The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... all I can say is I laughed my ass off and the line "Little girl, don't touch that squirrel's nuts, it'll make him crazy!" had me in stitches for days!

I also watched Meet the Fockers and it was better than I expected. Not as great as the first one, but not bad. Dustin Hoffman was hilarious, and I gotta admit, I found Babs entertaining.

BabaOReilly said:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... all I can say is I laughed my ass off and the line "Little girl, don't touch that squirrel's nuts, it'll make him crazy!" had me in stitches for days!

Haha I love that song about Veruca Salt :p.

Lets see, last night I watched RV, pretty funny, I liked the part where Robin Williams was on the front of the RV, trying to pull it down. :lol: And then tonight I watched Final Destination 3, pretty good, not as good as the first one. Had quite a few gross scenes. :eek:

oh i watched final destination 3 the other night! i screamed a couple times which made me happy :lol: ive only seen bits of the second one on tv, but the scenes were extremly gross and i want to see it all! i know, im weird.
tonight i watched 'the perfect man' because there was nothing else interesting at the store. it was actually very cute. tomorrow is 'little miss sunshine' and im so excited!
and yes, now that my job is over for the summer ive been watching far too many movies :lol:

I showed The French Connection to my mom and sister a few nights ago. I had seen it once before, my mom had seen part of one scene before, and my sister had never seen any of it. I think that they really liked the movie, the charatcers are intreging and the plot is suspensful without becoming over the top.

Spoilers abound

We loved the end scene with Doyle taking a shot and not knowing where it was meant to go. We love how you can see how the case affects him, and how whe ends up shooting what you'd asume is his own shadow. The final part which I liked but neith my mom nor my sister liked was finding out the the leader had gotten away.

Watched Serendipity last night. It's one of my favorite movies cuz it's a bit quirky. And of course Kate Beckinsale is in it, so I had to watch it! *worships Kate Beckinsale* :D

Shrek 2.

I gotta say, this is one of those animation movies where the sequel is much better than the original. I loved it. Especially Puss In Boots! So cute! :lol: The humor in here is alright; I loved it that they used Hollywood as a sort-of "set" for Far, Far Away Land.

YouandMe1105 said:
Watched Serendipity last night. *worships Kate Beckinsale* :D
Please add more content in your posts. Was it good? Anything more than just a few words. Thanks. :)

Just saw Akeelah and the Bee on DVD. It was a nice, family movie (PG). It's about a girl from a not-so-great neighborhood in LA making it to the national spelling bee and what happens w/ her along the way. It's sort-of predictable, but not so much that it ruins the movie. I love the scene close to the end where Akeelah is spelling a word and they have each person who impacted her life say a letter to show that they were all her coaches. I'd recommend seeing this, especially if your day wasn't so great. It's very warm-and-fuzzy :)

I watched the Shaggy Dog with Tim Allen yesterday, already seen it several times, my 4 yr loves this movie. I like the part where he's chasing the neighbors dog and yelling "MY YARD, MY YARD, MY YARD" :lol: and then also in court he's growling at the other lawyers and then he growls at the judge!!! :lol:

i saw little miss sunshine on the weekend. it was amazing! it was mostly a drama but had very funny moments. steve carrell was fabulous, it was a very different role for him but he pulled it of really well. i would definately recommend it, after pirates i would say its my favourite movie of the summer.

I watched National Lampoon's Vacation on Saturday night and oh man, I laughed so hard I had an asthma attack (that means it was REALLY funny! :lol: ) its probably the funniest movie i've seen in a LONG time. I LOVE the line where Mrs. Griswald goes: "Kids, when this is all over, your father may be going away for awhile." :lol:

Hostel

Ew. Sex, violence and gore all over the place. The ick factor is so high I had to turn away sometimes (especially when the kids were beating up the goons). *Shudder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back