Unhappy Lindsay Fans over Kristine Huntley reviews harsh words.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ilovedanny2, May 9, 2008.

1. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

This thread is for those who are upset and discusted over the harsh and mean words she decribes Lindsay/Anna as in her reviews. This is for fans of Lindsay and Danny together to lash out over how she treats Lindsay.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

You do of course realise that the synopsis and analysis are two separate elements of the review? If you don't agree with Kristine's own interpretation and analysis of the characters then you could a) not read the review b) simply read the synopsis or c) add your own comments to the review post in the news section praising the D/L relationship if you so wish, in a reasonable and mature manner. You are rightly entitled to your own opinion, just because someone else's opinion differs from your own does not mean that it is OK for them to be bashed in a thread such as this.

Strangely enough, I don't think that a thread in the NY forum asking people to 'lash out' at Kristine is going to be popular or around very long. :rolleyes:

3. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

People from the main CSI NY message board are up in arms over the rude words towards Lindsay/Anna in the main review.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^ETA: Is there a thread over there you're referencing? I'm always happy to read other opinions. I assume you're referring to CBS.com.

*waves*

I'm always very interested in hearing thoughtful counter-arguments to anything I've written in my reviews. Generally that would happen in the review threads themselves, but this thread is fine for overall arguments if you've got them.

Have at it. ;)

5. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Yeah, sorry but no. You pretty much know what Kristine's reviews are like now, so if it bothers you, why read them in the first place?

I appreciate that you are entitled to your opinion, but I just think this is petty. Write your own reviews to your own taste if it bothers you that much instead of wanking about what someone else is doing wrong.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I think she is biased. It does bother me that she attacks Anna in every review. I think she is a good actress and she doesn't give her any credit for that because she doesn't like her character on the show.
    It's honestly a little immature on her part.

7. Top41

There's a difference between rudeness and critique. I'm evaluating Anna's professional work, and analyzing Lindsay as a character. I've found both lacking, and just as I would when reviewing a book or movie or anything else, I don't hesitate to point that out. It's my job. ;)

8. Top41

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion that Anna is a great actress. I don't see how not agreeing with that is "immature."

It is true that I don't like the character of Lindsay for myriad reasons that I've point out in my reviews. I find Anna uneven--sometimes she's fine or even good, and I've pointed it out when I've thought so. Sometimes she's unconvincing, and I've pointed that out, too.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I also have to disagree with the original poster. Kristine's review's are always spot on and depict Lindsay perfectly. There hasn't been a time where Kristine hasn't analyzed Lindsay's annoying performances or Anna's horrible portrayance of her character. I enjoy reading her reviews. I don't see what the problem is. :eek:

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I don't really get this thread everyone is bound to have a different opinion its life but aiming it at a person is taking it a step far.

I like the reviews cos there honest and I like lindsay as a character I just know people have differences in opinions and is nice to see

You should know by now that here is more diverse on opinions than most. And most message boards I vist aren't as open and are pretty much cloud nine kind of places where everyone loves the same thing and while its nice its also nice to have differences of opinions.

11. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

OMG I agree with you LpoHeartsNick!! I mean geesh at least say something nice about Lindsay/Anna. If I were Anna and I read some of the stuff that woman writes about me......sure I would feel hurt and discouraged.

Anna is a great actress and I adore her as Lindsay Monroe on CSI NY. Aiden was ok but Aiden had a toughness about her that she could tame Danny. Lindsay stepped up to the plate and tamed Danny. Sure they have had a bump thanks to Rikki but they are picking up the pieces and getting back on track.

She needs to start saying nice things about Lindsay/Anna. I don't appriciate her down beating Anna with her rudeness.

12. privatename

privatename Rookie

She is a reviewer and reviews are necessarily from one person's perspective -- the reviewer's. So, if she doesn't think Anna is a good actress and doesn't like the character of Lindsay, why do you think you have a right to demand that she say nice things? And, it isn't rudeness to state your opinion in a respectful manner which I think Kristine does. Seems to me that she gives clear criticisms of both the chracter and the actor. And I have also seen her say positive things about Anna and Lindsay as well. It just so happens that more often she finds flaws in both. I happen to agree with her most of the time. If I found myself getting so emotionally upset about something someone was saying about a fictional character and and actor that I didn't know, I would probably stop reading the reviews.

If you have a problem, don't read the reviews or respond to them in the thread relating to the review. To open a thread with the express purpose of "lashing" out at another person is very immature and quite rude.

From reading what you wrote it sounds like you like Lindsay because she "stepped up the plate and tamed Danny." Did I read that right?

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I didn't realize he needed taming.

But why should she say things that she doesn't mean? That's not a rhetorical question, either. I'd prefer honesty in a review than politeness. That's not what a review is about.

14. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

Ok well so you don't get this thread but a lot of people from the main cbs.com message board were in talks of boycotting this site due to the fact that Kristine can never say anything nice about Lindsay/Anna and I mean they are pissed off there. I created this Topic for them cause no one cares to listen to their complaints that they have sent in regards to the rudeness to Lindsay/Anna.

Lindsay/Anna in my own opinion is a smart, talented, beautiful, funny actress. She jumped into that roll and became liked by everyone....even Sid. She and Danny are meant for each other and she's a hell of a lot through when it comes to the evidence and she knows what's she's doing.......why do you think Mac hired her.

I am sick of reading her reviews with the harsh words that if I were Anna would lash out about what was said.

15. Top41

You should do your research:

Cool Hunter review

Run Silent, Run Deep review

Not What It Looks Like review

When Anna does a good job, I don't hesitate to point it out.

I fail to see how that proves or disproves Anna is a good actress, or that Lindsay is a good character. I wasn't aware Danny was an animal in need of taming. :lol:

And I don't appreciate the silly, bad fanfic nature of many of your posts, but to each their own. ;)