The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i read is cosmo and teen people or i just look at the from headline of the news paper and thats it. All though i did read a British news paper a couple days ago. It had a article about dogs getting married, it was so cute but it proved that Britian has nothing to write about.

Palm said:
*stabs Calgary with a fork* Both cities are horrible. Edmonton is because we have such crappy weather and too many people. And Calgary because they don't have enough crappy weather and they go nuts when one of their Sports teams makes it into anything. And both cities harbour a hatred for each other that borders on the edge of psychotic.
I agree about the sport rivalries! Just stupid!(Go Oilers!)Speaking of too many people, try going to Grande Prairie! And the wind is always blowing there!!AHH! It is retarded there! It is like x-mas 24/7 there! We would rather go to Edm. than go to GP!

Really? A science major? Like.... the type of science that heals you or the type of science where you create clones of things like sheep
Just the type of science that heals you. I'm a BORING science major. hee. I wish I could clone things. But I'm gonna be a doctor and make lots and lots of money instead. I plan to be a diagnostician.

It's really frigging cold out now. *shivers* I'm going to go snuggle up with THE EMMANATOR and a blanket and drink hot tea.

im a good ol' boring science major too, biological science in fact. picked it because it was so general :lol: although i hope to get a summer job working at the genetics labs in my hometown. as much as i dont like western as a university they are doing amazing research with genetic disorders, organ regeneration, and stem cell research. even if the pope calls it 'the devils work' i guess thats just one more reason why he wont come to canada anymore :lol:
ziggy have you written the mcat yet? i did it this past summer, but want to apply to vet school here at guelph, and cant wait for my results. they should be coming any day now and i just want them!

^Ooh, what year are you? I used to have a summer job working at a biological lab in Nanaimo. And I find stem cell research and everything fascinating and wonderful. It's a very touchy subject, and it's hard to draw the line as to when it becomes unethical, but I'm all for it for the most part.
I have not yet written the mcat, no. I'm just starting my undergrad degree, and I have a good 4 years before it's absolutely necessary.. I'll probably do it this summer. Good for you for writing it.. did you find it hard? And vet school is HARD to get into, good luck!

DragonflyDreamer said:
VManso said:
Did any of you read the article in the September 27th issue of Canada Free Press by Bill Borkowski?

No, I didn't. What was it about?

DragonflyDreamer, It's title was "How to Change the Canadian System of Justice" and begins by mentioning the traditional viewpoint of Canadian justice and that rehabilitation and reconciliation of the offender to the community is scarcely , if ever, practiced. The article goes on to say that more and more people are becoming interested in the tenets of native Canadian restorative justice.

im in 3rd year bio sci, and i wanted to take the mcat last summer so there wasnt a huge gap between when i did physics and chemistry courses. although this past summer was the last time theyre doing a paper mcat, now it will be computer based.
i definately recommend taking a course, its pretty expensive but i felt it was worth it for me. i took the kaplan course and went to every class but didnt go a lot of work outside of it :lol: but im really good at standardized tests (better than real rests, which is weird) so my mom couldnt yell at me when i got 29s on the practise tests :lol: the real thing was easier than the practise tests i took, so i hope i broke 30 on it. it was just a really, really, really long day. endurance is key! so good luck to you too! :)

I am so glad i go to a Candaidan school because i would rather be the leaders of a Jr high then a newbie at a High school and plus i have such great teachers who are so nice and fun like my L.A/Health teacher :lol: she is hilarious!

maple- Ahh, I'm just 1st year. I already did a degree in classical voice, then decided that I really didn't want to be an opera singer for the rest of my life, so I'm starting late. I already have all my electives though, and english and stuff, so hopefully I should be able to finish in 2 years instead of 4. Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely going to be taking the course when I go to do the test. I think you'd be crazy not to! :lol:

^The I demand you heal me Ziggy! I have issues.... MEDCIAL issues. Mwahaha..... ha. ha. *Shunned*

As to what Reba was saying, I've heard some interesting stories about Grand Prairie. My best friend used to live up there and everytime you mention it, she tries to claw her wrists up and she gets reallllllly angry. Makes for good fun when your bored at 12 in the morning XD

And yeah, I didn't do my homework so I'm contemplating on whether I should because it's due in.... 5:45 now..... carry the four... add 2.... About 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Naw. I'll just do it quickly on the bus...

Ziggy your icon goes on my awesome scale!

I was mad because for the first time in the year i actually really got something in math and i forgot my homework at school and it was so easy!!! all we're doing is dividing powers and those little letters that mean something like X and Y and all that and that comes with a exponent, i dont know what they're called.

I miss my friend, she moved to Loyd and i miss her alot :( we still have MSN but thats not the same as talking to her in real life.

in london (and most of ontario i think) we didnt have junior high. it was no big deal, my school was so cliquey we didnt bother people we didnt like. plus the stereotypical bullies were too busy getting pregnant to pick on anyone. ok, thats an exaggeration, only 3 girls had babies. but there were still rumors that several other girls were pregnant and miscarried or aborted. i know its just rumors, but looking at the girls i wouldnt put it past them...

most of my teachers never cared if we did homework, just as long as assignments were in and if you failed a test that was your problem. i did have one math teacher that still checked homework every day, and we got marked on it! and as much as i hated my english teacher in grade 12 (he would go on what i like to call 'jesus rants', i would just like to point out that i went to a public school) we did almost no work in that class. it was pointless. all the other english teachers gave an essay for hamlet, and our class got to act out a scene and that was our only shakespeare mark!! :eek: my friend and i got perfect on it, because ours was so incredibly awesome :D

So, one fateful day a little over two years ago, I was downloading random Barenaked Ladies songs, when I noticed a song titled "Canada's Really Big". I was curious, so I downloaded it. And I was quite pleasently surprised. It was so funny, and so very true. It became a theme of sorts when my friends went on a road trip after our high school graduation. There has been some debate between us thought, as to weather or not this song is actually by BNL, or if it's actually by the Arrogant Worms (I think that's what they're called). Anyway, I was listening to this song recently, and decided to post the lyrics here. I thought you all might appreciate it. Enjoy!

(Thank you very much. Now, we're very patriotic Canadians, so we'd like to take this moment to sing the national anthem that uh, that we wrote.)
When I look around me I can't believe what I see
It seems as if this country has lost it's will to live
The economy is lousy, we barely have an army
But we can still stand proudly, cause Canada's really big
We're the second largest country, on this planet Earth
And if Russia keeps on shrinking, then soon we'll be first (as long as we keep Quebec)
The USA has cannons and Switzerland has banks
They can keep them banks, they just don't amount
Cause when you get down to it, you'll find out what the truth is
It isn't what you do with it, it's the size that counts
Most people will tell you that France is pretty large
But you can put 14 Fance's into this land of ours (It'd take a lot of work, it'd take a whole lot of work)
We're larger than Malasia, almost as big as Asia
We're bigger than Australia, and it's a contenent
So big we seldom bother to go see one another
But we often go to other countrys for vacation
Our mountains are very pointy, our prairies are not
The rest is kinda bumpy, but man do we have a lot
We got a lot of land, we got a whole lot of land
So stand up and be proud, and sing out very loud
We stand out from the crowd cause Canada's really big

I hope no one is offended by any of this, it's all meant in good fun! ;)

^The I demand you heal me Ziggy! I have issues.... MEDCIAL issues. Mwahaha..... ha. ha. *Shunned*
*conjures up magical healing powers into finger tips and shoots magical purple rays of healing at Palm* THERE! Ha. Luckily I cannot heal your mental issues. They're too fun to get rid of.

Ziggy your icon goes on my awesome scale!
WOOHOO! I love my Superman icons. I made a bunch of them. I have another one of him wearing a voodoo witchdoctor hat and condemning Batman and Robin too. *sigh* Superman is my hero.

^That's a fricking hilarious song, Dragonfly!! I love it so much! ha. Where's it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back