The Last Film You Saw? Thread 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched 'Basquiat' last night. It was okay, not great in my opinion. It's about a guy trying to make it in the art world (I believe it's based on a true story). It does feature David Bowie as Andy Warhole, which was amusing. :lol:

I dunno I thought Davey Jones was a bit scarier, Barbosa was scary and funny at the same time. Davey Jones wasn't funny at all. BTW I watched National Treasure last night, the guy who plays Riley is hilarious throughout the whole movie!

^^ Tink, I love Basquiat!! I actually have it on VHS. I thought David Bowie was fabulous as Andy Warhol. If the movie had nothing else, it had Bowie. But then.. I suppose I'm biased... *glance at sn* :lol:

I watched yesterday night The Lady from Shanghai on tv, because I really like Orson Welles but first I turned on tv too late so I missed the beginning and second I was a bit tired and paid not too much attention. I hope they show it sometime again.
The last movie I saw at the cinema was Over the hedge , but I was a bit disappointed cuz it was nice but I had expected a bit more regarding the trailer :(.

ziggystarduzt said:
I thought David Bowie was fabulous as Andy Warhol. If the movie had nothing else, it had Bowie. But then.. I suppose I'm biased... *glance at sn* :lol:
Well, I only really watched it because I heard Gary Oldman was in it. Unfortunately he didn’t really have that much screen time. :lol: :eek: I agree with you totally about David Bowie, wonderful. :)

Last movie I saw was 'Citizen Kane' - I really didn't like it, I got very bored after 20 minutes. Personally I didn’t really see what the hype is about with the film, other than Orson Welles starring and directing it. The film itself didn't really do it for me. :eek:

Tinkerbell said:
I watched 'Basquiat' last night. It was okay, not great in my opinion. It's about a guy trying to make it in the art world (I believe it's based on a true story). It does feature David Bowie as Andy Warhole, which was amusing. :lol:
Heh, -Basquiat was/is quite famous in the art world, he was a grafitti writer who got dragged into the whole "New York Scene" during the 80's, and well you've seen the film, so you know what happens when Warhol dies... shame really - good film - directed by a well known artist and the cast is littered with well know names :)

I watched The Lost Boys tonight, despite having crushes on pretty much every major cast member during my early teens I'd never seen this movie, watched it with my 7 yr old step daughter who isn't fazed by gruesome scenes, she just wants to know why every one does what they do.. pretty good for a cheesy 80's movie, but not in the same league as The Goonies etc...

My friends and I watched Charlie's Angels 2 tonight, that was fun!!!

We watched the Pussycat Dolls scene a million times and danced around Christina's living room.

I just watched Somethings Gotta Give. It was such a cute movie! I thought it was sorta slow at parts, but overall it was fantastic!

I saw Clerks 2 today, it was a good mindless comedy. Definitly something fun to watch that you don't have to think about, and will keep you entertained. I went with my family and learned something shocking, until today I was the only one who knew the porch-monkey is a racial slur, no one else in my family knew until today.

I last saw The Family Stone on DVD. Luke Wilson. God I love that guy. :D Meredith (Sarah Jessica) is lovely. Her hair, her voice, her uptightness. :lol: The characters in relationship I like most in the movie are Thad and Patrick. They have good chemistry and are a sincere and loving couple.

I watched today "Bringing down the house" on tv and rofl and lmao. I wondered, nobody complained about me laughing so much and especially so loud! :D :lol:
Small negative aspect: Steve Martin was dubbed by two persons, one for the "normal" part and one for the hiphop scenes :(. One more reason to watch the original!

PIRATES OF THE CARIBEAN: DEAD MAN's CHEST. Loved Johnny Depps' acting... SO MUCH! I wanted to see it again. One Fillm I'm dying to see: SEE NO EVIL. Didn't get to watch coz I'm underaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back