Unhappy Lindsay Fans over Kristine Huntley reviews harsh words.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ilovedanny2, May 9, 2008.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Man, I am always late to the wanky fun. :p :lol:

Like I've said in the grading thread for 4x19, TalkCSI is a discussion board where all opinions are welcome, regardless of what ship you like or don't like, what you character you like or not, etc. It's a discussion board. In order to have discussion, especially good, thought-provoking ones, there has to be a variety of opinions. Who the hell wants to visit a board where everyone's a clone of each other and just repeats the same damn thing like a broken tape recorder? Only cowards who know their viewpoints will break under the slightest pressure, that's who.

Not only that, do you know BORING the board would be if that was the case?

And like I also said in the grading thread, we never delete posts or ban people for saying differing opinions. Completely defeats the purpose of a discussion board. If you don't like the reviews, that's not the board's problem or your ship's problem or other members' problem, that's your problem. Coming up and making a thread like this that is such a blatant trolling attempt just makes you look really, really foolish, and unfortunately, by indirect implication, the ship that you support. Good thing people here actually know better than to judge an entire group of people based on just one troll!

Whu? This is news to me. Awards for what? :lol:

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  2. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ahh i missed the cbs.com board troll. Not too surprised to see that type of post come from there, all the teenie bop shippers have chased any intelligent csi fan long time ago. I was told by the GSR fans on the vegas one to stop posting because i was 'bashing' their ship, and only they were allowed to post.

Although i am losing interest in the new york board, since every topic ends up a bitchfest about Linds, and there really isn't any point debating that since people will hate her anyways. Either that or about Danny, who i don't have that much interest in discussing either, especially with the size of the posts :lol: I am a lazy poster, what can i say. But whatever, its the popular discussion for the series, I try to avoid those ugly topics and of course the review will be biased, they all are. Who gives a shit if you agree with them or not? Its just a review on a fansite, some fans are so delusional, they have to hear everything sunshine and lollipops, otherwise they freak out.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh yeah--every single thread turns into a "bitchfest", like the threads for the other characters, the picture threads, the threads with specific topics like the one about KRAD's novel, the one about Gerrard's actions in "Admissions"...

Yes, discussions might involve Lindsay and--heaven forbid--people say what they don't like about her, but what's with the generalization that it's "every topic"? In episode threads--all of the characters are relevant, including Lindsay (for better or worse). In discussions about romance--all of the characters are relevant, including Lindsay. In the spoiler thread--all of the characters are relevant, including Lindsay. In the threads opened specifically to do with topics about Lindsay or Danny and Lindsay or whatever--she is relevant in those as well.

Would the board automatically be better if "every topic" ended up being about how great Lindsay is and how much Danny sucked? No. You can't please everybody.

*takes off ranty-pants* It gets tiring when people ('people' in the general sense of the word) say that all anybody talks about in this forum is how great Danny is and how much Lindsay blows chunks. That conversation is there, but there's other stuff if people (again, in the general sense, lest someone gets offended) don't want to take part.

4. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

I didn't comment until now because I'm only watching CSINY irregularly and only post in the ep. discussions, so I'm kind of an outsider in this discussion.

I just wanted to add that I love the fact that even though this thread was meant to stir up a mutiny, all it did was make people show their support for the strange concept this forum runs on: differing opinions :wtf::lol:

5. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Wow. Just Wow.

I know that some of the Lindsay fans, and some of the D/L ship fans had some issues with maturity and guard the ship rather....er.....jealously, but I never expected this. To exhort people to lash out at an admin....then not back their reasons up is just.....asking for trouble. Or totally insane.

Also, Kudos to Top41 for letting the whole thread evolve. I don't know any other site where someone would post something so incendiary and downright trollish towards the mods/admins and not immediately have it deleted and get banninated.

Honestly, I don't have any problems with Kristine's reviews. I don't always agree with them, but I accept that they're her opinion about Lindsay the character and Anna the actress.

See, I actually liked Lindsay when she first appeared back in Season 2. I liked her eagerness, I liked the little experiments she did with evidence, I even liked that she didn't back down in interrogations. I also liked the banter between her and Danny. It was friendly and slightly flirtacious but not over the top. Something I could see real co-workers doing.

Then came Season 3 and the beginning of the ship between her and Danny, or the "Ship Of Doom." Somehow, she became less and less likeable. She started seeming whiney, petulant, and very uneven. The whole Hot and cold thing towards Danny was very irksome.

This has continued into Season 4. The whole monologue in "Right Next Door," the scene in "Like Water for Murder where she's quoting Jaws with him one minute, then walking away the next, then when she rebuffs Danny in the Lab. Those all had me wanting to pull my hair out. She comes across as hypocritical, especially the talking about Danny pushing her away, when that's all she did in Season 3. See, not so nice when it happens to you, is it?

The end result of this is that I have no attachment to Lindsay's character whatsoever. If she got into the Taxicab Killer's cab and was washed up on Coney Island, I would not shed a tear. (Metaphorically speaking).

Personally, I think they need to take it back to the Season 2 level. Let her try to interact with others more. Hell, let her interact with Danny on a friendly level, like co-workers. I'd like to see her explore more of her relationships with others, like Hawkes, Stella, Sid and Flack. Right now she's just a one or two dimensional character at best, who only seems to exist to be Danny's love interest/foil.

BTW, if any of this is OT or in the wrong thread, please feel free to delete or move. Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, just trying to have honest, intelligent debate.

6. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Ok it is getting a bit heated in here :eek: but like others, I just wanted to add my two penneth for what it is worth.

I am a fan of Lindsay and of the Danny/Lindsay ship so there are sometimes comments in Kristine's reviews that I disagree with. However, that said, I appreciate that not every one sees things in the same way so I skip over these parts (sorry Kristine ;)). But it interesting to read different view points and like many have posted, you don't have to read reviews if you don't want to so I do not see what the issue is. There is Lindsay thread for discussion if you want to post an alternaive opinion.

This board would be a very dull place if everyone agreed about everything and the detailed debates that occur in some threads reflect people's love of the CSI Franchise. Granted some of the discussions scare the bejesus (sp?) out of me :lol: because you guys can debate with the best of them!!! But i love the intensity of the debates and it is a great place to post. I can highly recommend the DL thread :lol:

And I am just sorry that Lindsay/Danny & Lindsay fandom is being reflected in this way :rolleyes:

7. scoj

scoj CSI Level One

bloody hell it has been a while since i posted on here. this thread really is dragging people out of the woodwork. i still drop in to get info on the shows from time to time and to read the reviews and caught sight of this thread.

i am an anna/lindsay fan, and i do ship danny and lindsay, in fact lindsay was one of the reasons i started watching csi ny (first season wasnt my cup of tea but we wont get into that;)) there is also 2 reasons why i left this board, the first being that i just didnt have time to post anymore due to work and family, and when i did find time to post again i did feel that if you were a fan of lindsay you had one thread to actually be able to put your views into where you could say you liked her, but then people who didnt like her were going into that same thread and saying why they didnt like her, albeit more nicely than they were in the lindsay hate thread.
    everyone is entitled to their opinion though so this didnt bother me too much, however while reading over some posts in the lindsay hate thread i discovered some brave soul had gone in to say why they liked lindsay, pretty much in the same way that people who didnt had gone into the other thread. however this pro lindsay person was pretty much yelled at and told to go away and that her views werent welcome in a very childish we can come play in your thread but you cant play in ours way. i also saw how immature and nasty some of the posts were that had gone from attacking the character, which is fair game, to attacking the anna, as a person not an actress. so i chose to leave, my choice, i could have stayed and posted my opinions. after all this is a board full of them, and yes on this board i do believe that a majority hold the same opinion and that others may not feel welcome, but as with myself this is our fault for not giving our opinions.

thats exactly what these reviews are, opinions. and yes i may not always agree with them, but its always good to get other peoples perspectives. it does sometimes feel like lindsay is the only one being attacked in them but maybe thats because thats what i focus on, if you dont like reading them then dont. in the same way i feel like they are biased towards danny being amazing all the time, but i like danny as a character so that doesnt bother me, its all about opinions and everyones is different, i prefer the atomosphere at another board so i go there to post now, my choice.

and if we do give our opinions please lord dont do it in the childish way this thread was started, you make us sound like morons. think your opinions and arguments through and then post them.

8. kinehelene

kinehelene Hit and Run

what strange is that the topic startet is gone.
    I think that when she saw that the tread backfierd at her she backed out...

I agree that every one has a right to an a opinion.
    Good as the bad.. but going on a personal attack at the person who writes the reviews is just tragick

If u dont like it just move on...

And sorry for the bad English. after a looong day sitting on a train.
    im kinda tierd..

9. PalmettoHunna

PalmettoHunna Hit and Run

Okay I am going to put in my two cents...

First, Anna Belknap is a big girl with big girl underwear she is in the wrong line of work if she never wants to be criticized. In other words I think she can handle a little criticism from a reviewer. You don't need to jump to her aid like Flack when Danny's get hit on by a diner waitress.

Second, everyone is entitled to their own opinion it's a free world, and in case you are under the impression that everyone is suppose to agree on everything...well you are in for a rude awakening.

Last but certainly not least I enjoy Kristine's reviews even if I may not agree with everything she says....but hey I'm human. A little constructive criticism never hurt anyone, but you are just being down right nasty. She does not have to change the way she word's anything, because she has a right to her own opinion.

Just to be a bitch I am gonna throw this last bit in for fun. More than a few of you are so hard on Kristine seem to be the same kind of people who stopped watching CSI: NY because Danny stuck his penis in something other than Lindsay...really? You can continue to live in the land of cupcakes, butterflies, and rainbows where if you demand people to bow down to your will it is going to happen. The rest of us will gladly live in the real world and will be to busy trying to figure out why gas is four dollars a gallon to pay you any attention.

10. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Just for the record, I am a fan of Danny and Lindsay, more of a fan of Lindsay and I understand that Kristine is giving her opinion. I enjoy her views on everything but what she says about Lindsay. So what do I do about it? I ignore it and let her and the anti-Lindsay fans talk about it. That is their right and I am not going to stop them. They know that not everyone agrees with them and they are well aware that there are plenty of Lindsay fans to support the character as well as the actress. It is not like each side wants to drag each other away from the so-called "dark side"

I did not stop watching the show just because Danny cheated on Lindsay. That is a stupid childish thing to do and I hope that is not a reason to stop watching the show. The show is so much more than just the relationship between these two and I am well aware of it.

I just want to say I have my opinion, others have their own opinions, and as long as we are respectful of that, there shouldn't be any problem. I have had some very interesting conversations with anti-Lindsay fans and enjoy giving them my viewpoints. :)

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ohhh God. I came back to read my post which I made while a little Tipsy last night and I started from the beginning with iloveddanny2's first comment and when I got to my post I was honestly in tears! Not because someones offended me by putting their views across but because I thought some of the comments were truely hilarious especially...

That was definatly my fave by far :lol: Next time I want to put my point across i'll resort to using the 'I know im wrong' word :guffaw:

Personally I've never ever been apart of a board before Talk and when I signed up I was a bit apprehensive but I cant imagine being part of somewhere where everyone writes the same.....I mean even in specific threads people agree and disagree!

I dont want to sound harsh myself but the thread's starter shouldnt think that their point is the only one that counts...It's really pathetic. Like some =one else has said I dont think i've seen someything this offensive to one person since I joined!

Finally, Im a DL fan- always have been and always will be and I love Kris' reviews, read them every week and comment on them- well only if I can be arsed :lol:. I talk to people who aren't DL fans and that never turns into some thing like this- although I have to admit that this is fun :guffaw:

Although the title of the thread is 'Unhappy....' I'm leaving it feeling extremly happy but i'll be back to see if ilovedanny2 returns will an almighty comback:guffaw:

EDIT: I just thought...seeing as the thread starter seemed to be from the boards at cbs do you actually think they knew that Kris is an Administrator hereor even a mod of this section?!? If not I bet that was a suprise :lol:

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  12. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

More than a few of you? Really? While I agree that there are some fans out there who fit your description I actually think most people who've posted here don't agree with the actions of the one person who started this thread whatever their views on Lindsay.

I think it's great (as someone else said) that this thread was started to cause some sort of mutiny but has actually resulted in bringing Lindsay fans/non-fans out in defence of the right to an opinion and free speech.

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I missed that post^^^^ I'm really tierd so i'll keep it short.

Nat like DL/Nat sort of loved this storyline/Nat dont hate Danny/Danny...:devil:/Nat like Kris' reviews/Nat DONT like people being nasty to each other/Nat going bed in a min :D

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

If there's one thing that has been made very clear, it's that the topic starter is not representative of Lindsay/DL fans, at least not on this site. There's a reason TalkCSI is such a great site, and I think this thread proves that. A willingness to listen to and respect each other's opinions is what makes the posters here so great. That, and you guys are eloquent and grammatically correct (the English major in me loves that :D ).

Exactly. You guys rock. :D

15. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

Hi guys...I normally don't post here but I come in to look around almost everyday.The number of times I actually post I could probally count on all the fingers on 1 hand, but I figured I would add my 2 cents.

First of all,I like the reviews.I always look forward to them and become a little upset when they are not up on the board within 2 days after the episode airs. Do I always agree with Kristine's insight of an episode? No,but I like the fact that someone else may see something in an episode the same as me or see something in a totally different light. We all have different opinions.

My only complaint is that sometimes it seems that the only thing people are talking about is D/L or Lindsey in general. I personally think D/L is a disaster and a distaction from an otherwise really great show.I've evolved alittle when it comes to Anna.I still think her acting isn't great and I cringe everytime she comes on screen,but that 90% better than what I would have said about her acting 1-2 years ago. I just wish that we could start getting excited about other characters on the show more often,like Adam,Hawkes,Stella,Flack or even Sid. If a person didnt watch CSI:NY and came in here just to look around,they would think it was the Lindsey/Danny show.

Despite that,this is a great board with great people! Kristine,your reviews rock! Keep doing what you're doing