The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShuriyuCSI, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Today it was poring rain and now it's boiling hot stupid sun, in this case i want the song "Oh mr sun" to be the exact opposite :D

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

It's Finnish. :lol: Shit, it was morning when I typed and my inner English dictionary wasn't working! it means "image" :p

3. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Do you know whereabouts she is specifically? I'm useless when it comes to Fahrenheit.. it's funny I use Celsius when talking temperature, but feet when talking height and lbs when talking weight. *sigh* Such a Canadian-American hybrid :)

Oh yuck. Me no like cold. At least you did your mom the courtesy of warming her up with labour.. I just made my mom hot and miserable :lol:

4. Palm

Palm Coroner

*leans back* So... apparently a Canadian was killed today in the ME. What a shock.

And I'm really craving a Nanaimo Bar right now..

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

*sigh* I hate politics. It gives me cramps. :rolleyes: Reading the newspaper is a chore now. Good lord.

6. Palm

Palm Coroner

I try not to read the Edmonton Paper. Too many editorials on how we should feel and letters crying out on how we're all jackasses because we don't care.

And seriously, wtf. There's another thunderstorm rolling through. It's 7:26AM. Why can't these friggin clouds make up their minds and stop randomly popping up. Gawd. Makes me want to shove my head in the oven...

7. Finch

Good God this morning there was already a storm and it cracked right over my house. And now there's another one? Ughers.

And good God whenever I watch Environment Canada, they're always about three hours BEHIND. I was watching it during a storm and they said 'Now in Alberta, there should be storm rolling in soon'. And they never say whether it's a tornado or not. It's always a 'vortex' or a 'cold funnel'. GOOD LORD people. We don't need some station a thousand miles away to tell us when there's a giant gust of wind tearing apart a house in Alberta. I think we can handle it.

And then you get those bands of announcements on CTV only during the show YOU want to watch. And it says 'Severe thunderstorms in the following areas. Morinville, Edmonton, Sherwood Park' ...Yeah what about St.Albert? It's about 10 seconds away from Morinville and St.Albert is ACTUALLY a city with about 56, 301 people. (somewhere around there) And they never mention St.Albert. It's like there's some miracle bubble around my city. :rolleyes:

8. Palm

Palm Coroner

I do love how they never mention St. Albert unless there's a festival going on.

But I never watch the Global/CTV/CBC news for Alberta. It's so... stupid. It goes from "6 were murdered in Afganistan" to "Now! An inspirational Story!" which apparently is supposed to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside when really, it makes you more depressed that a woman who can barely move is doing more things than you. And the reporters are like "Wow. Isn't that great? She survived a triple bypass surgery, a car accident, getting hit by lightning, and getting rabies only to come back and show you all how lazy you are by running a marathon! More people should be like her."

What they don't realize is that a lot of people are trying to get fit but, oh wait, when it hits 30, running outside is considered Suicide and a lot of us don't have the money to go pay for a gym membership only to sit on a treadmill for an hour and listen to some guy yap about "How mkany reps he can do."

Puttin' the ol' head in the oven right now...

9. Finch

^ :lol: It's so true in so many ways.

Oh lord I hate the news. I hate the 20 minutes of sports at the end. And then when you think the news is over, NOPE! The national news comes on. There is more news on all day then there are actual tv shows. News and commercials are going to take over the world.

Seriously, the news comes on a thousand times a day and it's always the same stories. They just jumble it up to make it seem different.

And don't even get me started on commericials. I counted once, and there was 7 minutes of commericals and 3 minutes of my show. THREE. GOOD GOD!

10. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I dont watch the news it's to...newsy :D

and it's a good thing we have pvr so we can pause it for forever and come back and you can fast forward through the comercials. God bless belle expresview :)

11. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

So I heard Calgary has it's one millionth civillian and is relatively the same size as New York City. How about that? :lol: I rarely watch the news. Usually read headlines in the paper if they interest me.

I have a story to tell *flails* Okay, so for the bathtub races, the youngest contestant was fourteen years old, right? The guy crossed the finish line, but guess who didn't? Our NAVY! O__o The Navy bathtub dropped out. Saw them hauling it back in when we were docked at the Visitor's Dock downtown (HMCS Saskatoon, Edmonton and Yellowknife were docked there) x3 It was pitiful. There was something like.. 29 tubs dropping out because of weather. Only 21 crossed the finish line. >_< Twas nasty out there.

12. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

To be precise, she lives in Burnaby, British Columbia which, if I understand correctly, is directly opposite Vancouver...sort -of Vancouver's twin, so to speak.

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ Burnaby is Vancouver's ugly twin. :lol: I'm just kidding.

I emjoy the news when they tell us about local stuff that's going on, such a wildfire's & stories like that. I find that I only enjoy Global TV. I never watch CTV or CBC because the anchors there are horrible. As for the newspaper I read the Province at least two times. I'm a fan of the editorials & people coming from Lebanon is the hot topic.

14. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

Hehe i like what you are jorja_fan86

well im Chases bitch :p

And am i the only one who really needs to read the paper and watch the news...nah i can just come here :D

15. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I find the newspaper more reliable since some anchors tend to be biased when they're delivering a story. I like the 5:00 news on global tv best. I learn the most from guys like Tony Parson, not that damn Tamara Tagart :mad:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.