The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ziggystarduzt said:
Everywhere they go, they poo. Goose poo annoys me.

I swear the same with cows too.

Or at least, the cows I saw on the meadow when I went out walking yesterday afternoon. I was just watching them through the railings, then one suddenly moos, turns around with its backside to me and does several at once! How charming, I thought :rolleyes:

DaWacko said
HOw can someone hate snow

Well maybe because it's cold and wet and it makes driving really slippery, and it makes the roads dirty, and they sky is always grey and eventually you'll freeze to death before you go outside to get the mail? ...Erm...Well I guess snow is good too. Kills the bugs. ;) :p

*kicks the evil Canadian snowhaters*

:eek: *runs away*

;)

I'm with you Ducky!!!! i love snow. True it's cold but it's Canada it's always cold. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without snow (Thats why i wouldn't want to go to Texus for the holidays) The only time i hated snow was when it snowed in June!!! but it melted straight away. Plus if it wasn't for snow we wouldn't have the story of Frosty the SNOW man.

I can't imagine Christmas without snow. That would be weird, and so very, very, VERY wrong. Other than that, I'm not a big fan, but I don't hate it.

I agree with Ducky on the whole snow issue. Nothing brings out my inner kid like seeing white snow covering the sidewalks & hills like a soft blanket. Plus, I love going tubing & throwing a snowball at my little brother when he expects them :lol:.

As for geese I frigging hate 'em. Nothing makes me mader then stepping in their shit & having it cling to my nice runners. They're not friendly either. Sure, they'll let you feed them bread crumbs but afterwards it's like they want your hands for dessert or something. Those troublemakers :mad:.

Wibble. Cows are more innocent than geese!
My brother shoots Canadian geese... I actually have one pic of the dead goose. They cause major trouble in here on the coast. I don't know who friggin' idiot decided to bring the bird here in the 60s.

csikicksurass, I know the feeling. Me lives more north :p
Roads slippery...doh, that's why you have winter tyres :rolleyes:
Snowangels and stuff. It's so much fun!

Well, I guess I'm the only one who remembers what snow really does.
Makes Roads Slippery causing accidents, creates Power Lines to go down sometimes, Sleet, Slush, Those Periods when it snows so hard you can't see 2 feet in front of your face. Yeah, that's fun driving in. How it makes the tempeture drop down to -40 at times. I mean, how can you NOT like walking 6 blocks a day in weather that tries to kill you?

Oh, and I forgot how 8 months out of 12, Canadians are engulfed in it. Yeah. Fun. Times.

stop exagerrating Palm! its only like 6 months :p
id be fine if december, january, and february were the only months with snow, and it wasnt -20. if the first few weeks of march have snow thats fine, but when it goes in to april (especially my birthday!) i get soooo sick of it. although we did have an ice storm when i was in grade 11 in april and we didnt have to go to school, so that was pretty sweet. and even last year i had a midterm in february cancelled because the roads were too slippery for off campus students to get there :D

I feel Palm's misery.

Sometimes I like snow, but only when it's not that 'can't see two feet in front of your face' snow.

And YES cows are more innocent than geese. I hate geese. :p

In the... um... 15 years that I have attended school (that's K to 2nd year university) I have not had one single day of school canceled due to snow or ice. Apparently, in MB it's okay to walk to school in a full blown blizzard. Yes, I've done it. Not fun.

My friend in Washington DC, however, had school canceled for two inches of snow. The plows were having trouble handling it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and we don't have many Canadian Geese around where I live, but LOTS of cows.

DragonflyDreamer said
The plows were having trouble handling it

:lol: :lol: Oh our poor American friends. *hugs Americans* Bless their hearts.

Yeah we have cows AND geese. Sometimes the geese will sit in the same field as the cows. At times, I'm afraid the world will implode. :p

I swear the same with cows too.
There are no cows around here, I'd have to go out to Abbotsford to find any. It smells horrid out there.. all the manure. Really what it comes down to is I just don't like poo.

I'm getting published in Cosmo. *dances* I've only written magazines twice, and both times I'm published. Maybe I'm in the wrong line of work.

^Ooh congrats ziggy :D! You must feel so proud & excited & I remember I was when a letter of mine was published in In Style, my all-time favourite magazine 2.5 years ago. Lemme know the issue that'll be published in so I can check it out.

I too need to head to Abbotsford to see any livestock such as cows or whatever. I wonder what happens to the cows when it snows out. Hmmm...

Palm said:

Makes Roads Slippery causing accidents, creates Power Lines to go down sometimes, Sleet, Slush, Those Periods when it snows so hard you can't see 2 feet in front of your face. Yeah, that's fun driving in. How it makes the tempeture drop down to -40 at times. I mean, how can you NOT like walking 6 blocks a day in weather that tries to kill you?

aaaaah, summer time in Saskatchewan.

hardy har har...seriously, any saskatchewan...eers...onians...i dunno, what are we? i don't want to browse thru 18 pages of posts, so if you're from the prairies, speak now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back