The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... you know, somehow, I've never actually tried that. But, it'll snow here soon enough. Although, it may be a while before it sticks around long enough to try. lol

I have tried the maple syrup thing. L'Association Franco-Canadienne du Yukon always had a hut up during Rendezvous with it. It's really, really, really, really good. I'm not usually a fan of sweet stuff at all, but that iced syrup.. god it's good. Sticky as hell though, you have to eat it relatively quickly or put it in your freezer or it'll melt and get everywhere.. damn.. now I want one.

jorja_fan86 said:
I LOVE snow but we rarely get it here on the west coast. When it does snow I always go to the local park & go down the hill on my tube or sled. I've always heard about this thing in which you put maple syrup on a patch of snow & then eat it. It sounds kind've interesting but I dunno if I would ever try it :lol:.

Have any of you traveled to Hanover , New Hampshire in December-February??...Snow everlasting...like you're in Siberia!!

Kicky you're nuts! maple syrup is so fantastic :D

I've never been to New Hampshire.. I've only ever been to California, Washington, Oregon, and New York. One day I'd like to travel the states!

Just so everyone knows, our beloved mod TuesdayMorning has passed away. There's a condolences thread set up in the Fan Art section, for those who knew her to say goodbye. She was great fun and will be missed. :(

*claws at wrists at the mention of snow* NO NO NO NO NO. I do not ever want it to snow. EVER.
I will sacrifice a friggin Oilers Hockey Player over a pit of maple Syrup, wearing a flannel shirt and chanting the 'Hockey Night in Canada' song to make it NOT snow. Seriously.
Gah.

Awww.... I think I'll head over to the fanart section, that's sad. :(

for our grade 8 trip we went to quebec city and one day had lunch at a sugar bush. it was in june so they had a big ice table that they poured the maple syrup on to make the candy. everyone thought it was too sweet so they gave theirs to me :lol: but then i felt sick when we got back on the bus :(
mmmm, that lunch was delicious. we had tortiere and bread baked in a wood oven outside, then doughnuts dipped in maple syrup :D
i used to love playing in the snow as long as it wasnt too too cold. now that i have to trek to school everyday i would like it if it didnt snow as the sidewalk plow people arent always out first thing in the morning.
has anyone seen 'how i met your mother'? neil patrick harris character always says things are going to be 'legendary' and in one episode he says to his friend 'lets build an igloo in central park, itll be legendary!' so when i go to new york for christmas this year i want to build an igloo. :D make my canadian mark on new york

*claws at wrists at the mention of snow* NO NO NO NO NO. I do not ever want it to snow. EVER.
I will sacrifice a friggin Oilers Hockey Player over a pit of maple Syrup, wearing a flannel shirt and chanting the 'Hockey Night in Canada' song to make it NOT snow. Seriously.
Gah.
Oh how I like the way you think, Palm. heeeee. I don't mind rain at all.. I get a little sick of it, for sure, but I don't really mind it. It's the SNOW that I loathe. Plus it's the inlaws in Whitehorse's turn to get us at Christmas.. ugh. Last time it was their turn we went to Mexico so I totally avoided the snow. Maybe we can convince them to do something similar this year. I am sooo not looking forward to -40 weather.

so there is no denying the canada goose is a pround and noble creature, but they arent the most intelligent bird in the animal kingdom. a flock of them has taken up residence in one of the parking lots at my school. they kind of stand in the way and dont like to move when cars try to come in (like the beavers in 'men with brooms', although i wouldnt suggest sweeping geese out of the way with curling brooms, those suckers can bite!!) and they drink out of puddles after it rains. if they just went about 2 minutes downtown there is a lovely park with a river they could make their home. maybe theyre just in pursuit of a post secondary education, but with the rising cost of tuition i think it would be a better idea if they looked at trade school.

speaking of geese, there is a childrens book called 'the canada goose' that my school turned into a play when i was in grade 3, i was the motto of canada :D with the help of a giant goose we saved the miseries from the evil wizard of woe! it was pretty sweet

I dont see alot of geese, just ducks in Edmonton and they are usually swimming outside of town where all the swamps and stuff are or that little wooded area beside Wal-Mart. I have seen gesse flying though but they were probably headed south from another city or town.

HOw can someone hate snow :( It doesn't make your clothes all soaked (when raining/snowing) like rain :(

*huggles snow* :(
Evil Canucks!

^You're the evil one, Ducky! Snow is the devil! It makes you cold and miserable. With rain you can just carry an umbrella and you're protected. *kicks snow and huggles rain* ;)

I dislike geese. Everywhere they go, they poo. Goose poo annoys me. The only goose I like is my kitten, Lucy Goose.

..I hate snow because of a long explanation that nobody's gonna read or care about, so I'm just gonna keep standing by my explosion.

And I agree with you, Ziggster! Geese are evil. Plus they bite!

:eek: But oh how white it is. How dark the winter is without the snow. in Dec when it's bring only from 11am to 2pm...what would I do without the snow :(

But I agree when it comes to geese ;)

*kicks the evil Canadian snowhaters*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back