The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

Re: The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Poor Steve. When my friend heard about it, she started crying. It must be so hard on his wife and his kids. He was a brave good man and he will be remembered forever.

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Rest in peace Steve Erwin. :( *cries* My heart goes out to his family. That must be soo hard on them. I cant believe that happened. I used to always watch his show. He has done more dangerious things then swim with sting rays! I cant believe it happened... Thats really all.. I just cant believe it.

3. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I used to love Crocodile Hunter on Animal Planet, and Steve's death saddens me. I heard on the radio that only a handful of people have died from stingray stings.
    Also, my 3 year old cousin Charlie LOVES Croc Files on Discovery Channel Kids. :( Its his favorite show.
    Rest in peace, Crocodile Hunter. You will be dearly missed!

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

tlc, animal planet, and discovery channel have been playing these memorial clips of steve during commercial breaks. the first time i saw it i almost cried, he loved those animals so much. which makes me really made at this woman, germaine greer i think her name is, who made these horribly innapropriate comments in a newspaper. shes a feminist or something and made these comments that steve made his life harassing animals and he deserved to be killed by one. how heartless can you possibly be? steve educated the world about animals and conservation, the natural world has lost one of its greatest heroes.

5. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I too have watched his many shows and admired his work as a conservationist and family man. His wife and kids meant the world to him. He will be missed by many and is a huge loss to the animal world.

In regards to anyone that thought he was harrassing the animals, clearly has never watched any of his shows. He always said it is the animals right to defend its territory and that we are impossing on them, not the other way around. He moved many crocs and other wildlife to safer areas because people were going to kill them. He spent his life dedicated to the animals and died doing what he did best, making documentries and trying to teach us about them.

My prayers are with Terry, Bindi, and Bob.

6. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I was real shocked and saddened when I heard this. I've grown up watching his show and learning from his love for all animals. Steve was one of the greatest naturalists of our time and leaves behind a great legacy. I think in his relatively short life he did alter the world for the better.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AWWW thank's Twiz great photo- very nice--WOW was he love and admired-everywhere he's been all over the news-he was a vibrant-exchuberant-effervescent-enthusiastic engeretic daredevil- with no fear of them- I'm afraid to even see these wild animals in a cage, let alone wrestle and swim with them--and he was up close and personal -and his two little children were the image of him physcially- how beyond sad :(

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Peter Brock
    By Paul Tait

SYDNEY, Sept 8 (Reuters) - One of Australia's most famous motor racing drivers Peter Brock was killed in a rallying accident on Friday, officials said.

Brock's death comes just four days after another famous Australian, "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin, was killed by a stingray barb to the chest in a diving accident.

"I was shocked and saddened to hear of Peter Brock's death," Australian Prime Minister John Howard told reporters in Sydney.

"It's been a pretty sad week for Australia ... and Brocky will be very sadly missed."

9. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Well, I don't know him. But whatever, my condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

10. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I was just going to post about Peter Brock.. it's a bad week for Australian stars. Sucky. Rest in Peace to both of them. At least they both died while doing what they love.

11. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

thats just what I was thinking ziggy. First Steve Irwin and now Brocky...it's just not a good week for Australia. Rest In Peace.

12. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

Man, they're dropping like flys! Makes you wonder who'll be next (God forbid...).

RIP Steve, great Aussie. He was great on Andrew Denton... Funny and serious in just the right measures. He's just a ball of energy in kakhi shorts. :) But poor Terri and the kids...

And then Peter Brock! Geez, I loved those little lizard adds! The racing circut has lost a great competitor.

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Today marks the third ann. of John Ritters death. He's still being missed by his fans.

14. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Five years to the day when a total of 2,973 people lost their lives in the 11/9 attacks.

May you all be resting in peace and never forgotten.

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

AMEN Tinkerbell, very well said

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.