The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i just attempted to watch the notebook again because it was on tv. the first time i saw it was right after i was dumped, big mistake, and i bawled. i thought i would be ok the second time around but no, cried like a baby again. such a sweet love story that you know will never happen to you, but really wish it would.
    its really nice when canadian actors get to show their stuff. ryan gosling has come a long way since breaker high, and rachel mcadams is always incredible. these two are perfect together, wonderful film. wish i could get through it without crying though :lol: im such a sap, i dont think itll happen

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I’ve seen two films over the past few days, the first one was 'Hot Fuzz', which was so funny. :lol: The film is a little on the long side, I think it was about 2 hours and 20 minutes and they probably could have cut about 30 minutes out of it, but I really enjoyed it all the same. It was the first time I've ever seen an audience in the cinema applause! :eek: Simon Pegg = <3

Second film I saw was 'Crank'. It was okay, I got into a little more after about half and hour, Jason Statham was very good and story line was good. I kept thinking at the beginning he should just go to the gym and run on a treadmill. :lol: Ah well, I was a little disappointed with the ending and it was a really short film (1 hour and 18 minutes). :eek:

3. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

The last 2 film I saw were An American Werewolf in Paris and Fire Down Below. I've never seen AAWIP before, but it's truly horrible. I don't know exactly what genre it is, like horror, fantasy and comedy? It was so awful that I laughed my brains off. :lol:
    Well, FDB. I've seen it before. I have to admit that I kinda like Steven Segal. And of course Marg ^^' :)

4. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

i recently saw 'Fear' for the first time, don't know why it's taken so long?! WP is so hot in it, mmm mmm mmm! :devil:
    It's really good, rated 18 for good reason though! Shame no WP sex scenes though, although there is a topless just got out of shower, brushing teeth scene, and a scene in a dressing gown, partially open. makes me v. flustered that man!
    What films are out at the moment in america? I can't wait till they come out in England :( It takes like 6 months :(

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

"An American Werewolf in London" is a much better movie than the sequel.

I watched "Munich" last night and Eric Bana was amazing. I found the film sort of dragged in parts, but I found the attempt to show what was going on in these "assasins" heads really interesting.

I just finished "Finding Neverland" and as always, Johnny Depp was amazing. The little guy who played Peter was fantastic too. All around just a really, really good movie. I'd totally recommend it. :)

6. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

10 things i hate about you, my personal favorite movie.

tonight, it's movie night with the girls too, so we'll watch 40 yearold virgin, that movies freakin hilarious :lol:

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Well since I just broke my foot last week, I can't go to work, so I've watched a butt load of movies...
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation :rolleyes:
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (the dumbest one yet, even dumber than The Next Generation, and that's saying something.)
    An Unfinished Life: I loved this movie! And I normally don't like Jennifer Lopez movies, to tell you the truth, I watched it because Josh Lucas was in it, but it is really good.
    Tip Toes: Really cute movie!
    Boys on the Side: Really cute and moving movie, but I still can't get over the fact that his name is Abe Lincoln :lol:

8. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I've seen Miss Undercover, Scary Movie and Little Nicky.

Has been a little fun night yesterday. :D
    Scary Movie is so great! I almost died laughing though I've seen this movie already thousand times I think.
    Little Nicky was quite okay. And Miss Undercover is also a great movie. :)

9. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I just watched Saw 3 and have to say I didn't like it, just too many things going on at first and this was more of a just gross out. I liked the first and second but don't recommend the thrird.

I also saw Over The Hedge and thought it was a good movie (hence my avatar) Loved Hammy.

With that one I also watched Open Season and I knew Gary Sinse was a voice but would never have guessed he was the Hunter.

10. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Last movie i saw was Open Season. And OMG, my fav character, guess who, was the porcipine. It was just too funny everytime he said "Buuuddy..." :lol: Especially from behind the tree.

But Aston Kutcher (sp?) was great as that buck. I forget his name though.

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Elliot was his name and yes the porcupine was funny.

12. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Elliot yeah. :lol:

Or that one part where the bear and Elliot are behind that curtain, and it looks like the bear is mauling the buck?! That was funny too.

I also saw Epic movie. That was a complete waste of time, my nephew dragged me into it. But the Harry Potter part was pretty funny. :lol:

13. Lvodkadiet

Lvodkadiet Rookie

I saw this last weekend and loved it. I was a teenager in the 80s and it brought back so many memories. :lol: I didnt think there was much chemistry between Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore but the one liners made me laugh and the bit where he tries to fight the writer cracked me up.

The last thing I saw on DVD was 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore and thought that was quite sweet but not as good as The Wedding Singer (another 80s film).

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I LOVE that movie! I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler's movies actually. Nicky is so lame in an adorable way :lol: I also loved the soundtrack :)

15. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Yep. Little Nicky wasn't quite good, there are better Sandler movies. And the soundtrack was great. I love soundtracks! *totally addicted to soundtracks* :lol:

Last movie I saw: Speed
    I love that movie. Haven't seen it for quite a while. But it's everytime enjoyable. I love Keanu Reeves!
    Must watch Matrix again. :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.