The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I haven't been in here in a while. *Waves* Hi all!

So... poodles, huh? Well, I'm not sure why we're talking about them, but I'll stick in my two cents anyway. Ready? Here goes. I'm not a big fan of poodles. Not that I dislike them, mind you. But I'll stick with my Bichon Frises. I have two, and they're my babies. They are related to poodles, though. Anyway, I can't imagine not having a pet. That would be terrible!

Oh wow, I have no clue what a newfie dog is :confused:. I'll probably google them to see what they look like. It would be pretty cool if every province had their own dog & cat. For elsewhere the German & French have their dogs so Canada should get one too :lol:.

well 'french' poodles were actually developed in germany but maybe french bulldogs really do come from france :lol:
it seems the eastcoasters like to make their own breeds of dogs, they have three. i guess the rest of us should get on it then! speaking of east coast dogs, the labrador specifically, has anyone ever heard of silver labs? we talked about them in my animal genetics class and the breeders insist they are pure lab, but my prof cant help but think the silver colour comes from a wiemeramer that snuck into the gene pool.
i want big hairy dogs that will like to play in the snow. i dont think i could bring myself to put a sweater on a dog so it needs to be able to stay warm on its own :lol:

allmaple said
well 'french' poodles were actually developed in germany

^ Very true. And poodles were also put on the Roman coin back in the days of 'A.D' The word 'poodle' comes from the german word 'pudle' (sp?), meaning 'puddle'. Poodles are supposed to be water dogs as well. - My poodle however hates water.

...Anyway now that I've finished giving useless bits of information...

And I've heard of silver labs! *raises hand* I just never thought they were a pure lab either. *shrugs*

It's not fair, the east gets dog breeds and the west gets...Cows. :lol: We should adopt a western dog like...I don't know, I don't think there are western dogs. :p

my prof gave us a website where breeders defend the lineage of silver labs (probably so they can charge $1500 for this 'rare' dog :eek:) i dont know, might be real, might be not. either way theyre not getting that kind of money out of me for a dog! :lol:
if places like australia have come up with all kinds of cattle dogs why hasnt canada? youd think they could have made a dog to fit their needs. i mean come on, if the east coasters could make 3 dogs.... kidding! no offense to east coasters! :lol: :p

:eek: My poodle was 1500$. (but he's a pure breed, so..I guess they can charge what they want.) My dead poodle, formerly named Riley, was about 400 bucks. He wasn't a pure breed. - Well he was, but he had a white spot on his chest, around all the black so he was cheaper. Racist...Dog people. :p

We should get a cool dog like an Irish Setter (pretty fur heee) or a Golden Retriever. :lol:

Ohh, I wanna Manitoba dog! I don't know what kind though. I like retrievers... or um... oh who am I kidding, I like all dogs.

My poodles were only about $500 or $600. They're both purebred, but we got them direct from breeders we knew well, and in Whitehorse (where there is not a huge call for poodles) they were probably a lot cheaper.

I wonder why we are talking about dogs for so long :lol:

I cant believe it, it is actually warm in Edmonton today!!! but i hope it will snow soon, i want to have a snow on the ground for my b day!

I love snow but when snow as been on the ground for to long i'm always whining "I want the snow to melt" but when i see the grass everyday i always say "When is it going to snow!"
Last year in Canada it took for ever to snow. It usually snows in October (I hate walking around on halloween in the freezing cold) but it snowed like near Chrismas.

Well, as I've mentioned, I grew up in Whitehorse, Yukon and got my fair share of snow while I was there. In Whitehorse, snow flies for the first time in early October and doesn't melt until late March-early April. It's WAY too cold for one to enjoy it. I think that's part of why I'm so happy living in BC again(I was born here and lived here until I was 10).. I'm all snowed out. I remember taking a taxi with my fiance to get our cat to the vet to be spayed a couple of years ago..we decided to walk home (about an hour) and it was SO COLD (-50c) that we had to stop in every store along the way to warm up for a couple minutes. Ugh. If I never saw snow again it would be too soon.

I LOVE snow but we rarely get it here on the west coast. When it does snow I always go to the local park & go down the hill on my tube or sled. I've always heard about this thing in which you put maple syrup on a patch of snow & then eat it. It sounds kind've interesting but I dunno if I would ever try it :lol:.

I've tried the maple syrup on the snow thing. They had it at our school for 'carnavale' week, and I never really liked doing that kind of thing. - I'd rather go to school to learn, not to be pushed to participate in idiotic 'team spirit' school activities.

Erm, so my original idea. - I've tried it, and it's actually really good. I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't had a taste. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back