The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What IS French Immersion, anyways? I think someone explained it to me once, But I was all "Shut up. There's pie."

Palm said:
What IS French Immersion, anyways? I think someone explained it to me once, But I was all "Shut up. There's pie."

Well, that's understandable. If there's pie, then it's mandetory to stop whatever you're doing.

But yeah, French Immersion is where half your subjects are in English, and have are in French. Atually, I think it's more than half because all my major subjects are in French. Anyways, after you complete grade 12, you receive your bilingual certificate. It makes it easier to get jobs etc.

I know more about the French in France then the French we have here in Quebec. I just remember walking through the Montreal airport after arriving back from Europe & hearing everyone converse in French. I had no clue what they were talking about but hey, French is a pretty sexy language heh.

Anyway, I know it's not november 11th but I'd figure I'd post this anyway...

In Flanders Fields: John McCrae

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Wow...

lol, I hear that. And btw: Happy freaking birthday, Dayna!!!
Thanks a freaking lot, Ievy! *snuggles* I <3333 my Reebs.

French immersion is when they lock you in a small room and force French upon you day and night and feed you nothing but cheese and bread.

OMG it's your real birthday Ziggy :D

I learned more about napolian because i just watched that episode of pinky and the brain where he pretende to be him :D

csikicksurass said:
We learned all about the Canadian history in social class but i most likely forgot it all :D

Seems that Canada was pretty much a wilderness, not too long ago, i.e., if I'm not mistaken!

I really forgot it all i cant remember anything and i was one of the top kids in social *sigh* summers really gets to me with all the staying up really late like last night 5:30 to six and waking up at 2:05pm

I found out that Canada can be mipronounced as "Kah-nah-dah." Which makes me laugh. Kah-nah-dah. Whooo....

Anyhoo. Man, that French Immersion sounds like horror. I mean, the whole "You have more choice of jobs" sounds great but learning half your subjects in French? Ick!
Yeah, I've never really recovered from the French class I took in Junior High.

I say Canada the Greek way which is "kah-nah-das" & it's spelt as Kanadas instead of Canada. It's something to do that the Greek alphabet is totally different from the English one(there's is no "J"). When I do say it Kanadas people give me a weird look like I'm some foreigner, but I always manage to add the "eh" at the end to convince them that I'm not :lol:.

A eh can solve anything :D it's also the word version of a question mark and it can also make a conversation go on for ever for example

Billy: "This ice cream is good eh"
Susie: "I know eh"
Billy: "I know eh"

well you get my point ;)

i was born in canada! but then i moved to the US when i was 6. im hoping to move back somethime though. im a canadian at heart! :)

~nix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back