William/Grissom: Of CSI & Beyond #14

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's great on his nomination congratulations Billy:thumbsup: and good luck, but still can't wait to see you back on CSI, 9 years, it's in you're blood~

In issue #4 of The Official CSI Magazine we asked the fans to take part in our inaugural CSI: MAGAZINE AWARDS, and the votes simply flooded in. druim roll please. [these are the exact words from the magazine, [as of yet S/9 best ep. aren't in yet~]

BEST SEASON ONE EPISODE
    WINNER: Sex, Lies and Larvae Most shows take time to bed in, as a result, the 1st seasons are usually patchy affairs. Not so with CSI's freshman year, which literally changed the face of television. The superb "Sex, Lies & Larvae", in which Grissom and Sara discover a bug-riddled body in the desert and have to determine the time of death [Sara becomes a vegetarian, thanks to the resulting experiment-which is pretty darn gross] it takes pole position here~

2nd place "Unfriendly Skies"
    3rd "Blood Drops"

BEST SEASON TWO EPISODE
    WINNER: ""The Hunger Artist"
    Season finales are something CSI writers excel in, so it's no surprise to see "The Hunger Artist" topping this particular poll. Notable for being the episode where we discover Grissom is losing his hearing, this brutal installment sees the CSI's investigating the death of a model who's been savagely disfigured~

2nd "Scuba Doobie Doo"
    3rd "Primum Non Nocere"

BEST SEASON THREE EPISODE
    WINNER: "Play with Fire"
    Grissom, Sara, Catherine and Greg all get delicious character moments in this enthralling episode, best remembered for the crime lab explosion that nearly killed Greg. For the record, Grissom calling Sara "honey" wasn't in the script-William Petersen improvised the moment;)

2nd "Lady Heathers Box"
    3rd "Blood Lust"

More later:thumbsup:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  2. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

Too right!!!! and yeah, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the emmys. how the hell he din't get on this year (or any other year) just baffles me!!! :confused:
    i think this nom proves that the stage is truly where he is at home!

<------- sorry about this icon & location.... Billy will be back again... i'm gutted that my fave band, whom I've loved & followed since I was 15, have split up today)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  3. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

PLG: You're definitely right- it's amazing that he got nominated SO SOON after coming back to theater! I LOVE IT! I hope BOTH get their awards & it solidifies Billy's confidence in his decision to come back home to the stage. CONGRATS, BILLY :)

Also, I feel an overwhelming need to mention that I got the ENTIRE Season 4 Boxed Set for *drumroll* $8.00 today...Video store going out of business & the chick had kinda saved the CSI ones for me :) I'm EXCITED.

Anyhoo, does anyone have any certain plans of going to Endagme next year??

4. Desertwind

I personally have never heard of the "jeffawards":confused: but have heard of the Emmys, TV Guide Awards, Peoples Choice Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and the Screen Actors Guild. They are prestigious, and CSI has won for "best ensemble", and Billy has been nominated for these awards as well. I wish him well, and if this will be in his honor and make him happy, then it's all good:bolian:

TV GUIDE AWARDS

WP AWARD NOMINATIONS

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  5. britfan

britfan Pathologist

The Jeff Awards sound hilarious! Could be worse. Could be called The Colins or The Keiths! They are theatre awards, not TV awards.

Still say, Vote Zacek!

6. Desertwind

Carrying on with the S/8 best "episodes" from the CSI MAGAZINE here's some more for ya' all~

BEST: SEASON FOUR EPISODE
    WINNER "Butterflied"

Offering a glimpse into the normally guarded Grissom's psyche, "Butterflied" sees the veteran CSI, questioning his choices in life when he investigates the murder of a woman who bears a striking resemblance to Sara. His touching monologue in the closing scene is simply heartbreaking~ INDEED

2nd: "Invisible Evidence"
    3rd: "Fur and Loathing"

BEST: SEASON FIVE EPISODE
    WINNER "Grave Danger" pts. 1 & 2

With Quentin Tarantino at the helm, the CSI season five finale was always going to be something special, and so it proved with George Eads giving a humdinger of a performance as the buried alive Nick. "It was only supposed to be a one-hour show" revealed William Petersen in the 1st issue of this very magazine, "but Quentin was having such a great time doing this, that we turned it into a two hours, and we're glad we did it"

2nd "Nesting Dolls"
    3rd "Committed"

BEST: SEASON SIX EPISODE
    WINNER: "Way To Go"

From Jim Brass being gunned down in slow motion, to Sara emerging from Grissom's bathroom in a satin robe, it's not difficult to understand why "Way To Go" is so popular with CSI fans. What an episode, what a great final scene~

2nd "Rashomama"
    3rd "Gum Drops"

7. Criminologist86

YES! We need a VOTE ZACEK campaign!! I'm in....shall we picket somewhere? LOL *goes and grabs sign* Let's gooooo! :)
    I'm excited, and I really hope they both get their awards...they certainly deserve them. :thumbsup:

Yeah, the Jeff Awards are a bit strange, but I think the title certainly has a certain ring to it...I like it. <3

8. Desertwind

Who's ZACEK? Is he a CSI person, or a play figure? if so, why would other fans on this board want to vote for him, unless they had some interest in this? And on voting for him, I have no idea who this is, so I don't vote for someone I have no knowledge of:confused:

[​IMG]

9. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Dennis Zacek directed 'Blackbird'. Some of us just felt that he deserved a nod too for doing such a fine job at directing Billy, Mattie, and just the play in general. I'm sure it was a job in itself just to direct Billy.:lol: Just kidding. Billy seems to have a lot of respect for Dennis so that makes him ok in my book.:thumbsup:

10. Desertwind

AHH, so that's great, but talking about Billy and his amazing performance is one thing, but the director and his co-star, are entirley another thing. Some us don't know, and aren't particulary interested in that aspect of "Blackbird", nor them. I'm sure there are places to vote for him those that want to, but not here~What's next the stage hands the lighting guys the grips. If you fans want to vote for this director go for it, but once again keeping the format to his play & HIM, would be greatly appreciated.. thank's:bolian:

11. Criminologist86

Yeah, AND Billy took a class or something with Dennis in the 70's (who mentioned that?? Someone did...I can't remember who) and so he's definitely a mentor/teacher for/to Billy, so in that way he certainly would love to have him be honored.
    PLUS, Dennis DID direct that play, I mean the actors are certainly a HUGE part of it, but freaking A, Dennis really needs to be recognized as well :) I'm sure if they do acceptance speeches for the Jeff Awards, both Billy (god bless that beautiful man) & Mattie (love ya too) will mention him :)
    I have tons of respect for Dennis...God he's a freaking genius!!

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ that's interesting to hear. i knew Dennis Zacek was Billy's mentor and they knew each other for decades but it's cool to know so many of you were in awe of his directing in Blackbird.

btw, Jeff Awards come from the name of Joseph Jefferson.

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well that sounds like a nice thing to do wanting him to recieve something for his work/s, and from the looks of it he has done alot of works. feel free to discuss his direction and connection with William here.
    But if you want to do a full campaign here are a few suggestions you can start a site like a website, use twitter/facebook/LJ to spread the word to, start a petition, etc, then post a link here about where people could get involved. Also if the mods allow it you could put something in the "General Tv & media" and attract others who might not come in this forum but love the director. Good luck if you do this. :)

14. Criminologist86

D: That's a really good idea :) Maybe we'll join forces & get that going....Dennis definitely deserves it :)
    Are you wondering if we can put a word in on the General TV/Media forum on these boards? I'll have to find out....that's a brilliant idea ;p

As for Billy, I hope he's enjoying his vacay from theater ;) I'm EXCITED for 'Endgame' next year!!

15. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Adzix, thanks for the info on the award and I am in awe of Zacek's direction of 'Blackbird'. I'm sure it was a huge task to take on a subject matter like that and have it come off the way it did. I thought he did a good job. I'm sure he made it easier for Billy because they've done this before. At times, it probably got pretty exhausting for Billy and having someone you've worked with before, there's a comfortable vibe there that makes it a little less stressful.

Billy on vacation....who wants to come along?:devil::lol: