The Eh? Team: Canadian Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I learnt so much about Russia & America I now want to learn about Canada and how the past events shaped our country today. Plus, there are tons of interesting Canadian inventors & inventions that I want to inquire about. It would be cool if they threw some ancient Greece history in there since everything I learnt about Greece in high school was negative. For some odd reason my parents sent me to a Catholic school and I remember the religion teacher talking about the big fight between Italy & Greece and the split 'causing the Catholic religion & yada yada yada. I was pretty much the only Greek student in the room and I was fuming inside. I wanted to jump on my desk & share what happened from the Orthodox point of view instead of what the Catholic textbook said :mad:. Anyway, OT:

I'm sad that we sold the Bay to America. Wasn't that our first clothing chain ever? Geez, there goes another part of our identity to another country :(.

Hahaha. Their candy makes me die internally. Too sweet. I just love their history. Murder. Suicide. Kings plotting murder. Queen's being beheaded. War. Civil Wars. Moats. Ships. They have all the good stuff.
England has the Napoleonic Wars where they kicked the stuffing out of France with their Navy. All the beheadings that Henry The VIII Demanded. Them kicking some Nazi ass in WWII. They have it all. Russia has one civil war and then a coverup when they starved millions of Ukranians. And I'm not supposed to be bitter that I lost family in that. Oh no... I have to accept it and feel sorry for Stalin. F' that.

I'll say, it was the worst unit I ever took in Grade 9. The real fun doesn't start until grade 11 when you get into the good stuff.

Hm. Now I'm interested in the Greek History to hear how it really went...

We should learn about henery the 8, even though i can teach you all about him

"Im henry the eight i am henry the eight i am i am i got married to the widdow next door, she's been married seven times before and everyone was a henry, she wouldn't have a willy or a sam, im the eighth old man im henr, henry the eight old man im henry, henry the eight i am.

Secound verse same as the fist! Im henry the eight i am henry the eight i am i am i got married to the widdow next door, she's been married seven times before and everyone was a henry, she wouldn't have a willy or a sam, im the eighth old man im henr, henry the eight old man im henry, henry the eight i am."

I dont know how i rememmber that song :D

Henry the VIII by Herman's Hermits?

I love that song.
Ah, I remember all his wives by this:
Beheaded, Divorced, Died. Beheaded, Divorced, Survived.
And that's how you remember Henry the VIII's wives. Or at least I do.

Meh, English history doesn't interest me too much. I want to learn about ancient civilization or even mythlogy. I know the ancient gods on Mount Olympus don't exist but watching Hercules a few nights ago sparked my interest.

OT: What did you learn about Canadian history in high school. I quite remember the whole Hudson Bay situation and the depression years era. I also keenly remember about Canada helping how Holland(???) in WW2. I love being a peace keeping country...

I learned about the railroad being built, us enslaving the Chinese, the Japanese, and everyone else to make this country. And... The Upper and Lower houses. That's it. Nothing more specific.

Well in social studies, my teacher was telling us how he went to either France or Italy, but they have a graveyard there for all the fallen soldiers from WW2, and while he was looking at all the gravestones, a little french guy saw the Canadian patch on his arm and started crying and told him how much he was glad that Canada helped them out and saved a lot of people. My teacher was taken by this little guy, because he was so proud to be standing next to a Canadian.

Awww thanks so much for sharing that touching story. I would really love to hear someone from another share how they felt about Canada's contributions in WW2. I'll never forget the Battle of Normandy & I always wear my poppy on remberance day to show I care for our soldiers & that I care. Who knows what life would be like today if it wasn't for our brave men going into battle & fighting for our freedom.

I can't watch the Rememberance Day thing. It makes me cry. And I always get weird looks for it. But I can't help it! Their so sweet! D: Everytime I meet a veteran their like "Oh... I lost my arm. But we won the war. So it was worth it..." And I'm like "....BAAAAWWWL! *hug them*"

Basically explains why my mom doesn't take me out to the ceremony anymore. I'm such a wuss. [Insert 'Wuss.. wuss wuss wuss Wuuuuuusss!']

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back