The School Thread : /

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by lilbug, Sep 12, 2005.

1. soph

soph CSI Level One

Well, I'm an 11th grade Australian.
    Classes are:
    English Studies - pretertiary(can't stand my teacher, we never get to do our work in class)
    Maths Methods 4- (easy as)
    Physical Sciences- pretertiary (did physics last semester and are now onto chemistry
    Biology- pretertiary (was incredibly hard at first, but now I really love it)
    Drama Stage 1-4 - (my fun subject, we're doing children's theatre)

I'm on holidays at the moment though. I go back next week, which I am hoping will never come cause I haven't started on the homework I need to get finished.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm in college in Vancouver, BC. I'm working toward a degree in Criminal Justice. I have 3 classes this semester:

Sociology: Introduction to Society Processes and Structures (it's more interesting than it sounds)
    Psychology: Inroduction to Psychology: Areas and Applications (this is my second Psych course. This one deals more with psychological disorders like sociopathy, depression, emotion, schizophrenia, etc)
    Forensic Anthropology: Introduction to Forensic Anthropology.

3. CSIgal

CSIgal Captain

I'm not in school anymore. I graduated from American high school in 2001 but thought I'd post :lol:

I read some of you hate school, I was the same as you when I was still in school but trust me once you get out in the real world, get your own place, have to pay the bills, buy groceries , get a job and support your own family being in school wasn't so bad! There are times I wish I was still in school and living back at home. Life was so much simpler back then that's for sure!

4. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

i too am back in school, doing graduate studies, i hate doing papers, but i still prefer it to a test

5. Guest

Guest Guest

today was my second day and i wore these blue chinese slippers (because they matched well with my shirt) and i slipped in them and fell on the stairs. Thank god it was only my two friends behind me but it was still embarassing and they were still laughing their asses off. And my knee hurts from that. :(

6. csifreakaholic

csifreakaholic Coroner

I'm being a procrastinator. Any ideas how to fix me? :D

7. lambda_T

lambda_T CSI Level One

He he...who ISN'T a procrastinator in some way? Sry...I don't have any ideas at the moment...

8. Guest

Guest Guest

oooo.. im in the 10th grade..ahhh the first year of high school in canada..ahaha :lol:

9. IHeartEric

IHeartEric Coroner

At college I'm doing:

BTEC National Certificate in Business
    AS Level Maths with Statistics.

ctx :D

10. soph

soph CSI Level One

Sorry, I have exactly the same problem. I don't do my homework until the last possible moment, and even then a lot of the time I don't even do it.
    I need to fix myself too.

11. csifreakaholic

csifreakaholic Coroner

Here I am at 7:40 in the morning and should be preparing for my 8:30 class across campus.

No, I'm not a procrastinator :rolleyes: :p

This is so entirely bad if I actually expect to study for my many heavy courses. (Heavy as in a lot of reading and studying, not heavy as in weight :p )

12. GregSandersLover

GregSandersLover Pathologist

Gah here I am at 9PM supposed to be:

-Reading my english novel (Weep Not Child)
    -Doing my chemistry lab report (on the Composition of Copper II Sulfate)
    -Studying for my physics test (on Kinematics)
    -Studying for my japanese test (on this wierd essay by Haruki Murakami)
    -Doing 20 Calculus questions
    -Reading a japanese history document (the one that Truman launched immediately after the atomic bomb was dropped in Hiroshima)
    -Preparing a speech for this presentation that I have to make for this workshop I did over the summer.

All for tomorrow.

And they call me hard-working. Pshhht.

Seriously, how do people get on with school work!?

And btw what courses (High-school) do you ppl take/have you taken?

I'm currently taking: AP Calculus, Pre-AP Physics, Pre-AP Chemistry, Japanese History (in Japanese), English, Japanese... And I'm dying.

xoxo-nimo

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I was that too. Worst was when we had 15min breaks in Upper Secondary School, and I was writing Swedish essay just before Swedish class. LMAO! 150 words and nice handwriting. :lol:

14. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

I just found out that the local college (20 minutes away) is offering classes in Serology, Dactylogy and Anthopology (I am interested in furthering my knowledge in all of those). So I am very excited because I can take them online and am going to do so!

15. Gregies_Lady27

Gregies_Lady27 Pathologist

Ugh...im taking:

Spanish 1-Homework all the time
    Advanced Lang.Arts-Highschool level...awesome
    Spanish/Social Studies-Cool teachers make it un boring
    Math-Blah..says enough