The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Casanova last night. It was so cute!!! I would definately recommend seeing this movie, but only if you like chick flicks.

^^ In my town there's a statue of Woody Allen.
Tourists love to make photos with him.
Mayor loves statues and fountains. :rolleyes:

Real Allen and the statue.

15woody1.jpg

The last film I saw was 'Ten things I hate about you' with Heath Ledger and Julia Stiles. It's a sweet film but it's more a film for girls..

Cool! He's so cool. :D I just saw 'The Cooler', I love this movie. The acting performances of William H. Macy and Maria Bello are so good. They're both great actors. :) The storyline was really good.

Just watched "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Bergundy" for the first time and damn it was funny! :lol: If I hadn't borrowed it from a friend and had to return it, I'd probably be watching it again this week! Too hilarious. Steve Carrell actually had me laughing the most often, but obviously Wil Ferrell had some great moments too. :D

The last movie I saw was Rob Roy. Old, but with a great performance by Liam Neeson. Hee. i <3 Liam Neeson.

It has an awsome end-swordfight, one of the best I've ever seen acctually, and a great villan.

I saw Accepted, The Constant Gardener, and RV this weekend. Accepted was great. I went on IMDB and was surprised at how low it was rated. Anyway, yeah it is a lot like Camp Nowhere if you've ever seen that. But I really liked it. This guy doesn't get accepted to any of the colleges he applied to so he makes up a fake acceptance letter. But then they have to make up a website so his parents will think it's authentic. They lease an old psychiatric institute and fix it up to look like a college b/c they need somewhere to drop him off. But then a bunch of kids accidently get accepted, via the website, and it escalates. Oh, and the name of the school is South Harmon Institute of Technology (everyone, what does that spell?). Yeah, the young guy from the Mac commercials is the main character and, yeah, all the computers in the movie are Macs and the dude is approaching 30, but it is a good movie. The very end is muy excellente too. It's a great statement about a lot of the colleges today and how kids/parents are paying all of that money for crappy educations and how it could be so much better.

The Constant Gardener was a very good movie. It felt very well made and it was pleasing to the eye (cinematography-wise). It's about drug companies and Africa (I can't see much, don't want to give away anything).

RV was pretty dumb. I think it would be funny for kids. Actually, my mom thought it was hilarious. It has it's moments. It's about a guy who works for a huge soda company taking his family to Colorado by Rv instead of the Hawaiian vacation they were supposed to take b/c he has a presentation to make there. All the while he's trying to hide the fact that he has his laptop and is working. His daughter is like 15 and she's all for the environment and the son is older than 10 (I guess 12) but they never say how old, but he's a wannabe gangster and lifts weights to compensate for being short.

prokaryote said: The Constant Gardener was a very good movie. It felt very well made and it was pleasing to the eye (cinematography-wise). It's about drug companies and Africa (I can't see much, don't want to give away anything).
Have you seen 'City of God' by the same director, Fernando Meirelles? If not, it's worth checking out- it's an awesome movie IMO! :)

I watched Tristan and Isolde a few nights ago. It was a very good story and I totally loved it and it was very romantic. So I thought that was a plus. :) But I didn't like how it ended.

I saw the matador a few nights ago and everyone ive talked to about it says they liked it, but i just dont get it! everything seemed so random, the dialogue and the visuals. its as if they didnt want a romantic story line whatsoever but they still wanted sex scenes so they just threw them in. i wouldnt recommend it

ThisIsMe said:
prokaryote said: The Constant Gardener was a very good movie. It felt very well made and it was pleasing to the eye (cinematography-wise). It's about drug companies and Africa (I can't say much, don't want to give away anything).
Have you seen 'City of God' by the same director, Fernando Meirelles? If not, it's worth checking out- it's an awesome movie IMO! :)
Thanks, I'll check it out :)

Last weekend i saw "Pirates of the caribbean 2". It was good but i think the first one was better. And i don't like movies that don't finish... Now i'll have to wait for another part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back