"Sweet Jane" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I respect your opinion and know where you're coming from but you have to understand that they've established that Sara didn't come from the normal family background. And that's no excuse, but she's still battling those demons. Catherine has said numerous things to Grissom about his personal life that could be deemed nasty and unnecessary, and Catherine also in a way provoked Sara. She asked her, "What's the matter with you?" instead of asking, "Are you okay?" She knew it wasn't normal behavior for Sara. Those remarks were simply Sara's defense mechanism. She doesn't know any other way to deal with what's she's gone through.

I don't think Nick and Sara wanted that case in After the Show for fame. Fame was never an issue for them. They're both professionals. But Catherine wanted the case just as badly as they did. They're all CSIs and it's a high profile case, so of course they're going to fight for it. But Grissom had originally given the case to Nick and Sara. I would've felt the same way if someone had given something they had originally intended to give to me to someone else. They probably felt betrayed, like Grissom didn't trust them.

And I apologize to everyone if you think this post was bashing Catherine because I love Catherine ;)

2. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

i like this epi. and umm, greg. ha

3. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

Liev Schreiber looks so young compared to the cast.
    Its wrong.
    Its off.
    It does not work.
    Bad choice.
    I am not happy at William Petersen for doing this.

4. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

They wanted that case because they were both up for a promotion. It is mentioned in the episode.

5. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

ZThanks. I respect your opinion too. I didn't take offense to anything you said. I like Catherine myself. I like Sara too. I just think that they are both strong individuals. I don't really think that Cath did anything to provoke Sara in that episode where Sara lashed out at Cath. I think Sara was having a hard time coping with the case at hand, and was emotional from it. Which is understandable from her past. I'm not at all dogging Sara either.

6. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

The funny part is that beyond the first couple of episodes, the whole competition to make the next grade or level has been buried. The contest to see who would make CSI3 in the first couple of shows was an interesting aside, and showed a certain amount of competitive nature between the players. That has all but been lost, except in much more subtle ways.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Guys lets move back to the current topic of this thread this episode, while comparison to previous episodes is one thing, lets not let it dominate the current readon for this thread. Thank you. :)

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I am convinced that Keppler is really a robot. He was that boring. What a boring episode.

9. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I liked the episode, and liked the creativity from it. How many serial killers do you hear about that wait a decade to kill again. NOt to mention the title...Sweet Jane, and the the ending song. I really liked it. The fact that the dentist made sure they would stay a jane doe, and withheld the information of who they were was upsetting.

I also really, really liked Catherine staring at Lindsey at the end. You knew she was bothered by the case, and the fact that Lindsey was around the same age.

Did anyone notice that when Keppler was profiling the killer how he sort of picked up on some of Catherine's traits? He was talking about how a serial rapist/killer usually likes a certain look and then went on to say: talk, short, skinny, red headed...and she kind of gave him a look. I just thought that was a bit strange.

10. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

This episode was ok. Mike Keppler is a very intriguing character, I hope we get to learn more about him. And besides the lack of Greg...the ep was decent. And Sara looked GORGEOUS...absolutely stunning!!
    Overall: B- :)

11. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I was not looking forward to Schrieber coming on CSI only because I'm not a fan of his previous work. But he surprised me with tonight's episode and he was actually good. I mean I miss Grissom and Schrieber will never be Billy Petersen but he made the episode work... at least for me.

And of course I have to mention my guy Brass... he was his usual self in this eppy... even when he was dealing with Keppler. Overall I enjoyed this episode.

12. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I really liked this episode. Especially enjoyed the investigations into the old cases and how they were able to still get evidence from bodies that had been in the ground for as long as 30 years.
    Keppler — a man of mystery. And, Waiting, I did notice how he picked up on Catherine's red hair. I liked her response to that, that she's not a profiler but instead looks at the evidence. However, I think she needs to open her mind to the value of profiling.
    Were we supposed to know who Frank is in those messages to Keppler?
    Also, at the end, after Catherine was watching Lindsay, we see another young woman arriving in Vegas. Were we supposed to read anything into that?

13. edog

edog Lab Technician

Nah, you weren't the only one. I took that as his odd sense of humor? He really had an odd, dry humor. The kind of joke you get a few seconds later and go, "Heh, that was sorta funny."

Like that thing about the cats. Cath asks if he has any cats and he says with a smirk, "No, I just like using the metaphor."

Anyway, Keppler is an interesting fellow. I want to know who Frank is and why he keeps leaving so many darn messages on Keppler's phone.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I thought it was a decent episode. Finally an episode solely focused on the case, with the only distraction being the addition of the new guy. It was light on Greg & Sara, but we got to see a little more of Doc this time around.
    Did anyone else notice how Cath pulled a "Grissom"? When they were going through the roundtable backgrounds of the previous cases and Keppler finishes with his comments, she makes the remark that she needs to see the evidence, not hypothesis. That was SO Grissom, bringing things back to being about the evidence and telling the team to continue finding it. I liked the Lindsey moment at the end. And how could that dentist be so unfeeling & unemotional for killing someone?

Best line of the night: Cath's comment before the intro - "unlike most men, this one knows how to clean up".

15. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

It wasn't a bad episode (though the bad guy was Dan Conner father on Rosanne). Keppler is definatly a jump in and take the bull by the horns kinda of guy.

But I think there is something more with Keppler than anybody knows.