Unhappy Lindsay Fans over Kristine Huntley reviews harsh words.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ilovedanny2, May 9, 2008.

1. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

For your info i like Lindsay cause she is smarter, prettier and very cool and she belongs on the show as Lindsay Monroe. She belongs with Danny and Mac hired her cause she knows what to look for with the evidence.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't want a board war started--that's silliness and if that's your intention, you can go back to CBS.com and stay there. You are more than welcome to discuss my reviews, but I don't want to see you stirring up trouble between two boards. That behavior will get you banned from this board.

Again, I'm still not seeing any argument beyond "she and Danny are meant to be!" It's great that you think that, but that has little relevance to critiquing her character or Anna's performance.

"She knows what she's doing"--how is this an argument as to whether she's a good character, or whether Anna's a good actress? :confused: All the characters know what they're doing--they're written that way.

If you are sick of reading the reviews, stop reading them. ;) It's as simple as that.

I do find it interesting that you aren't replying to me, which furthers my suspicion that you really aren't here for debate, but to stir up trouble. That I'm not going to tolerate.

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I will jump aboard next to the people who believe that aiming one person for not having the same likes as you is far beyond rude.

I've always found Kristine's reviews to be very accurate, and most of the time I agree with them. There have been times when I saw somethings in a different light, and sometimes those things were about Lindsay. Kristine has appreciated and applauded (in a lack of a better word) the good performances on more than one occasion.

She doesn't need to start saying nice things about Anna/Lindsay when there's no reason for that.

I tried to contain myself from saying something about the CBS message board, but my self control gods are sleeping right now. That board needs control. It's more than chaotic out there and I will not even start to talk about the fact that people who don't like D/L are banned. I will stop right here before I lose it.

4. Top41

I don't even know what to say anymore. :lol: I think you should probably stick to a board that doesn't involve debate.

5. ilovedanny2

ilovedanny2 Hit and Run

Whatever

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

OK. I cannot stay out, I tried to but sorry. ilovedanny2 I think you should lose the attitude and start watching your words. If you're acting like a 2 year old you will only be laughed at. She is smarter than who? Prettier than who? I didn't know that Mac needed someone to guide him in the right place when he looks for the evidence.

7. privatename

privatename Rookie

Everything you said here with the exception of the fact that, iirc, it is cannon that Mac hired her because she is supposedly very thorough, is opinion and as such is debatable and everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think the writers write the character to be smart as they wrote all of the characters on this show, but the actress often comes across as too smug for me. I don't happen to think she is pretty and I don't even know what you mean by "very cool."

Excellent debating technique.

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  8. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

If I were Anna and reading the stuff on here, I'd more than likely try to step my game up.

I am generally in agreement with Kristine's reviews and I think she's very fair in how she analyzes the show.

As I've said in another thread on here, Anna doesn't draw me into her performance at all. There's no emotional pull like there is with any of the other characters on the show.

I think it'd be fair to assume that what Kristine points out in her reviews is her own opinion of not only Lindsay's character, but Anna's acting ability as well. But it's just that; HER opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it. Problem solved. If you DO feel compelled to read it, then have the maturity to realize that as a reviewer, she's going to say things that you might not necessarily agree with.
    Take it as you would were you reading a movie review in your local paper. You've probably seen the flick, as has the reviewer, but are you going to lash out at him because you don't agree with his opinion? Probably not.

Excuse me while I die laughing.

For a show that's comprised of a predominantly male cast, I find it really hard to consider her 'prettier' than anyone (with the exception of Stella who, let's face it, is a bombshell compared to Montana). As for being smarter, I totally disagree. If she were smarter, she'd have remembered to put away her evidence. ;)
    I'm not even going to get into the whole 'she belongs to Danny' bit, 'cause that's just silly.
    I'll even agree with you that Mac hired her 'cause she's good at her job, but lately? She's been slipping up, letting her personal feeling get in the way of work and in her field, that just can't happen, because it affects WAY too many people.

Oh and also? I prefer my Danny wild, thank you very much.:lol:

9. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I'm all for healthy debate, but really... :rolleyes:

Top41, I love your reviews. I wouldn't have even come on to this board were it not for your unbiased reviews. It's a shame that some people only read your reviews to tally what you say about Anna Belknap when you assess ALL of the characters of the show. This board is wonderful and the diversity of the posters here is awesome. I love how people can freely discuss episodes and are respectful of the opinions of others. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

I know the original intent of this thread was to 'lash out' at Top41, but trying to 'bully' someone to comply with your feelings is very immature, even moreso when it occurs on a message board. I'm with everyone who suggests maybe you just enjoy the episode and avoid the reviews. Besides, as a Lindsay fan, I'm certain you don't miss an episode, so you don't really need to read reviews. ;)

10. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Congratulations on the high intellect there...and making me laugh the most I have all day.

I really love how D/L can make one place an exclusion zone, but when people who are sick of that shit want somewhere to talk about how they despise it, they can't have that...

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Official record: May 9, 2008 @ 1:11 PM CST "whatever" has been called. :rolleyes:

As to what you've said about Kristine, I have only one reply that I think you will be able to understand:

Kristine is rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off of her and sticks to you.

[​IMG]

Sorry mods. It had to be done. :angel:

ETA: If everyone who posts on CBS.com "boycotting" this board will spare us crap like this then, by all means, boycott your little hearts out.

12. sarramaks

sarramaks Rookie

*delurks for the first time in about two years*
    I'm probably repeating what's been said, but a review is someone's opinion on a programme/album/movie etc. It does not mean it is gospel truth. On these boards we are entitled to have an opinion and express it. If a reviewer is 'made' to write something the review loses its authenticity. I read reviews of movies after I've seen them - if I disagree with what the reviewer says, so what? No one is saying that we have to agree with what Kristine puts in the reviews, they are there to promote discussion and to make people think.
    I have no particular feelings about Anna Belknapp as an actress, or a Lindsay Monroe as a character; my qualms lie with the writers - but that is my opinion.
    The acting industry is a tough one. If Belknapp does read the reviews (and a lot of actors don't read reviews) then she is unlikely to be bothered by them. You cannot be liked by everyone.
    If we could only ever be nice about everything then we would live in world of complete dross.
    If you want to argue the positives for Belknapp's acting skills, and discuss the merits of Lindsay's character, then finer - no one here willl stop you as long as you have solid arguments. "She's pretty" is too opinionated - it doesn't give any strong reasons. Personally, I would munch on Don Flack for breakfast, dinner and tea, and throw Danny into the gutter, but we all have different opinions and are, thankfully, entitled to them.
    Back to my point - Kristine is not being 'rude', she is expressing her opinion. I can say that Russell Brand can't act or style his hair, that's my opinion. If I went up to his face and growled at him, calling him a few choice names, that would be rude.
    I think you should read reviews of a few different shows and see how critics critique.
    *goes back to lurk for another two years*

13. Top41

Thank you, and thanks to everyone in here who's posted in support, whether you agree with my reviews or not. One of the things I love about our site is that we have such a wonderful, diverse range of opinions, and people who debate them so eloquently and effectively. Personally, I love reading all opinions--both ones that agree with mine and ones that don't.

I realize iluvdanny2 has tried to stir up trouble with another board here; let's not sink to that level. And if anyone from CBS.com does come over here, I hope they will respect our rules and our posters.

14. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

ilovedanny2, as much as I love a good debate, you are being really disrespectful. How do you expect people to take you seriously under this terms?

So, now you attack a real person over not liking a fictional character? Over not sharing your opinion about the ( lack of ) talent of an actress? Seriously? :wtf: If you don't agree with Kristine, it's your opinion. Asking people to 'lash out' at Kristine is just rude.

Not sharing your opinion makes someone biased and immature ? :wtf:

So, she needs to start lying? :rolleyes: I for sure won't appreciate that! No one has the right to demand people to say what they want to hear. Right? ... :confused:

True, he lost his balls ever since the writers decided to use Danny to prop her. And I can even express in words how much I miss the season 1 untamed Danny.

I only agree with the funny part. She is funny sometimes. But not deliberately so, it doesn't count.

Then stop! Like Flack said: Stop... just stop! :lol:

For my info ... Smarter than who? Prettier than ... Donald Trump? True. Prettier that most women on the show? Nope. Cool??? :wtf:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:I think we can rest this case. You shall all be assimilated...

I love talkcsi, because it's not "we all share one mind" kind of place and I hope it will never change. Kristine is doing a great job.

15. imaguestage

imaguestage Dead on Arrival

I had to come out of lurker-dom for this one.

I am one of those people who tends to disagree with Kristine's reviews. We see the show from a different perspective and that is fine.

HOWEVER, I would NEVER want to see Kristine change her views/opinions. I would lose a lot of respect for her if she did that. One of the things I admire in her is that even when she is being attacked, she never tries to back pedal to avoid the attacks or to alleviate anyone's butthurt. She states her opinions and stands behind them and you have to respect that.

I also don't want to see her sugarcoat her reviews because they upset certain people. If you don't like the reviews, then don't read them. If you insist on reading them, then remember two things:

A) Lindsay Monroe is a fictional character which means she does not exist and therefore does not have feelings that will be hurt by anything Kristine says.

And...

B) Anna Belknap is a professional actress who has been working in the industry for a very long time. Part of being a professional actress is learning to take harsh criticism. If she is reading these reviews and getting offended then she should look for a different profession.