The British and Irish Thread

Was so happy he won, he was pretty cool and soo lovely i loved what Simon said about britain loves a fighter and he definately was.

Saying that i rewatched it today as never saw it last night and i love Escala... they were amazing tho i saw there semi performance and that was mind blowing it was like wow.

Reality tv, not really my thing... (but my downfall is Big brother!)
I love that :lol: You dont like reality but BB is th biggest of them all :lol: Was Antony last years winner?! NO I think you are right with saing Pete...but im not sure lol. I HAVE to watch the first week of BB else I never get interested in it although I normally watch the final if I atch it or not :D

haha I hate Big Brother, I watched the 3rd one, but I hate it now, like last year, I thought it was silly.

Late arrival to this thread! Not been on here for a while now - Uni took over somewhat...
I am EnglishScottishWelsh for anyone who is interested :D

As for reality TV shows, YEUK! I am so fed up with them, feels like it's all we have on at the moment, more desperate people trying to be famous (although I will make an exception for some of the latest talent shows for the West End as some of them are GOOD!) and more public voting for someone who is blatantly not the best...

*ahem*

haha, I just can't stand them for many reasons. I went out with a few friends today and they just spoke about it for about an hour...

I'm so happy though, I'm going on holiday in a week :D i'm a bit scared of being caught in a hurricane though... I'm going to Miami.

sorry for the double post, but where is everyone in the UK? what's everyone up to? I'm going to be getting myself into Wimbledon, :D it actually didn't rain 1 bit there yesterday! shocking.

I went Wimbledon yesterday :D It didnt rain, it didnt get scorching hot and it wasnt windy!......Considering our weather/wimbledon I think that was pretty good :D

Here are two of the pics I took....

P6222259.gif
P6212234.gif

Aww wow, I am super jealous of you! And how good are your pics!! I went a couple of years ago, and it was amazing, it was boiling hot then! But we sat in the shady bit of centre court. We saw Federer, Murray and Henin! I wish I could go again. I bet you had an awesome day? You got any more pics?

Yeh it was great and my first time :D I got to see the first match on Center court with Federa and Hrbaty game. Federa made him look like a novice but me and my friend thought he made some bad errors himself ;) Then I watched the Hewitt and Haas (sp?) game which as you'll probably know was pretty close. I really wanted to see Nadel but he wasnt playing , obviously for his playing and not biceps ;), however some of my friends saw him on the practice courts :) And I do have more pics...

P6212227.gif
P6222242.gif

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Over all I absoloutly loved it and it was a great experience :D...I'm watching it now on TV and it seems wierd I was there yesterday :lol:

Last edited:
Haha that's what I thought when I went. I'm watching it too. Cavaday didn't do too bad first set, but she's going to get thrashed now I guess.

I love your pics :) It's really a great day out isn't it :D

When I went we were just leaving and someone offered us like their ticket to go and watch the end of the Nadal game ( I can't for the life of me remember who it was against) but we couldn't because we'd have missed our train home :( but still it was awesome. Do you think Federer will win it? Or Nadal? Or Djockovic ( can't spell), or someone else? I'm still going Federer, but that's because I want him to win!

I saw the Hewitt match, he wasn't looking that great was he really. I can't wait to see the two Andy's today, for different reasons ;)

:lol: I think he only won because his experience of the 'pressure' in the final set/game.

Oh Williams just won lol.

Its a shame you never got to see the Nadel game :( We had to leave at around six so we put our tickets in this box, or something, and then they are sold cheaply and the money is given to charity.

As for the winner, im not sure at the moment. But I really do want a federa and Nadel final. I hope Murry get's close but I dont think he'll win- then again we'll have to wait and see how he plays today ;)

Ooo nedal next :D

Yeh I don't think he'll win, that's why I didn't mention him lol, but if we can't have a Nadal/Federer final, I'd like Murray to beat Nadal in the quarters, but I don't think it'll happen.

I'm just going to sit and watch it all day :D Nadal then Murray, can't be bad. Man I'm being lazy today :)

I keep telling myself being lazy around the house is a good way to save my non-existent money until I get paid seeing as I spent all of my money on holiday. And Wimbledon is awesome.

I never knew they sold them off for cheap, is that a new thing? No-one told us that on the way out lol.

ETA: Man look at the arms... Nice and tanned :D and wow. Anyway...

Last edited:
^^^Wimbledon is great for many reasons :lol: (I love your reason for editing)

I dont think its new but it could be. Either way I think its a great idea especially with them giving the money to charity :D But Wimbledon is a great way to save money- well only if you're watching it on TV of course :lol:, I'm just glad my exams are over else I wouldnt have had the chance to watch this and those arms ;)

Haha, Trust Nadel to challenge on the first point- but he was right to, did you see the replay?

Yesterday I did think there was a lack of places to buy strawberries....I thought they's be everwhere :lol:

Haha, I didn't notice the strawberry thing lol.

And yeh, trust him to challenge, but it was very very close. He nearly challenged again then as well, he seems really up for it.

I know, I love that exams are finished, and we can just sit here and watch it without thinking about revising or exams or anything like that, I love it. What exams have you just finished? I love the feeling of finished the last exam! It's awesome.

I'm just not worrying about anything for a while, it's great :) Just sitting, watching. And he's only 2 years older than me, haha mmm... ;)

ETA: haha at the commentators: "first he wipes his face, then the biceps, do you think he has them insured?"

Last edited:
:lol: I loved that part of the commentary! Then again J-Lo's Glutious Maximus erm I mean bum (I love the technical name- i love Human Biology :lol:) is insured so you never know :lol:

I've just finished my GCSEs, I am so glad them things are over :lol: You've just finished your secong year at Uni right?!

Back