Unhappy Lindsay Fans over Kristine Huntley reviews harsh words.

Its been said a bajillion times in here already but -

Opinions are like a$$holes, and everyone has one.

I'm a fan of Anna/Lindsay - and people know that. Im aware of the places on this board, or more specifically, the threads that I like to go into because of the topic, and the threads I steer clear of because I dont agree/dislike/have no interest in them.

Kristine critiques, she voices her opinion and thats how it is - I happen to love reading her reviews and even as an Anna/Lindsay fan, they've never bothered me. You dont like her critiques? - smile, nod, and deal. Its honestly not the end of the world.

And, Im sorry - but, if this is going to be a thread about people lashing out on how Kristine "treats" Anna/Lindsay in her reviews - please dont drag Danny into this...please dont. Im so done with seeing, "She belongs with Danny so she needs to stay!!"...no.

Excuse me while I go pick my nose and scratch my head trying to figure out why this thread is in existence.

was I too harsh?

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I write reviews of another show, and even when I HATE a character or actor, I keep my critique professional.

I quit reading the reviews a while ago because they were boring. Even reviews of episodes Lindsay wasn't in seemed to have Lindsay-bashing. Did Anna Belknap push the reviewer's grandma down a flight of stairs or something?

Frankly, the level of venom in the reviews, all directed at only one character, cheapens what is otherwise a fantastic site.

But for Lindsay fans who still read the "reviews," just keep one thing in mind: "Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize those who can."

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize those who can."
You've made all of five posts on this message board, four of which were criticizing Kristine's reviews. :vulcan:

You've made all of five posts on this message board, four of which were criticizing Kristine's reviews. :vulcan:

Speaking as a reviewer myself, I find her reviews unprofessional.

Oh, please. Are we really going to start this? That's really sinking to a low. There's nothing in Kristine's reviews that shows un-professionalism--Kristine analyzes and critiques the episodes just as would Matt Roush would from TV Guide. If there's something wrong with the episode, she'll point it out, just as there is something good. In all the fandoms I 'fandom' into (which includes Criminal Minds, 24, Pushing Daisies, Desperate Housewives, House, etc.) I never see reviews as "professional" as Kristine's.

I'd like to see your reviews. And see how "professional" they are.

Last edited:

Since a review is a critical analysis of something based on one's opinions I don't see how Kristine's reviews are "unprofessional." Critiquing the characters and the actors are a part of the job. If it weren't, they wouldn't be called reviews.

I'm curious to read your reviews. Where can I find them?

I have another question. What are your credentials? Are you a professional journalist?

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I write reviews of another show, and even when I HATE a character or actor, I keep my critique professional.

I would be curious to see where you believe I've been unprofessional. I am critiquing the actors and actresses as professionals--their performances fall under that umbrella.

I quit reading the reviews a while ago because they were boring. Even reviews of episodes Lindsay wasn't in seemed to have Lindsay-bashing.

Only when it's relevant to the episode.

Did Anna Belknap push the reviewer's grandma down a flight of stairs or something?

Not that I know of. :lol:

Frankly, the level of venom in the reviews, all directed at only one character, cheapens what is otherwise a fantastic site.

It's not venom so much as observation. As others have said, it's all opinion.

But for Lindsay fans who still read the "reviews," just keep one thing in mind: "Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize those who can."

Would that apply to you, too, as a fellow reviewer? :lol: I will readily admit to not being an actress...as well as having no desire to be one.

Link please? I'd be curious to read your "professional" reviews.

I would be curious to see where you believe I've been unprofessional. I am critiquing the actors and actresses as professionals--their performances fall under that umbrella.

Maybe unprofessional isn't the best word for it. How about BORING? Ever since Lindsay has been on the show almost every one of your reviews has had something negative to say about her. You don't like her, we get it. We ALL get it. Aboriginal pygmies who have never even seen a white man GET IT. Microscopic airborne bacteria GET IT.

My reviews are published, not posted online. Go ahead, roll your eyes and say "How convenient." I ain't bovvered.

...You think that, because she's already said she doesn't like Lindsay, she should never say it again? Hey, Kristine, you've already said you like Danny, you aren't allowed to mention it again. While you're at it, you keep saying how awesome Sid is--WE GET IT!

:rolleyes:

Maybe unprofessional isn't the best word for it. How about BORING? Ever since Lindsay has been on the show almost every one of your reviews has had something negative to say about her. You don't like her, we get it. We ALL get it. Aboriginal pygmies who have never even seen a white man GET IT. Microscopic airborne bacteria GET IT.

Don't find them boring in any aspect.

My reviews are published, not posted online. Go ahead, roll your eyes and say "How convenient." I ain't bovvered.

You're right, how convenient.

And the fact that you think they are boring is YOUR opinion. Not everyone is going to like everything said about every character. Kristine sees Lindsay in a different light than you do apparently, but it is her review. If she doesn't like Lindsay and doesn't like the way she is being portrayed, its going to be in her review. I've read every single review Kristine has written on CSINY, and there are several episodes (that she pointed out earlier in this thread) that she makes positive comments on Lindsay.

You don't like the reviews. WE GET IT. Those aboriginal pygmies and bacteria get it, too. But thats not stopping you from continuing to post about how much you don't like them, and so it shouldn't stop Kristine from continuing to post her own reviews with her own opinions. If you don't like them, don't read them, the same way you wouldn't read a thread on here that you don't have interest in.

My reviews are published, not posted online. Go ahead, roll your eyes and say "How convenient." I ain't bovvered.[/quote]

Where exactly are they published? If you consider the reviews by Kristine "unprofessional", im curious to see what you deem to be "professional".

FrellingBlonde said:
Maybe unprofessional isn't the best word for it. How about BORING?
:guffaw:Yep, the extreme selective reading theory is kicking in again! Like I said in an earlier post to the thread starter (and anyone else who shares the same wavelength as her), if you don't like her reviews, that's not the board's problem or other members' problem, that's YOUR problem.

You saying her reviews are 'boring' doesn't reflect anything about them, but it sure reflects something about you.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize those who can."
Yeah. Kristine is writing her reviews just fine, while you're here criticizing her for doing what she can. :guffaw:Now that's what I call irony!

Fair enough--but if you're so bored, why keep reading?

Yes, I will say "how convenient" because very few publications today don't have a web component of some kind. I write for a print publication as well--one with a website. So the fact that you don't have a single web link does make me suspicious. It's like claiming you worked for a show and somehow not being in the credits. ;)

Where exactly are they published? If you consider the reviews by Kristine "unprofessional", im curious to see what you deem to be "professional".

I'd be curious to at least know the name of the publication. Surely even if its content is not online, some mention of it would appear.

Just curious, does anyone else find it amusing that there are people reviewing the reviewer? At first I was offended by the reviewer and her words, but I thought about it and now I just find this whole argument funny. I realized that the reviewer is completely entitled to her opinions and I moved on with my life. Shocking I know!

Back