd basically ever known was the stage. I think he held his own rather nicely. He made you believe that he was Richard Chance...and it's the same way with Manhunter. That's the thing about him, no matter what kind of character he plays, he becomes that character for a little while. I've always thought Manhunter was underrated, especially with the other 2-3 Lector movies that have came out. I just don't think it ever got enough credit. I mean, if it wasn't for that one, you wouldn't have the others. Plus, I think it holds it's own quite well against the other films. Of course, I could be kind of biased considering Billy's the lead role.:lol: But, I understand, we all have our differences and one's favorite may not be the other's and that's fine.:thumbsup: Personally, Long Gone tops them all for me, but again, I won't get started on that.:p

I totally agree with you,Bestie. And just because it's not someone's personal favorite or Top 10 List movie(s), doesn't mean it's not someone else's. I personally ADORE both films, especially "Manhunter" and think they're both gems in Billy's film career. No need to diss them...He worked hard on each one and deserves a lot of credit for them...To me, dissing the movies is dissing Billy. Period.And, isn't it a teeny bit disrespectful to call a movie Billy is in 'cheap'? Doesn't that kinda say he's a 'cheap' actor? Just thought I'd throw that out htere.....
For me, "Manhunter" is a great movie and Billy is PHENOMENAL as Will Graham, and his charm is nowhere near distinguished. His passion & emotions are very evident.

Billy was still just starting out, in a way, in "Manhunter" and so of course his acting skills weren't entirely honed yet..Still, I would be slightly offended if someone said my first 'big' movie sucked....

Last edited:
I probably am not as versed in his work as many of you are. However, of the things I've seen (CSI, Manhunter, TLADILA, and parts of Gunshy), I think it's VERY safe to say that his acting skills really came out later in his career. He just keeps getting better!

Back