The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like other people have been watching scary movies this weekend :lol: the hills have eyes was satisfying for a horror movie. is it weird that i can watch all the blood and killing but the rape scenes made me uncomfortable?

as for silent hill is that the one based on a video game? my friend saw it and told me it was really bad. i havent watched to judge for myself though.

and im sure weve all watched movies just because of the eye candy in it ;)

I saw Silent Hill and thought it was pretty bad too and boring.

I saw second string with George Eads earlier on TV and thought this one was pretty boring too.

allmaple said:
looks like other people have been watching scary movies this weekend :lol: the hills have eyes was satisfying for a horror movie. is it weird that i can watch all the blood and killing but the rape scenes made me uncomfortable?

Seems so. :lol:

Concerning the rape scene. I've also seen that movie (I had to watch it alone cause my friend just didn't want to) and I felt also uncomfortable watching the rape and the 'burning' scene. And I also didn't like it (I never like it though) when the young dad lost his finger. I hate such scenes. In Wolf Creek there was a similar scene. Why do they always have to loose some fingers? Why just the whole hand though? Oo That always makes me shudder so badly. ^^

Hmm.... my friend rented a Disney movie on yesterday. She never watches a horror movie alone. There always have to be at least one other person around. Mostly.. it's me, cause we're doing often dvd-evenings and I am the one who takes the horror movies. My friend is more into "normal" movies. :lol:

BabaOReilly said:
Oh, I've been wondering about The Hills Have Eyes. I just signed up for an online DVD delivery set up (like NetFlix, only in Canada) and that was one of my first choices. I've been wanting to see it since I heard it was pretty decent for a horror movie. I also got Silent Hill... hmmm, seem to have a "Hill" theme going here! :lol:

Anyway, if anyone has any comments on Silent Hill (without spoilers, of course! ;) ) I'd love to hear them.

I also rented "Devour", pretty much entirely because Jensen Ackles is in it! :lol: I'm so shallow. :lol:

I have Silent Hill and I didn't particularly enjoy it. However, I'm a avid player of the games so that could be part of the problem. Trying to look at it objectively, I still don't really rate it, I mean, it's alright, but the plot is a little all over the place, and the constant flashing back from the main storyline in Silent Hill to what the husband is up to stops the town from creating the true eery nature that makes the film is built around. The creatures are sufficiently terryfing and there are some nice gory moments though. Just my opinion. :)

Thanks everyone. :)

I just watched "Mimic" on TV and it's pretty much as sucky as I remember. :lol: Not the worst horror flick I've ever seen, but far from the best.

Well im theaters, I saw "The Holiday" a few weeks ago but last night I watched "Titanic"! I was SOOOOO friggen HAppy!!! I LOVE that movie almost as much as CSI! (And that... Is saying something!)

I watched two films over the weekend, the first one was 'JFK', which was a film that seemed to go on and on and on and on, and after 2 hours and 30 minutes I started to fear the film was never going to end. Luckily it did end, just short of 3 hours. I did find this film interesting as I wasn't around when JFK was shot and I've heard all the conspiracy theories, but I didn't actually know where these theories came from and what really happened when he was shot, so for me, it was very interesting. The first 2 hours I did find it a little hard going, but the third hour I got into a bit more. It was a good film, but it was a little long. :)

Okay, the second film I watched was 'Good Night and Good Luck'. I've wanted to watch this film for ages, but I had not gotten around to renting it until now. My initial fear with this film was because it's George Clooney's film that his character was going to hog the screen, I like George Clooney, but I can't stand stuff like that. Anyway, I really shouldn't of feared, because although George Clooney had a big part in the film he didn't take anything away from David Strathairn, who was just fantastic and the true star of the film. This film went far beyond my expectations and was truly a gem of a film. Highly recommend. :)

I just saw Fire Down Below last night, I've seen the movie for about 6 to 7 times, but for the first time I noticed that Marg Helberger is in it.

I watched The Illusionist a little while ago. I absolutely loved it. I am in awe of the whole magic genre. Edward Norton was brilliant as usual and the movie had a bunch of twists that made it so likeable. Jessica Biel and Paul Giamatti also gave great preformances .Now since I'm all into this magic scene, I really want to see The Prestige. Has anyone seen it? I heard it was really good.

Just finished watching Rocky 6 and I have to say, Stallone still knows how to put down a great movie. The scirpt is awsome.

The Brave. I was expecting a little bit more from this movie, and I was a little dissapointed. The storey line itself is quite good, but it's just so long and drawn out that you just wanna scream a the TV "get on with it". I wouldn't say it was a bad movie, it's quite good, but I just found it a little fustrating to watch. :)

I watched Vanity Fair over the weekend and it was... long. :lol: The performances were all good and the filming was amazing but, I guess they were a little too good at adapting it from the novel because it was a little rambling for my taste.

Overall, I'd say if you have a love for the classics or for period pieces, then it's worth a look, but I doubt anyone else would make it through the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back