The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you're from the prairies, speak now!

Well, I'm not from Saskatchewan, and I'm not sure if there are any here, but I am from the prairies. Manitoba. Hiya neighbour! Where abouts in saskatchewan are you? I'm in Brandon.

Welcome, JulieAnn! I am a proud BCer myself. I've never been to Sask. One day, perhaps!

Palm? That's FREAKING HILARIOUS. I'd say 'who doesn't know Edmonton is the capital of Alberta?' but I must confess that until I was like, 17, I was not aware that Manitoba was a province, I thought it was a city in New Brunswick. It's that damn French Immersion education, I'm telling you.. anyway, I hate Edmonton. Once I went for an audition there and an hour after getting off the plane I was mugged whilst I walked across the street from my hotel to get dinner. Plus the WEM has one of those horrifying submarine rides that makes me want to cry. I just really don't like Alberta.

Palm said:
...a lot of Canadians in other provinces don't know that Edmonton is Alberta's capital. So, guess what the city is doing? Instead of expanding on buses, their going to be advertising Edmonton to every province! HAHAHAHAHA.
It's gonna suck.

Seriously, don't come to Edmonton. We'r the next Fort McMurray. And if you've been to Fort McMurray, you'll knopw why you won't want to come. Oi Vey.

Hi Guys, I'm from Toronto **ducks as everyone throws things** and I've always known that Edmonton is the capital...

Aren't I just a smarty-pants? :D

Blame it on Calgary ;) with the Stampede and the '88 Olympics. :lol:

I was in Edmonton during Klondike Days (now known as Capital EX - totally sucky name :() and I [/i]loved[/i] it. Who wouldn't? You get to dress up like a saloon girl or a cowboy and party the night away. Fun. :)

One1Red said:
Hi Guys, I'm from Toronto **ducks as everyone throws things** and I've always known that Edmonton is the capital...

Hey now, no one's gonna throw things. Didn't you hear, Canadians are the nicest people :p

Also, Im from T.O. too, so I'll protect you :D

Yeah i agree with Palm, i never been to Fort Mcmerry (I think) but Edmonton is a bore and plus in the Fall/Winter time the wind brings the smell of the cows and there left overs over to are town and thats all you can smell and i have to walk him from school and lets not forget gym and lunch breaks, *Shiver* that is very desterbing.

Augh! All you Torontonians and Albertans! Us BC girls need to band together against you! ;) Nah, I don't mind TO, it's a very nice city. I just wouldn't want to live there. Honestly, there's nowhere else in Canada that I'd rather live than right here in Vancouver. yay.

Tonight I went for dinner and a beer with my mom and boyfriend, and even though it's practically October, it was almost 30 degrees out and we sat on the patio at the pub, basking in the sun. Now THAT is nice. :)

^ Haha yeah there's you, I & Lauren who hasn't been here for a while. I think there's more of us to repersent BC :D.

Haha did anyone hear in the news about a guy in Sannich BC who went to use the toliet in the middle of the night only to discover a snake around the toliet bowl :lol:. Maybe someone was paying to that movie haha...

Oooo i love October for so many reasons, For this year the number one reason is the new Killerz cd is comming out on tuesday. I wish Brandon was Canadian then he would be my canuck hero.

Lauren? Who is Lauren, Shuri? Hmmm... I should know her name if I'm going to hunt her down and do coffee with her next time I'm in Nanaimo, I think.

Woah! Silly Saanich man! I had a dream about snakes the other day. Silly snakes. Did you hear about the big boat smashing into Stanley Park? I thought that was too funny.

^ Yep Lauren is indeed Shuri...I think :lol:.

Yeah I heard about that briefly on the 5:00 news on Global. So many crazy & stupid things happen here in Vancouver but besides that Vancouver is my second favourite place in the world. I glad my parents came here.

*sigh* ...I'm from Edmonton, and I love Alberta...*starts to cry* :lol:

Ah who cares, anyone can hate whatever city they want. :D Hey now, I took french immersion. :p I should really just stop popping in here to defend Alberta. :lol:

I love Vancouver. Everything happens there, especially movies and TV shows. eg: Supernatural. Best. Show. Ever.

I think I've been just about everywhere in the prairies. I've been to BC, Alberta (obviously), Saskatchewan (I love how the Americans have no idea how to spell that. They think its some kind of Indian tribe or sound effect), Manitoba, and the East. Ontario, and Quebec.

So I have yet to visit the Maritimes. :)

I'd have to say my favorite place was BC. If I could live there, I would. Be proud BC!

I do like Edmonton but ive been like everywhere in it. I want to go to another Cosco or Wal-mart in anoter tow =P

Yet we do have the bestist mall ever and theres Kingsway which is always pretty around the holidays. Downtown Edmonton is always so pretty for Christmas!

Oh gosh I swear if Edmonton gets another Costco I'll scream. :rolleyes:

But since I live in St.Albert, I don't have to leave to go anywhere. :lol: - But you're right, downtown is very pretty at Christmas. It turns into a giant city of pretty lights. :D

*chewing in a pen lid* ..Eh? I go out volunteering and I come back to you all talkin' about me.

Geni, I AM proud of BC. And speakin' of the 'most Canadian's don't know that Ed... bla bla', I think they think it's Calgary. :p Yet another reason why Calgary is better than Edmonton to chalk up on the board. :lol:

Mina, you know how glad I am that you spelt my name right? :D

Ziggy, only problem with me is that I'm not in the phone book, so I suppose it is a good thing that you know my name. :lol:

*flail* I heard about that ship that ran aground in Stanley Park! It was.. It made me giggle. I don't suppose anyone knows why that happened do they?

*has to go out shopping for a birthday present*

Heeeeeeeey.. While I think of it: Who is doing the CIBC Run for the Cure tomorrow? I am.

I can't go do the CIBC run. I don't go outside. :p (But it's a very good cause. :))

*gasp* Lauren you little...BC-er who's from Calgary. Calgary is not better than Edmonton. :lol: Oy I feel like we've gone over this a million times. Ah, I'm just kiddin' I love Calgary. But I think the main confusion lies in the fact that Edmonton and Calgary are very similar in size, and population.

And about the ship? I have no idea what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back