The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Snakes on a Plane a couple days ago. I thought it was pretty good in many respects. Samuel L. Jackson is a great actor, which is pretty rare nowadays. It was an interesting plot, but very fake. It's the kind of movie you'd want to see if you have a lot of stress, a good way to frre your mind for a couple hours.

Snakes On A Plane :lol: So amusing.

I didn't think the movie was going to be enjoyable at all, just an excuse to put Samuel L Jackson and snakes in a movie together. But really, it had an interesting [in many aspects of the word] plotline and was quite entertaining.

I saw Little Miss Sunshine a few days ago and I thought it was hilarious. It started off kinda slow but by the ending I was laughing so hard. :)

I caught Back to School on TV today, sadly since it was on TV it was edited way too much. Rodney Danger is always quite fuuny, but this movie had some good scenes but wasn't his best for what I've seen. I've only seen this and Caddyshack, which is also extremely funny. In Caddyshack some of the best lines aren't well known, and you have to listen hard and maybe rewind it a couple times, but they're worth it.

I've only seen Back to School unedited once, and that was a while ago, so maybe I need to rent it or find it at the library.

There were a few good scenes and classic lines, seeing it made me want to watch more Rodney Dangerfield. The delivery of his lines was perfect, very honest as to how someone would say this type of thing. One of the best lines in the movie in terms of cleverness and delivery:

I can't believe it Lou, married 5 years, seems like yesterday... and you remember what a lousy day yesterday was."

It was a great comedy overall, but I wish I hadn't seen it and just gotten the DVD so that I could see the entire unedited version.

BendAndBreak said:
Snakes On A Plane :lol: So amusing.
Please add more content to your post for example did you enjoy the film, were the actors any good in the film etc. This thread is for more of a review of the last film you saw. Thanks. :)

School of Rock. I absolutely adore this movie ever since I watched it 3 years ago. The music is awesome and it introduced me to the old classic rock bands like AC/DC, Motorhead, Deep Purple and Metallica.

And the kid actors in it? My God, they're incredibly talented! Most of them are younger than me and aleady they're awesome musicians! Seriously, if you watch these kids in this movie, they'll blow your minds out.

I saw A Knight's Tale and it was really funny..

Heath Ledger plays William Thather and wants to become a knight, but he can't take place in a battle because he isn't noble.. so he makes up a name which is: Sir Ulrich von Lichtenstein. And he says he comes from Gelderland..which is in Holland..and because I'm Dutch I really like that :p

so if you like Heath Ledger I really recommend this film..

This one is kind of old, Scooby-The Movie, I watched it with my kids today, I still can't believe that they made Scrappy Doo the villian!!!!, PUPPPPPY POWERRRRR!!!!

I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night on DVD. Was better than your average horror, told in flashback via the courtroom. The girl who played Emily was very good. Scariest thing about the whole thing was that it was based on a true story....

And I saw snakes on a plane in the cinema last week - so funny! Whoever came up with the many 'death by snake' scenes is a comedy genius! An instant cult classic. Is there a cooler man on the planet than Samuel L Jackson?! :cool:

Horatios_Shades said:
I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night on DVD. Was better than your average horror, told in flashback via the courtroom. The girl who played Emily was very good. Scariest thing about the whole thing was that it was based on a true story....

And I saw snakes on a plane in the cinema last week - so funny! Whoever came up with the many 'death by snake' scenes is a comedy genius! An instant cult classic. Is there a cooler man on the planet than Samuel L Jackson?! :cool:

My sister and I went to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose in the theatre way back when and I thought it was okay, it was cool that it had a different time structure, but I was hoping for something a little scarier. The science v. religion argument was cool. I must say I didn't mind paying money to see it, unlike The Grudge and Chicken Little :lol:

I actually thought Snakes on a Plane was like one of those Geiko commercials where they have a fake preview for a tv show or something. :p

I saw What the Bleep Do We Know? (that's the actual title) on Starz, I think, and it was pretty interesting. It's kind-of like Waking Life if anyone has seen that, but it wasn't as good. There's a running story line with a photographer finding herself and getting over her ex who cheated, but there's a bunch of professors and researchers who are explaining things about life the entire time. I like going on IMDB sometimes to see what other people think and apparently one of the "experts" is some weird lady who has a cult and thinks that she is possessed by some ancient spirit. Okkkaaaayyy :eek: Well, I would recommend seeing this just b/c it gives you stuff to think about. But you need to be skeptical when it comes to some of the stuff said. But it is pretty funny at parts :)

I watched Superman II on TV last night. I've been obsessing over my new Lois and Clark DVDs of late, so I was all excited to see one of the old-school Chris Reeves movies on, and II was always my favourite of the franchise.
It's the one with Terence Stamp as General Zod, and he's like, the coolest superhero movie villain of all time (With apologies to Willem Defoe and Alfred Molina). Plus it has all the wicked lovey dovey stuff with Clark and Lois, which always wins me over. His kissing her to wipe her memory is, in fact, a lame plot point- but it beats the hell outta the first movie, in which she dies and he flies really really fast around the world to save her life...*theoretical physics major* *twitch*.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back