The British and Irish Thread

The proper snow is pretty, but I'm definitely bored of it now. It's the icy pavements that are causing me the most problems as I keep being told to 'stay in doors' because it's dangerous and too slippy outside. :lol:

I'm mostly finding the whole situation annoying though, as I'm now 39 weeks pregnant and had lots of plans to meet up with friends, have a pedicure, haircut etc (my last weeks of freedom before baby arrives), all of which have been cancelled (and not by me) because of the weather. :rolleyes:

^ Congratulations!
Hope the ice melts soon and you can get out and about again.

My flatmate has had lots of friends cancel meet-ups with her because of the weather. She has been a bit depressed with it all. Its clearing quite fast here now, though.

Well the snows, pretty much melted here in West Yorkshire, I was off school most of last week but I have exams this week so I have to be in regardless of the weather. It's hard revising without seeing my subject teacher before the exams.

Hopefully it doesn't snow again for us but it probably will! :p

Just had my first exam today, 2 more to go :rolleyes:.

^ Hope all your exams go well. That is very awkward not getting into school to revise the week before. I always found it much harder to revise at home- too many distractions!

Think we are forecast a little more snow, but nowhere near as heavy.

^It is, I mean if you've revised over the Christmas and you have a last minute question about something it's difficult to ask the teacher about it when s/he isn't able to get into school some days. And also they're unable to go through any issues or how to even do the exam, the best way to answer question etc.

I wasn't that distracted although I wish I was outside playing in the snow rather than revising for exams. But my parents are pretty tough we only get small 5-10 minute breaks where we watch tv or have a snack.

Back