Who is Dr. Jekyll? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This thread is to discuss your thoughts and theories on just who this season's serial killer, dubbed "Dr. Jekyll" by Ray, might be. Since the spoiler label in in the thread title, spoiler tags will not be needed. :)

To start off...as seen in Episode 2, "Ghost Town", the killer so far has gift wrapped the insides of one victim without any signs of cutting into the body. Ray later makes the connection that the killer has taken the victim's bow tie as a souvenir while tying his intestines into a bow tie. Although this was done post mortem, Ray fears that the next victim might not be so lucky.

Discuss! :)

And thanks to NicksFriend for the thread idea!

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Ray: "What's the angriest you've ever been?"

Nick: "Mad enough to kill somebody, couldn't do it. what about you?"

Ray: "High threshold, short fuse."

James Langston:Father
    Raymond Langston: son

Monoamine oxidase A deficiency: linked to violent behavior. Both Ray and his father had low levels. Wendy saw his reaction to the information. Will this be something later that she will connect to...Ray's behavior?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It does seem like they're trying to make us think that. Unless Ray has a brother and his brother is actually going to be the killer. :lol:

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

That would be kinda unexpected and you know the writers are going to try toss us a curve ball that we won't see coming until the actually episode when they reveal it. As for theories don't really have any as of yet I'm waiting for more episodes myself before I come up with any ideas.

5. GregNickRyanFan

I just thought of something. The killer has to have medical knowledge... and wasn't there something about there being a new assitant in the coroner's office? Maybe that person will turn out to be Jekyll.

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

Hey that would work! :thumbsup: The guys has to be really good though to be able to tie somebody's insides like that. I think they mentioned something about the guy taking the bow and then tying the victims insides together was suppose to mean something, don't know if it is going to be something really significant latter on or not.

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I like this theory! It might provide some awesome character development for Doc and SuperDave. It would be better than Ray or a mysterious family member of Ray's. That would be too "Dexter" in my opinion.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Ray might be interesting, but unless he's leaving the show, I don't see it happening. But Ray couldn't do the bow thing when he tried, so wouldn't that put him out of the running unless he's got multiple personality disorder and isn't aware of the killer personality...

The brother thing would be kind of cheesy, but could work. Though we know it can't be Ray's father because most likely his father would be too old.

9. Nicksfriend

He couldn't do it on a pig...but he was interrupted by Catherine. His contract is up this year...one never knows...maybe it was the plan all along.

Right now I am making no presumptions...I think Ray definitely has two sides to his personality though, one is mild and caring and the other is a tad bit angry...and Ray is concerned for some reason too. Otherwise he wouldn't have taken the swab from the metal. He wouldn't have run the test.

I like how Nick is making no assumptions though, he is just listening and watching his CSI level 11.

10. Smokey

I don't think Ray would have MPD, but a split personality...yes. It's funny how he started calling the killer, Dr. Jekyll, since the story of Jekyll and Hyde concerns a man with a split personality. There was nothing yet to indicate that this killer might have a split personality, yet he made that leap.

I think that had to do with his father and him. I think his father did more than "fight in the Korean war" and get into bar fights later. And Ray wanting the kid last week to "Show me how much you're NOT like your father"...I think that's what he's trying to do now...prove that he's not like his father. But maybe he is.

And, since he only signed through this year, they very well might be looking to this as his send off. Time will tell. ;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  11. GregNickRyanFan

I think it would be interesting for sure and something they've never really done before.

12. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

After watching this episode I also had a suspicion that Ray could be the killer. But then...would that be too obvious?

Time will tell!

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I honestly don't believe it's Ray. Even if this were the final season of the show, I don't think they would make a character who TPTB have been trying so hard to get us to like into a killer. Any future viewings of Seasons 9 and 10 would be jaded further.

If it is someone from the lab, like GNRF suggested, then it should be a rarely seen tech or coroner.

And I hope it's not another Miniature Killer. I enjoyed the MK cases, but disliked it when it got personal. I don't think every serial killer should target CSIs. Makes it less interesting. Millander was awesome, MK was okay, any more would be overkill. Which is why I liked the Dick and Jane Killer and the Bluepaint Killer, they were creepy but didn't go after any CSIs.

14. Nicksfriend

Got a question...Ray wrote a book about his partner...an angel of death killer. He placed that same reference to describe himself, an angel of death, when he went to the hospital to collect evidence on the guy driving the car. I need to watch that scene again but I think it has some significance to his persona. Why did Ray lose his job as a doctor?

I think Nick will soon ask these same questions.

Again he probably has nothing to do with the Dr J/Mr Hyde guy, and we have to remember the man with the bow tied intestines died of a coronary, not necessarily from his surgery....post mortem reconstruction possibly.

Just thinking out loud.

15. Smokey

Ah...except it backfired and a lot of people simply don't like Ray and won't, whether it's because he's not Grissom or because he's taking over where our favorite characters should be. So to please us, perhaps they would make him a killer. :D

I agree on the Miniature Killer storyline. It was great until we got the...resolution? Didn't like that one bit. Contrived, in my opinion.