Who is Dr. Jekyll? *SPOILERS*

We're seeing a lot of killers in the show but someone we've trusted for a long time makes the conclusion of the story more chilling.

Exactly!

As a full-on-in-love-with-Greg-fan, I too both like and strongly dislike the thought of him being Dr. Jeckyl. The thought that it could be him has been in my brain for many months, and I just can't shake it.
I thought it odd in Appendicament that Greg used very specific medical terminology to describe the vic with the racoon on his face and it really bothered me that Greg was not present at the bowling alley until immediately after the 'raise a glass to the CSI family' moment in Lover's Lanes.
I just watched the extended preview of Irradiator and made this cap. I know it is super blurry, but it does sort of look like Greg to me.

Oh yeah, that does look like him.

I will reiterate: Just because the person in the clip has on a doctor mask does NOT repeat NOT mean that its Jekyll.

CM said it is NOT a CSI. But that it's someone viewers know who has been in more than one episode. It could be a cop, a lab tech or a ME/assistant... or just a random recurring guest star. To me the fact that she said NOT A CSI means that it's someone in lab, just not a CSI.

How many episodes was that shrink on? Maybe it's her. :lol: What was her name? Patricia Alwick or something? Shrinks have to know some medical stuff, so it could possibly be her. :)

Just because Greg's a genius does not necessarily mean that he'd know how to perform complicated surgeries like the ones Jekyll has done. And I don't find it unreasonable that someone like Greg would know some medical jargon. A lot of CSIs use medical jargon. That doesn't mean anything. I know some medical terminology too (not a lot, but some). I never went to medical school... but my aunt was a nurse. So, I've picked things up here and there. Like Greg once said, "I'm like a sponge. I absorb information". So it's completely reasonable that Greg's just been around Doc Robbins/SuperDave enough to just absorb the terminology that he used in Appendicitement (though I honestly do not remember him using any, so it must not have seemed odd to me). It's like if someone who is American has a friend who is British/Austrailian and uses the phrase "bloody hell" a lot, then the person who is American will sometimes start saying the phrase out of the blue because of having been around their friend so much and hearing it so much (or even just seeing it in IM/email conversations). Yes, that happened to me. I say "bloody hell" all of the time now (because I had an internet friend or two who used the phrase often). :lol:

And even if that were Greg in the mask (which it most likely isn't), it could be as simple as someone on the team being hurt and in the hospital and sometimes they make vistors wear those mask to prevent infection to the patient of outside pathogens (see, I know medical jargon lol). It could be that person waking up and they're seeing blurry and in weird colors because of medication. Once when my grandmother was in the hospital, due to the medication she was on, she thought she was outside and that the sky was purple. The celing color was white!

WOW> GNRF Hannah, I never thought of her, good theory, why not? and she would have the intelligence to disguise the show size. The split personailty describes Hannah to a tee:eek:

We did hear rumors of Hannah's possible return, so that's why I'm thinking it could be her.

It could be that the cap is Greg but not supposed to be Jekyll...kind of fooling us like they did with Catherine and Vartann's kiss. ;)

So true, Smokey. That person in the picture is not necessarily Jekyll just because they're wearing a doctor mask! CSIs have worn those while working in the lab before... on those shows about real CSIs, they've shown them wearing them. It could just be an experiment that they're doing. They did apparently have them in the lab, remember that time that Greg had one on and had painted it with markers? Perhaps that clip is a flashback to then. Maybe something that Greg was doing at that particular time will flash in his head as some kind of way to prove who the killer is. Cause while it does look like Greg's old hairstyle, it looks NOTHING like his CURRENT one. :lol: And like Grissom said, "never assume". :) I still don't think it looks that much like Greg though.

Actually, I kept thinking that the person reminded me of some other actor (aside from Henry), but I couldn't figure out who it was. Now I remember! The person reminds me of Jason Behr (who played Max on Roswell). He had ears that kind of stuck out too.

I'm trying not to let it get to me, but seriously this is all making my stomach hurt literally (all the talk of it being Greg). It's depressing. :lol: It would mean the end of my watching this show if they did that. :(

Last edited:
Personally if they made Greg, Dr. Jekyll, the show will have officially Jumped the Shark for me.

And GNRF, I thought of Jason Behr too when I saw the ears. :lol:

Although it would be a huge shock that Dr. Jekyll is Greg. It's not though.

My guess it's one of Ray's former students. Someone that was close to Haskell and has knowledge of how to pull of these kinds of murders.

My guess it's one of Ray's former students. Someone that was close to Haskell and has knowledge of how to pull of these kinds of murders.

Yeah could be... but were there any of them that appeared in more than one episode? I guess maybe the boyfriend of the girl who was killed in "Mascara"? He would have appeared in Ray's first ep and "Mascara", so that would be more than one episode... so it's possible.

Wait, I thought CM is referring to "the one who cracks the Dr. Jekyll case" who's not a CSI and not Dr. Jekyll himself? Did CM mention a clue who Dr. Jekyll is? I'm not lurking/posting in the main spoiler thread. Just here. :)

Anyway, if Greg is Dr. Jekyll, it would be shocking and very dramatic for the whole CSI team especially Catherine. But if it's not him, it's okay as long as the conclusion would not be lame. I think this time around, the writers are putting a lot of red herrings so, Greg or Ray as Dr. Jekyll are just speculations. They want to blindside or surprise us and that's what I'm excited about!

Random question just curious: during the miniature killer story, who most fans think he/she was? I've been here just last year at the same time I became a CSI fan. That story was great although I find Dr. Jekyll more interesting.

Last edited:
Wait, I thought CM is referring to "the one who cracks the Dr. Jekyll case" who's not a CSI and not Dr. Jekyll himself? Did CM mention a clue who Dr. Jekyll is? I'm not lurking/posting in the main spoiler thread. Just here. :)

Ooh, that's right, she did say it would NOT be a CSI that cracks the case, not that Jekyll isn't a CSI.

Good point, Geeno! So that means it could be Greg.

. Cause while it does look like Greg's old hairstyle, it looks NOTHING like his CURRENT one. And like Grissom said, "never assume". I still don't think it looks that much like Greg though.

I'm going to have to disagree with here, GNRF! The hair styles look exactly the same (extremely close) just fuller. Also, most serial killers are highly intelligent and since Greg is suppose to be too, it is VERY conceivable that he could perform the medical procedures that Jekyll did. After all, serial killers will hone their skills before the start killing.

Here is what was said by CM (bolding mine):

Executive producer Carol Mendelsohn said the Dr Jekyll case will not be solved until the end of season ten, but viewers will get some answers soon. “The audience may see Dr Jekyll before the finale, but not in the context of being Dr Jekyll,” Mendelsohn told TVGuide.com. But who will crack the case? Mendelsohn hints that it won’t be a CSI. “It will be someone that will surprise everyone,” she revealed. “It’s someone we know who has been on the show in more than one episode.”

Last edited:
Again I highly doubt it is Greg. If they did that they would lose even more fans of the show, me being one of them.

You know, all this reminds me of the Miniature Killer when fans thought it was Hodges. I remember in the commentary for "Lab Rats" that Wally commented on that. The writers even made fun of it by making Wendy and Henry kinda suspect Hodges and he replied "When would I have time? I'm always here." :lol:

They could be doing the same thing with this. Seeing the fan speculation and casting doubt with promo shots like the one we saw.

And Greg could always use Hodges' response. "When would I have time? I'm always here... covering for Archie."

As for the Hannah question, I'm doubting that as well.
The MCSK was a woman. According to Grissom, female serial killers are rare, especially ones that mutilate their victims like Dr. Jekyll.

I agree, Hannah is a psychopath, but Dr. Jekyll, I'm going with no.

I had another thought... anyone remember that magician the Zephyr I think his name was? Remember how at the end of the episode he was in the cop car and it showed him with the cuff key in his mouth? So most likely he escaped. Where has he been all of this time? Maybe he's Jekyll. :lol:

Again I highly doubt it is Greg. If they did that they would lose even more fans of the show, me being one of them.

Same here. They can't afford to lose another important original/regular cast member this soon. They just can't. Their ratings are already sinking and have been basically since Warrick's death and Grissom's leaving. Making Greg a serial killer would just be another nail in the coffin. It would be the dumbest move ever by tptb... and while I don't always agree with things they do, I seriously do not think they're that stupid.

Furthermore, CM said "the audience MAY see Dr Jekyll before the finale". That right there should indicate that it's not any of the CSIs. If it were a CSI, she would have said WILL SEE because aside from Sara, the others are in every episode, so we'd definitely see them. May means may or may not. It doesn't mean will definitely.

Moving on...

As for the Hannah question, I'm doubting that as well.
The MCSK was a woman. According to Grissom, female serial killers are rare, especially ones that mutilate their victims like Dr. Jekyll.

I agree, Hannah is a psychopath, but Dr. Jekyll, I'm going with no.

Well, that's true. I was just suggesting it because there were rumors that she was returning for an ep. It's probably not her though. Since Ray seems to be the primary CSI in this case, I'm still thinking its most likely someone connected to his past or as mentioned before, one of his former students.... possibly a doctor he works with at the hospital he volunteers at.

Maybe its Ecklie. :lol:

Last edited:
Good point, Geeno! So that means it could be Greg.

Thank you speedystokesgirl!

Honestly, I don't want any major characters to go. CSI is just beginning to recover from the past seasons' unfortunate events and another loss is just too much. But if it's the Eric's decision to leave well, we can't do anything about it.

I want the CSI Family to be together for more seasons.

For the one who cracks the Dr. Jekyll case, I want it to be Grissom. This season's theme is family but it's really up to WP if he wants to return in at least one episode.

Last edited:
For the one who cracks the Dr. Jekyll case, I want it to be Grissom. This season's theme is family but it's really up to WP if he wants to return in at least one episode.

Mmmm...probably not according to this from the Spoiler thread:

Looks like we won't be seeing Grissom this season...

Question: What are you hearing about the possibility of a Grissom cameo on CSI before the end of the season? —Dale
Ausiello:
I’m hearing it’s logistically impossible, since William Petersen is currently in Chicago headlining Endgame at the Steppenwolf Theatre.
From Ausiello.

I am surprised by how many people think it's Raymond. In the promo we saw the man in the mask who may or may not be the killer (I think he is) wrack Raymond over the head with what appears to be a piece of wood. I can tell one thing poor Raymond will have one big headache in the morning. As far as who is Dr. Jekyll. I have no clue. I think everyone had some really good ideas, so i guess we have to wait and see.:thumbsup:

I don't think it's Ray. I think it's someone connected to his past (a relative, student, etc) or his volunteer work at that hospital. But, I do think that Jekyll is possibly an actual doctor ... or at least a med student.

Back