The British and Irish Thread

Haha is it seriously? That's actually hilarious!

Ah the joy of GCSE's. My brother's in yr10 at the moment and the last week I've been helping him revise for maths, biology chemistry and physics, and wonder how I managed to do all them different subjects within a few weeks of each other! Just the thought of Surds, uh... I'm impressed how much I remember actually lol.

Yeh, i've just finished second year. Have a placement year now (so no uni for over a year :D:D ) then final year. Sounds fun. . .

Are you going to college? Or staying on at school? Or getting a job?

Haha is it seriously? That's actually hilarious!
Well according to an epsode of CSINY each cheak is :lol:

I'm going the college that is attached to my school- I dont see the point in finding a new one when I am comfortable where I am for only to years :D

:lol: Loved the commentators comment on Nadels' water bottles. Talking of water, Yesterday I walked past a tent called, 'Evian, Official Bottled Water Tent'- A little over the top in my opinion!

Yeh, for two years I don't see the point of going if there's something there either. I stayed on in 6th form, only about 60 out of say 150 did though.

Haha, the official bottles water tent. *shakes head*, seriously, advertising crap all this... (from a girl doing marketing lol), that is very ott if you ask me.

Haha, the official bottles water tent. *shakes head*, seriously, advertising crap all this... (from a girl doing marketing lol), that is very ott if you ask me.

:lol: We knew that the prices wold be outrages so we all took our own food. However one of lads wanted to get somthing (obviously) so when we were waiting for play to start again we ended up betting how much Fish and Chips would be- I won with the bet of £6...He didnt dare by them :lol:

haha yeh I remember how expensive it was, but I'd packed too much other crap too fit more than a bag of crisps in my bag!! I think like a slice of pizza was like £3 or something! Shocking... And I had to pay it :(

Wow, expensive... But I supose you'd come to expect that, with it being Wimbleton... :lol: The official water tent sounds a little ott to me...

Aww, GCSE's, I had them last year... Tsk... How'd they go for you Natty? I had my AS levels... Hmm... I reckon, I've failed all 4 subjects... Here's hoping that I'm wrong, but that's my gut feeling...

Aww, I'm sure you haven't failed adorable_crazy. I'm never sure with exams, half the time when I think I've done well I don't, and when i think I've failed I do well. Confusing. So I never know, just cross my fingers and hope!! You don't find out til August either do you?

Ok, sorry for double post, but OMG Murray won!!! I didn't think he was going to when Gasquet was serving for the match, but then the third set tie breaker, and after that, wow. I'm so excited lol.

Omg! Bubb you beat me to it! :lol:

I thought that was sooo fun to watch. I bet the atmosphere was amazing. He definatly wouldnt have won without the crowd. Thats one thing a love about the British supporters in Wimbledon. But I saw Murry on Jonathan ross- He was really grumpy! lol

Haha :D

Yeh, he does seem like he can be a bit grumpy and miserable, but he was awesome on court. And how amazing were the crowd. I would have loved to be there, wouldn't you? They were so loud!! The British are great supporters!! woo, Nadal next, i hope it's not a total thrashing. but yay :D

I went Wimbledon yesterday

^^^Wimbledon is great for many reasons :lol:

wimbledon IS great for many reasons but i hate tennis - i just have to live here! i actually live about a mile out of wimbledon in colliers wood, a place that has its own tube station but is apparently made up of only 28 streets. even londoners never seem to know where it is (3 stops from the bottom of the northern line, folks).

colliers wood's biggest claim to fame is that we have a building here that was voted the single ugliest building in london and in the top 12 ugliest in the uk. wahey. it's pretty gross and has been empty for ages. apparently they can't demolish it because it sits right over the tube station and it could cause havoc.

we're also famous because william morris had a factory here. it's a place that on the surface is all retail park but is actually quite lovely - my house is on a river bank with a park on the other side of the river, there's a lovely old farmer's market here and loads of fabulous georgian and industrial revolution cottages because of the industry and crafts scene that was big here in the 18th and 19th centuries (one of which i live in). it's 1 mile from wimbledon and athough it's really green, it's only 40 mins into the west end. can't get much better than that really.

ok, enough wittering about how lovely cw is - a bit about me i guess. i'm a student at london uni - a mature student, so they tell me, but i've yet to see much evidence of it. i'm doing my second degree because i loved the last one so much. i never went to uni when i left school, went straight into work so now i'm taking some time to do what i want. i live alone apart from my cats who are just awesome. and that's all i can think of...

Oooh how come I never saw this thread before?!

I'm originally Canadian but come July 2009 I'll have lived in ROI for 9 years. Yes 9!! I'm now a dual citizen, so I guess I'm here to stay!!

Anyway just thought I'd pop in and say hello! :D

I must admit I've only been through Wales on the train to London. But I love their tourism advertisements about how good their mud is :lol: A place I'd love to visit for a long weekend.

Back