The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Cat, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I finally watched "Crash" last night and sheesh was it good. :lol: Guess that's why it got nominated for all those awards, huh? ;)

Anyway, lots of strong performances, twists and turns and interconnected-ness. I was riveted the whole time; there wasn't a single boring storyline despite the fact that there were so many stories running concurrently.

2. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

The last movie i watched was the covenant!! and oh my gosh!!! it was such an awesome mvie with tons of hot guys <333!!!! i watched it 3 times :)

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I just watched Glory Road, I usually don't like movies that are based around sports, but this one was really good. Jerry Bruckheimer really directed this well, like he does all of his other projects. And it did help that Josh Lucas was in it :lol:.

4. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

The last film I saw was 'Platoon'. Wow, it's really good. :eek: I'm not a big war film fan, but this film was awesome. Charlie Sheen and Willem Dafoe were so good. It's was quite sad and had some really moving moments. It's set in the Vietnam War, and is about how the soldiers had to deal with not only the war, but also the rift between themselves. Very good. :)

5. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

the last film i saw was THE HOLIDAY with kate winslet and cameron diaz. it is about two women troubled with guy-problems who swap homes in each other's countries, where they each meet a local guy and fall in love. i loved the movie! and i have to admit that i cried! a beautiful movie. really recommendable! :)

6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

In the theatre, the last film I saw was "Children of Men". Wow. Fabulous! Such an intense film, and done so well. Michael Caine- his character was so funny, but also breaks your heart. The only performance I had in my head for Clive Owen going in was 'Sin City', and I honestly didn't care for him in it, but he redeemed himself. He really did a great job, as did the other actors.

As for rentals, I just saw "Running With Scissors" and "Half Nelson".

I read the memoir "RWS" before seeing the movie. The book is fantastic, really great. The movie was good too. Better than most book-into-movie films IMO. They left some stuff out of the film, but it was still really well done. It's one of those stories that it's so strange at times, it's hard to believe it really happened! Annette Benning and Joe Cross were fantastic!!

"Half Nelson"- I can definately see why Ryan Gosling was nominated for the Oscar. Amazing performance by him. The story was touching, but also heartbreaking. The look of the film and the way it was shot, really added to the grittyness of it all.

Next to watch is "Science of Sleep" and "Hollywoodland". Yep, I went to the video store and rented all the new releases in one shot! :D :lol:

7. BabaOReilly

I watched The Illusionist. I'm a bit biased because Edward Norton really is my favourite actor, but I thought his performance was amazing! :D Paul Giamattiand Rufus Sewell were also really, really good; Jessica Biel did a decent job as well. Her role was a little more straightforward, but she did pretty well with it.

Overall I'd say this was a good movie, but not a great one. All the effects, simple though they were, were very effective. I did however, have the ending figured out right away... but oh well. It's still worth a viewing just to enjoy the filming style and acting. :)

8. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I saw Music and Lyrics, it has just come out in England, and it was funny, Hugh Grant is still hot!
    i love the music video at the beginning! hilarious :lol:

Anyone else seen it? I know it had some bad reviews, it's just a rom com so i didn't expect much. :p

9. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

I've seen 'Daylight' for the sixth or seventh time now.

I quite like it. I always watch movies that are dealing with such catastrophes. ^^

10. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

I just watched "Enough" with JLo, Its my most favorite movie! Its so scary but so good.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

We just rented "THE DEPARTED" OMg, talk about riveting.. Martin Scorsese , so violent..it's in, Boston, the Irish Mafia, plus the FBI, and the secret mole within the FBI, the twisted rigamarole and digging and sifting events that take place!!! WHOA, and Jack Nicholson, so evil in this..(incredible acting) Matt Damon, Leonardo DeCaprio, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, and Mark Walberg, all sensational.. it's nominated for one of the best pictures.. and wow.. it just make take it!!!

12. BabaOReilly

^^^ It should win everything, if you ask me. That's the best movie I've seen in the last year, easily. I'm glad DiCaprio caught the nomination for Blood Diamond at least because he definitely deserves a nod after two such amazing performances.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree Baba but, it's hard to top Damon's performance as well, I love them both.. he was such a coniving back stabbing.. betrayer, and a liar and weasel..and so good at what he did to decieve everyone... I also saw him in 'The Good Shepard" and couldn't belive he wasn't nominated for that.. tough call, and also, why wasns't Jack nominated? such a seasoned veteran, I always think there should be ties in the Oscar performances ;)and "The Queen" OMG.. absoutley fantastic ;)

14. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I agree with the both of you, The Departed is the best drama in a long time. I think there's a thread specifically for it which I'll go pull up.

15. BabaOReilly

Yes, Matt Damon was amazing too, as was Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin... well, everyone, really. Strong cast, strong writing and directing. I really hope this is Scorcese's year. It's been a long time coming. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.