The School Thread : /

A girl ( a student of my school ) was hit by a car during the lunch time today...in front of the school...It was a litlle freaky because I was outside and I saw the whole thing. When you're at school, you don't think a thing like this could happen.The girl's maybe paralized for th rest of her life. Maybe I'm not in the right thread, but the thing happened at school so...

A girl ( a student of my school ) was hit by a car during the lunch time today...in front of the school...It was a litlle freaky because I was outside and I saw the whole thing. When you're at school, you don't think a thing like this could happen.The girl's maybe paralized for th rest of her life. Maybe I'm not in the right thread, but the thing happened at school so...

That so sad. A little boy thats leave near me was hit by a drive and killed. He was ten, and was crossing the street, he pushed his little sister out of that way so she wouldn't get hit either. It was SO sad.

This is my senior year of school. (yay)And since I took chemistry last year, I'm taking Forensics and Human Biology. I want to be a CSI person after college. :D

I feel like the person thats ever done this, but I know its not true.

I was in my Intro to Sociology class for a total of 10 minutes. Long enough to fully read the course outline.

I then wheeled like mad (even before the teacher had started her lecture) and went back here (to residence) and promptly dropped the course.

Can I help it if it scared me to death with the amount of work she expected in a FIRST YEAR course? It had enough stuff that makes even me (a now second year student) get crazy freaked out. I imagine a good chunk of people will either drop out (though not as fast as I) or fail miserably.

So yes, it is perfectly alright to quit a course providing your chance of doing well and maintaining a good GPA (or CGPA) is at risk. Because nobody likes a bad average. :)

Yeah...ya gotta love those intro courses that require you to do SO much work!! I always tried to pick classes outside of my major that were easy to handle, since I was studying physics and math. In fact, I took chemistry my senior year for fun! :lol:

Catherinesmyidol
I just found out that the local college (20 minutes away) is offering classes in Serology, Dactylogy and Anthopology (I am interested in furthering my knowledge in all of those). So I am very excited because I can take them online and am going to do so!

You're so lucky. I found out just days after I'd enrolled at college that another one, not too far away from me, was doing a forensic science course. I was so upset. But my best friend and I are going to complete the courses we're doing now and gonna go back and do the science course. I should get in. I got BB for my Double Science course at GCSE.

ctx :D

OMG! At school today we were at the basketball area and other classes were playing with a dead bee and they jokingly asked a little first grader to eat it for like five cents.. They didn't think he would eat it but he gobbled it down!! All of us were like, :eek: We started to like freak out because we didn't want anything to happen.

Yes, yes, come here to Britain - you'll love it here :D a nice blend of countryside and city :D (hope I'm selling this to you :lol: )

One of my friends wants me to go to Iceland with her next year.....hmmmm...

This morning I read some of my world atlas. I really want to take a vacation to an island. I don't which one, just an island!
Ohhh go to Australia!! Its more of a continent, but technically its an island. My friend and i are backpacking through there this summer, and visiting NZ to see where they shot LOTR. tehehe we are nerds

Im in my first year of uni; im a biology major (yes, when i grow up i wanna be a CSI ;)). my classes are:
- General Chemistry
- Calculus
- GNED
- English 101
- Theology 201
- Communications

*phew* it is a whole buttload of work and i procrastinate too much, and this place is conducive to my procrastination habits. :lol:

:cool: Lizbeth

I went on some thing with a school group I'm in (ECAAD- it's meant to be for the smart hard working people, so I'm not exactly sure why I'm in it), to this old mining town two days ago. It's completely grown over now, there's pretty much nothing there anymore. It was pretty interesting but it involved 3 hours drive each way, and 3 hours tramping through the bush. I was completely exhausted afterwards.

And I'm still procrastinating. Got to have a draft of an English essay done in two days when we go back to school and I haven't finished any background reading I need to do, and all I have is a half hearted attempt at an introduction that I only wrote in class a while ago to look like I had done something. English is my worst subject, I love reading and all but I'm incredibly bad at analysing anything. Especially with the whole cultural aspect we're meant to put on absolutely everything we do.

i friggen hate school (sorry for the language) but if i wanna be a crime scene investigator in miami...i have to go to university and do my criminology course...im in grade 11 now.

And I'm still procrastinating. Got to have a draft of an English essay done in two days when we go back to school and I haven't finished any background reading I need to do, and all I have is a half hearted attempt at an introduction that I only wrote in class a while ago to look like I had done something. English is my worst subject, I love reading and all but I'm incredibly bad at analysing anything. Especially with the whole cultural aspect we're meant to put on absolutely everything we do.

Analyzing, eh? Meeee too. I have to read about a dozen fairy tales for my Children's Literature class for Monday and have yet to make the effort to even really find an unabridged version online. And then we get to analyze them in class! (Yay! *sarcasm*)

Its so much more enjoyable to READ and NOT analyze, because then it takes the fun out of anything. :)

i friggen hate school (sorry for the language) but if i wanna be a crime scene investigator in miami...i have to go to university and do my criminology course...im in grade 11 now.

Woohoo... school! *coughcough-sarcasm* Sorry, I'd kill to still be in highschool/secondary school at times. (And I disliked secondary school immensly). Where abouts are you thinking of going for university?

And even the people that like school hate school. :)

Back