The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
*gasp* I've been waiting for rain all week! :lol:

However I kind of wish the sun would come back and the blue sky because grey is boring. :p

kicky I lived down under for 3 years, right around your age :)

Snow here happens. Not often. And it angers us when it does. But every once in a while (and not necessarily every year) it snows, and then the city shuts. down.

And BC drivers are indeed horrifying. I once drove to Calgary, and I swear to God, the second I crossed the border into Alberta, the driving was magically better... I'm sure we have some of the worst, scariest drivers in teh world here. I lost my little car about 2 years ago when a dude decided he was going to turn left immediately in front of me.... there was NOTHING BUT THE CURB for him to turn to. Needless to say, the accident was judged 100% his fault and I got the $.. but alas, my little car was sent to the junk heap and I could not afford another. And now a moment of silence for poor Lucy. *hangs head*

Hehe i have some news. Me and my sister made a bet that if i move to Aussie when im olde enough she is going to owe me a coke so she is going to send me that in the mail because im going to Sydney, maybe Melbourne :)

I cant wait till im old enough to drive so i can flip people off when the pass me.

Oh kicky. It's NEVER a good idea to flip people off while driving. I know someone who once did it and had a gun pulled on her. Other drivers can be damn scary sometimes.

I lived in Sydney myself. It was beautiful and I loved it. I was there on a scholarship for a performance arts school. I'm still in touch with all my friends there and I'd love to go back. I had some of the best times of my life there!

... ... ... Down with Edmonton!! :p Go home you Oilers!

:D *waving little Flames flag around* I still favor Flames over Canucks..

Palm, -5 is freezing for us. It hardly EVER gets that cold. :lol: We bust out the huge thick parkas and snow pants at that point.

Speed_Cochrane, Coquihalla Highway. Toll booth is hell, isn't it? :lol: Campbell River is... *pointing random directions before pointing north* Hour and a half.

Sandersidle, there's Ontarians in here somewhere..

Ziggy, and Americans say us BCers are fun-loving, easy-going tree-huggers. :lol: /sarcasm

Sydney is amazing and it has a huge "competition" with Melbourne... probably not unlike the Calgary-Edmonton thing (accept, of course, with much better weather and beaches! :lol: )

I lived in Sydney for a year and it's beautiful. Melbourne is more... I guess you'd say "artsy-fartsy" for lack of a more erudite term! :lol: Melbourne is nice but it sure doesn't have Sydney's beaches. Melbourne is close to some nice wine country though, if you like wine. Sydney has better weather... And the list goes on. Either way, I think you'd enjoy yourself, but be prepared to be half a year behind on CSI! :p

^Sydney has gorgeous weather.. not TOO hot most of the time, but a far cry warmer than anywhere here. Alas, you do adjust to the temperatures. I remember waiting for the train on my way to school and looking down at my legs and noting that they were a blue tinge... I later found out it was 18 degrees :lol:

Baba, whereabouts in Sydney were you? I lived in North Rocks, near Parramatta, and I went to school in Newtown. Now Newtown is a very "artsy-fartsy" place.. it's lined with cafes, new age stores, and used clothing shops. My school was a performance arts school. Across the street was the hare krishna centre, where you could have a wonderful lunch and listen to the music for only a quarter. I loved Sydney so much. Melbourne was nice enough, but it just wasn't Sydney.

Funny though, did you go to Canberra at all? I always felt that it was a lot like Victoria. I guess many capital cities are alike :)

I guess i will pick Sydney, thanks for helping :) even though Jesse Spencer was bourne in Melbourne :D (hehe fangirl) but i still have along time to go i will just have to enjoy the feezing ass, snowy Canada while it last because i am going to miss snow.

*rolling around* :D
Australia has monster spiders that run after you. Old School!

*Stare*
I'd rather stay in Alberta. I enjoy the random weather and the flexible pants.

Me and my sister made a bet if i go to Aussie i cant back out and i will try and stay away from the giant spiders *Shivers* but i still like Canada the best, Canadians stay Canadian where ever they go.

Some don't. I like to call them "Traitors". Or, like when we travel, we have to be careful because those Americans are travelling under the 'Canadian identity'. And I hate that. If they didn't want to be hated, they shouldn't have treated the world so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back