The Promise of the Future-GSR RP

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Waiting, Jan 20, 2007.

1. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

She started to eat. She really couldn't taste the food, her mouth was so raw from the salty tears. "At least you haven't had to remind me how to breath" she said in between bites. She normally tried to ber very neat, but now She really didn't care. She let the lettuce slip into her lap. She quickly wipped it up.

"Have you ever lost anyone?" she said as she walked back over and pulled out the photo album. She sat looking at the photos of her and her brother. A few were of Sara in the Hospital, recovering from a wound from her father and some were from when Sara and Stephan went into foster care. The tough times in her life just seemed to keep adding up!

2. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

(Apologies Wyoming for not posting in 5 days! I forgot :( :lol: )

He smiled down at her, and his smile only widened as she blushed, he thought it was cute when she did that. "Hey, it's okay, I don't mind..." Warrick starts, "Yeah, sure. Whatever is fine" He did feel the same way about her, and he enjoys holding her, comforting her and....well, just being around her in general.

3. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Catherine nodded and walked over to the coffee machine. She flicked on the switch, which was all she needed to do since she hadn't had time to make her coffee this morning. She sighed a little and put her elbows on the counter. She promised herself that she was going to hold strong, but it was wearing on her. Tears cascaded down her cheeks as she looked down at the counter. She really was becoming a lonely, broken woman. Warrick being there just made her feel more nervous. She was afraid he would find out her secret. She hadn't expected him to show up, and she was deathly afraid she was going to let something slip, and this wasn't was she needed. The only thing she needed right now was to know that someone cared, someone other then the man who swept her off of her feet. She wished she could tell him, but she didn't have the guts.

4. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Greg looked terified from the threat that young guy made to him. Nick didn't say anything, but Greg stupidly did.
    "You shouldn't make threats like that, the police are on their way."
    The guy started giggling very softly building power every second, and at that time Nick knew something was coming, and so did Greg. So Nick took one step toward the man, but it was too late. The guy had shoved Greg to the ground and made a run for it. Nick of course chased him all the way down the parking lot until he finally caught him.

Greg just stayed on the ground frozen sort of, then he reached for his phone and called Grissom. His hand was bleeding from landing on it, so he used his left to dial the number. It rang twice, and then Grissom actually picked up to Greg's surprise.

(Sorry Butterflied, and Waiting, I didn't mean to make your people do those things, but I thought this was pretty good.)

5. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

(No prob, sorry for not updating sooner.)

Nick stood still, watching the angered man threatening Greg. Dark eyes jumping between the two, he remained silent, but made an obvious move of his hand towards the holster on his side and took a step forward. The man's insane laughter built, and in a blink, Greg was on the ground. The guy ran off, the woman standing silent by the damaged vehicle still, and Nick took off running.

He tried to keep in shape, going to the gym when he had a night off or just doing some exercises at home, and despite his lack of running ability, the man was completely out of it, and made it quite easy for Nick to chase him down. Towards the entrance of the parking garage, the familiar lights of Brass' car came ahead as he lunged, tackling the guy to the ground.

"Stay on the ground! I said stay on the ground!" Pinning the man's arms behind his back, Brass was beside Nick in a moment with a pair of cuffs. Wrestling the man to his feet, he turned to the detective. "This wise guy was tired of waiting for you, so he shoved Greg onto the ground. I think he's all right, I thought I saw blood though." Wait, Greg. Taking back off down the aisles of the garage, Nick dashed back towards the red Mini Cooper, Greg lying on the asphalt ground. "Greg! Greggo, you okay man?"

6. ericisacutie

When Nick came back over to where Greg was sitting on the ground he said, "Greggo, you okay man?"
    Greg had this very angry look on his face as he said, "No I'm not!!! I just called Grissom, I thought he had answered, but noooooooo, he just changed his stupid voice message to make everyone think he answers when he really doesn't!"

Nick just stared at Greg as he slowly got up. He offered Greg help with his hand but Greg just snapped back to him.
    "I don't need your help! I'm going over to Sara's and seeing what the deal is with Grissom!!"

Greg was just fuming, but Nick didn't think that was best thing for Greg to do at the moment, so he finally stopped him...

7. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

"Have you ever lost anyone?" Grissom watched as she walked and grabbed what looked like a photo album. Not knowing how to answer her, he stared at her blankly as his hand scratched at his beard. He decided to side step her question not wanting to dredge up his past. "Not really," his reponse was quiet as he looked at his phone as it blinked a missed call.

"Sorry, it looks like someone called." Phone already opened, Grissom hit the key to show his missed calls and Greg's number showed up. His eyebrows furrowed together wondering if maybe they found a lead of some sort regarding Stephan. He looked briefly at Sara as he dialed Greg's number. "Greg, it's Grissom. What do you have for me?"

8. ericisacutie

As Greg stood facing Nick still with fuming like crazy, he heard his phone ring. He took it out of his pocket with his bloody hand forgetting about it, and he looked at the number on the front, it said Grissom. He started evily laughing as he looked at Nick and said, "And now he calls me!"

So he opened his phone and heard, "Greg, it's Grissom, what do you have for me?" Greg's face got redder and redder, then he exploded and said, "Nothing! Absolutely Nothing!!!
    Well, we might have the drive bye car, but besides that I have a bloody hand and I raging temper!"

Nick's eyebows raised quickly as he snached Greg's phone away from him and started talking to Grissom himself.

9. ButterFlied92

ButterFlied92 Lab Technician

"Whoa, cool down Greg! Just wait a minute!" Greg's phone rang again and when he started laughing, Nick could only just stand there, watching him. What was with him tonight?! This kind of thing always happens. He walked over to Greg as he started screaming out to the phone.

"Nothing! Absolutely Nothing!!! Well, we might have the drive bye car, but besides that I have a bloody hand and a raging temper!"

"All right, Greg, just cool it!" Snatching the phone from Greg's hand, Nick walked a few paces away, trying to talk to Grissom over the ravings of Greg combined with the man, their voices colliding and raising through the garage.

"Grissom, it's Nick. We found a car matching the description of the vehicle in the drive-by and it has matching scraping marks where it coincides with the pole the car hit. But apparently, it was stolen, so I was about to call DMV when the owner just begins to flip out and shoves Greg to the ground. Now he's pissed off and Greg's flipping out, and there's this woman who's just standing here who hasn't said a damn thing and this whole shift sucks!" Nick's voice had steadily quickened by the word until, he too, was softly yelling into the phone. Realizing this, he took in a breath of air and coughed. "Sorry, Griss, I think Greg's rubbing off on me."

'I can imagine it now, the reproach, the emotionless orders, the annoying raising of the eyebrows, the infuriating stare. Why did everything have to get complicated? Why did it have to be Stefan?' Nick had heard Sara talk about him once or twice, and he seemed like a great guy, but he hadn't really met him, well, before tonight. 'And why did Catherine's father have to be involved? Now we've got two emotionally distressed women who aren't normally on friendly terms going against each other? One hell of a shift...'

10. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

As Catherine started crying, Warrick immediately moved over to her and rested his hand on her back. Not too high, but not too low as to be offensive either.

"Hey, Hey, Cath......it's all going to work out eventualy, you just have ot hope for the best. And......if it doesn't work out, well, you always have me here" He smiled warmly at her as he continued to rub her back slowly.

11. Wyoming

Catherine nodded a little and sniffled. She looked up at him and into his loving green eyes. "That means a lot to me Warrick," she said as she wiped the tears from her eyes. She swallowed hard and started to cry again. She leaned into him, feeling his warm chest against her. She loved it, and she never wanted it to end. As her crying increased, her grip around Warrick got tighter. She needed someone to anchor her. Warrick was her anchor, as long as he would have her. She just wished that she'd had the guts to tell him what she felt for him.

12. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

It was obvious to Grissom that his staff was having an emotional time with everything involving Stephan murder. He barely heard as Nick apologized for getting upset on the phone. "Nick...I understand, but look I need you to handle this situation. Call Brass, tell him the witness needs to be placed under arrest for assaulting a police officer. Then have the car towed back to the lab. It's still evidence. I owe you one, and uhh...have Greg call me back after he has calmed down."

He clicked his phone shut somehow feeling worse than before. How could he protect his staff? Everything seemed in turmoil, and now he was having Nick handle something that he should, but it was not like he could leave Sara here alone. He sure as hell was not taking her back to the crime scene either. Knowing her she would pull her kit and start processing the scene, and the next thing they all know Stephan's murderer is set free. Things had to be done by the book. He looked up from his thoughts, and noticed that Sara was staring intently at him.

"What?" He asked as he raised his shoulders.

13. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

As Catherine leant into his chest, he wrapped his arms around her,letting her cry on him. She needed someone to be there for her, and he was going to make sure that he'd be the one to do it. As she wraped her arms around him tighter, he did the same, holding her in his tight, warm embrace for as long as she needs. He kisses the top of her head before resting his chin on her head and they remained like that for a while. Just standing there, holding eachother.

14. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

"Nothing." Sara said, turning her head back to the photo album in her lap, "What did Greg want?" she asked flipping a page. She was extreamly envious of her friends who got to work this scene, 'If Grissom needed to go check on them he should just take me! even though I would probably somehow chase down David to get to my brother, that shouldn't stop Grissom from taking me!" she thought.

15. Wyoming

Catherine sighed a little and let herself submit to Warrick's grasp. She stayed there for a few minutes before pulling away to look up into his eyes. Nothing but love shown through them as she gazed into his green orbs. She swallowed hard and reached her hand up to his cheek and stroked it with her thumb. "Warrick..." she said, pausing a little. She then continued. "Thank you...for coming here," she finished.