The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BabaOReilly said:
From my slew of world travelling friends, the top votes go to Australia and a few European countries for chocolate. Ironically csikicksurass the US and the UK ranked near the bottom. I've even had Brit friends say their chocolate was crap! :eek:

Baba... you really should taste Fazer Blue (the best Finnish chocolate).It's milkchocolate and man, is it good. Seriously, this is not one of those "nah, Finland is better" :p but it's some kickass chocolate.
...Like white Toblerone :D (I don't care for the normal one)

^ Mmm that sounds tempting. I wonder if I could get it here in BC 'cause usually the chocolates that I find are from North America & sometimes the UK. Maybe I'll try a speciality store. How's your guy's dark chocolate because I usually prefer it over the other kinds but I can make an exception...

^The best way to find incredible European chocolate is in little mom and pop market type things. Actually, there's an amazing candy store in the West End on like, 4th, that sells candy from all over the world. The only place I've ever been able to find my beloved Tim Tams outside of Australia. mmm, tim tams.

Hahaha! Eddie Izzard! Wheee!

*fallsdown* I love dark Chocolate. I mean, It does mean I have to down a gallon of water (Chocolate makes me die of thristiness. Ness.) But I find it's better than Milk Chocolate. Plus, all the studies say eating Dark Chocolate is good for you, in Moderation. Just another excuse to demand a Carmilk Dark Chocolate! If they stil sell them...

And with Smarties? I eat the Blue ones last XD

Ohhh.... TimTams... drooooooooooool... I started to believe there might actually be a God when I tried those. :eek:

There is a place on W 4th in Vancouver that sells them. Yum! I think there must be a bigger Australian goods supply starting up since so many Aussies come here. I think they jokingly call Whistler "Little Oz" and that's very fitting! It's sort of a combination of Australia and Quebec up there! :lol:

This thread is making me hungry. :p

We have a few specialty places in West Edmonton Mall. I haven't been to one, and I don't normally buy chocolate but now the 'Fazer Blue' chocolate that Ducky mentioned sounds really good right now...

But I guess I'll settle for my Coffee Crisp and cup of coffee at the moment. Geez, could I be consuming ANY more cafeine? :rolleyes:

Fazer has... hmm... I don't know... they have Blue (which is plain milk chocolate), Red (Pack is mostly Blue but one corner is a certain colour and that's where it gets the name) has I think raisins. Yellow has nuts. Then there's Cookie Crisp and Marianne (mint caramel)...then there's Brown but don't know what... it is.

Another by them (or it's official Cloetta Fazer) is Geisha. Chocolate with hazelnut filling.

Ah... chocolate. Why I didn't buy it today.

Well that sounds pretty tasty...I'm thinking maybe Finnish chocolate is better than Canadian chocolate now...Hmm.. :p *hides from thrown rocks* Do we Canucks even have our own chocolatey inventions?

Oh yeah! We have Smarties! WE OWN ALL. :p

Who would have thought that chocolate covered with pretty colors would turn out so popular? :lol: ...But other than that, I don't eat Smarties very often. :p

I actually far prefer them to M&M's. There's just something about the candy coating on those I don't like. Bleh.

So, ahem... have any of you seen the new movie that's sweeping the nation, "Bob Cop, Bad Cop"? I REALLY like Colm Feore and I think it looks like it should be pretty funny. Plus the Post gave it 3 and half stars. That's not bad.

I haven't seen the movie, but I really want to see it! It looks really funny. :D I saw posters of it in Montreal when I was over there the other week, and I remembered thinking 'wow that looks like a really funny movie', and apparently it is so I'm excited for it. :)

^Baba! Dude, that's exactly the place I was referring to! That candy store on W 4th is most likely next to only Disneyland in happiness.

I dont like Milk chocolate it leaves a bad taste in my mouth (But what do i like) i live the Milk chocolate but then again I am a milk whore!

Are we still talking about chocolate? :lol:

...Something Canadian...Something Canadian....

Ogopogo!

A less-famous distant relative of the Loch Ness monster said to live in Lake Okanagan, B.C. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back