The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Gnawing pizza* This would taste better cooked...

I enjoy how the only way I learn Canadian history these days is from those little segements on Tv. Like the dude going "I'm pretty sure Canada means village.." Totally blew my mind. The first time I saw it. And that Winnie the Pooh thing. We totally had that bear first! Uh-huh. Uh-huh. This Shit is Bananas! B-a-n-a-n-a-s!

Listening to music too much.. D:

HEY! Guess what I'm doing in (*glance at time*) 6 minutes? I'm going to SNAKES ON A PLANE! woooooooooooooooo! *does a happy, happy dance*

..Did anyone see that episode about half a week back with Stephen Colbert giving a 'how-to-put-on-a-condom' segment, but instead he blew it up like a balloon?

"Kanata" means village. But it got put over to "Canada". *actually retained that from Socials supprisingly*

*Glares and Ziggy* se jealouse!

I do like SC but i just never get around to watching him but i do like him on Venture Bros! and plus he is a part of the extremely gay duo on SNL :lol:

Shuri said..

Did anyone see that episode about half a week back with Stephen Colbert giving a 'how-to-put-on-a-condom' segment, but instead he blew it up like a balloon?

*raises hand* I saw that! And then the balloon broke ! :lol: I couldn't stop laughing. And then he said 'Bananas, are an excellent source of potassium" :lol:

ziggystarduzt said:
HEY! Guess what I'm doing in (*glance at time*) 6 minutes? I'm going to SNAKES ON A PLANE! woooooooooooooooo! *does a happy, happy dance*

Nice! I believe that was filmed here in Vancouver BC. I heard that Benjamin McKenzie was supposed to be part of the cast too. Anyway, I love watching films and going, "Hey, that was shot here. I know that place!" :D

^ :lol: I did that while watching Brokeback Mountain. I found myself screaming "KANANASKIS!" over and over again throughout the movie. :p

So Snakes RULED. It was everything I hoped it would be. "We must create a barrier between us and the snakes!" <333.

JF, they were on the plane for like, all but 10 minutes of the movie, and those 10 minutes were in Hawaii. I don't know if the plane set was here.. and Benjamin McKenzie was not in it, alas. It did have Julianna Margulies, formerly of ER though! With straight hair! And it had that Canadian chick who played Cher on Clueless the TV show. It was soooo awesome, you must see it!

ShuriyuCSI said:
..Did anyone see that episode about half a week back with Stephen Colbert giving a 'how-to-put-on-a-condom' segment, but instead he blew it up like a balloon?

*sings* I Did...
Ah, There's a movie that was filmed near Edmonton with the penguins featuring Dane Cook and Jessica Alba. It was in the paper like... I don't know. Couple of weeks back. I was like "omgwtfdanecook!" And then Brad Pitt was filming a movie up here but only the sadistic photographers really gave a damn.

Okay, so JF, I looked it up, and you are correct, it was filmed 100% here. Almost all the actors in it were Canadian too. Very cool. Why did I not know this? I would have totally auditioned for it. *siiigh*

*sings* I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!
Yeah, I went and bought coffee at Starbucks (OHNOZ! AMERICAN!) And It wasn't as good as I hoped. Which made me sad. But, still. Coffee. And, HA! I failed my AMA Written test 3 times now and am going for my Drivers! Everyone stay off the roads!! HAHAHA!

In other news, I haven't been paying attention to the news. Anything bad happen in Canada today?

Bad things happen in Canada? :lol:

...*looks around* My cat ran away this morning and he's from Canada, and that's pretty bad. Does that count?

As for news? ...I don't really read the newspaper unless I have to.

You don't have to read the newspaper. Just watch The Daily Show and if you're inspired, The Colbert Report. That's the real news anyway. ;)

Now get out there and start looking for that freakin' cat! :eek:

There is a festival going on in downtown and my sister got to go and she baught a Nocho Libre mask and she but he jumper around her neck and a reporter took her picture and she might be in the newspaper tomorrow and people have been stopping her to tell her she's cool. I dont think Edmonton has any important news these days if they're putting that in the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back