The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ :lol: All I know is, now I don't need to see the movie! :lol:

Thanks Tinkerbell. You've probably saved the day for some people who want to see the film. :)

OMG, I just saw "The Queen".. I don't know where to began!! well, first Helen Mirren, she took on the mantle of Queen Elizabeth, amazing performance..she was so cold..stoic..stuffy and the rules... wow.. and seemed so uncaring.. I love the British, so it was a real eye opener, to see the inside of the British Monarchy.. I didn't realize I'd have to feel the horrific pain of Princess Diana's, death again.. I cried alot.. the actor who protrayed Tony Blair, fantastic,, just , if anyone gets the chance go see this.. it's too heart wrecnhing to go in to the lurid details here.. I was very shaken, and stunned by the whole film!!

john q is on tv right now. its really sad. im surprised this doesnt happen more often. in the states the fact that they can put money over the lives of sick people, its disgusting really.
denzel washington is amazing, as always. too bad this movie didnt bring more attention to the issues it raises. i would recommend it, if you dont mind depressing movies

I watched Serenity last night and I thought it was really good, I'm surprised it didn't get more notice when it came out over here. I really liked it and I loved the end, although it was a bit different to how I expected it, but I still found it enjoyable.

My favourite quote - "This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then explode." :lol:

The last film I saw was Night at the museum. I liked it a lot, I laughed my brains off. Robin Williams was awesome in it as always. He's such a great actor :) Oh, and Octavianus cracked me up when they were in the car with the cowboy guy :lol:
Oh, and I really liked the actor who also played Phoebe's husband on Friends :D

I was suckered into going to the movies with my friends last night to see Epic Movie. OMG, it was hilarious! I don't think I've heard the word b***ch so many times in one movie! And Willy Wonka break dancing to 'Fergalicious' was too great. But the Harry Potter part was pretty good too, even though I'm a huge Harry Potter fan.

I saw Night at the Museum the day after Christmas. I agree with WillowsWannaBe;it was cute, and I absolutely loved it.

Jade with the always-gorgeous David Caruso. I wasn't expecting much from it, but wow...the car chases are incredible.

The last film I watched was the film from 1985 Commando, staring the legend Arnold S. Now, the genre of this film is action/adventure but I found it to be a total comedy. The action scenes were so far fetched, especially when Arnold's character jumps out of a plane & lands perfectly in the marsh, or when he gets hit by a car and gets up so quick :lol:. I also loved how he was able to pick up a phone booth & throw like, ten cops off him by just flinging his arms. There were a lot of classic lines in the film such as:

Matrix: Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?
Sully: That's right, Matrix. You did.
Matrix: I lied. [drops him off cliff]

&

Cooke: You scared motherfu**er? Well you should be because this green beret is going to kick your big ass.
Matrix: I eat green berets for breakfast. And right now I'm very hungry.
Cindy: I can't believe this macho bullshit.

Seriously, there have been times when I laughed so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes. I plan to buy it next weekend so I can watch it whenever I need a good laugh. Absolute frigging classic :lol:.

last night a friend and i had a scary movie-a-thon

we first watched amytiville horror (ryan reynolds is *drool*) which ive seen before and liked. creepy stuff without being slasher gorey. plus ryan is topless a lot

next up was the hills have eyes. i havent been able to get anyone to watch this movie with me. lots of blood (and i do mean lots! :eek:) the mutants were creepy and all, but it was highly disturbing. this one contributed the most to my lack of sleep last night :lol:

third was one called andre the butcher. seriously, one of the funniest movies i have ever seen! i swear the budget was 5 dollars. and im pretty sure it was made by highschool students for a project or something, it was sooo cheesey. the acting was so bad and tacky that it made it fun to watch. i was laughing so hard during this one there were tears!

Wolf Creek

For me it lasted too long until the horror started. And then it ended very soon. Oo But I quite liked it.
The location (the outback I mean :D) was so great. Beautiful pics. :)

i jus watched "severance" with the Lush Danny Dyer. If you havent seen it, ya gotta!! its a hilarious horror type film set in hungary hehe lol :D great!!!

Oh, I've been wondering about The Hills Have Eyes. I just signed up for an online DVD delivery set up (like NetFlix, only in Canada) and that was one of my first choices. I've been wanting to see it since I heard it was pretty decent for a horror movie. I also got Silent Hill... hmmm, seem to have a "Hill" theme going here! :lol:

Anyway, if anyone has any comments on Silent Hill (without spoilers, of course! ;) ) I'd love to hear them.

I also rented "Devour", pretty much entirely because Jensen Ackles is in it! :lol: I'm so shallow. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back