The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been to Calgary a couple times even last year i went there on Christmas eve and we almost didn't make it back home for Christmas we got home at 4:00 am (Like the regular Christmas story) i was just happy to be back in Edmonton for Christmas to Calgary it's who ville.

That means i'm a who

i dont think ive been further west in canada than windsor :lol: and the only reason i was in windsor was to cross the border into detroit. sounthern ontario and a few places in quebec are the only touring of canada ive done. my family and i like tropical climates, we usually take every oppertunity we can get for a vacation outside of canada :lol:

Ummmm. I've been all over Alberta, Toronto, Ottawa, around Quebec a bit, and to the Yukon. I'm not very well travelled really.
Oh, I totally hate Calgary more that I hate Edmonton, and that's hard. A couple years ago I drove to Calgary (a 10 hour drive), decided I hated it, and drove back the next day. heh.

ShuriyuCSI said:
*reminds myself to read debate posts later... Did someone say DaVinci's Inquest?! :lol:*

Here! I do! :D

Yes, Shuri , I did ! It's one of my favorite programs,

*stabs Calgary with a fork* Both cities are horrible. Edmonton is because we have such crappy weather and too many people. And Calgary because they don't have enough crappy weather and they go nuts when one of their Sports teams makes it into anything. And both cities harbour a hatred for each other that borders on the edge of psychotic.

But I'd still rather live in Alberta than any other province. No PST, Free Money, The Oil Sands, Jasper, WEM, That place in Stony that sells the best Beef Jerky ever. Yep. I'd rather kill myself with a rusty Railroad spike from Robb than live anywhere else.

Speaking of which, did anyone hear about that Bridge collapsing in Montreal?

I heard about that bridge or causeway or whatever it was. :eek: I'm not sure about all the details, but it's a terrible thing that happened. Montreal hasn't been having the best of luck. (First that school shooting, now this)

And I'd rather live in Alberta too, mostly because of all the points mentioned. :D (But hey I'd still live in BC too)

I never heard about the bridge at all. I should really read more because that sounds terrible!

I really cant imagen me living anywhere else in Canada really it seems so unatural to me to be in another province (Even though i have only been in Edmonton :lol:) yet i can picture me living in the states. Maybe it's because they always show it on tv like New York (Friends) that it's like a secound home to me.

I heard about the bridge. At least five people died. It's the second bridge in that area to collapse in 6 years. Also, the bridge was just inspected (and cleared) a few weeks ago after someone complained about cement chunks falling off of it. Sound suspicious at all?

I saw about the bridge on the news last night. They're saying that Quebec has some of the worst roadwork in the country now. It's really tragic.

I would SO never live anywhere in Canada but Vancouver. At least not happily or willingly. I've lived in San Francisco and Sydney, Australia though, and I loved both of those cities a hell of a lot, so I can't say I'd be miserable outside of Canada.

Did any of you read the article in the September 27th issue of Canada Free Press by Bill Borkowski?

I flip through the Edmonton Sun and read the comics. Which, by the way, need to get funnier. Oi.

So, there were pieces of cement falling off? Oh man, That's sad. I'd donate a construction crew to them if I had the power. I mean, winter's coming. :(

I didn't read it.. I only really read Macleans in terms of Canadian news magazines. I'm not a big fan of newspapers, I try to get my news online. The BBC is actually a great source for international news- it's considered one of the least biased sources of media out there.

Aside from the I read The Walrus, and Discover magazines. I pick up the rare Cosmo, but I mostly enjoy science periodicals. I watch Discovery Channel too. Shut up. I'm a science major. :)

The wine club I belong to scored a 10% discount on Australian wines this month, so I'm enjoying some Yellowtail at the moment. mmmmmm. And Wednesday is our monthly wine tasting soiree. Am I just about the nerdiest 21 year old you've ever heard of? Sigh.

Really? A science major? Like.... the type of science that heals you or the type of science where you create clones of things like sheep :B

Ah, I pick up a Cosmo every month and a Blender when I get the chance. And our School Newspaper, "The Nugget". Other than that, I read the Sun when it's delieverd to our buildings every day to check the weather.... Boooooring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back